Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SW80

Simple Home In The Green

seems like the whole place coming together....the carpentry looks good...

when is the handover supposed to be?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

the glass panel between dining and kitchen reminds me of those restaurants where we can sit to eat while watching the chef cooks. nice!

seems like the whole place coming together....the carpentry looks good...

when is the handover supposed to be?

Should be last week 20th.

Hope I dont see that same electrician again. He is slow, sloppy (he misalign quite a few of my power point socket) and dont seems to understand proper instructions.

We had run around to a lot of places last weekend. Looking for a tv console and a dinning table.

Went to Defu furniture at Bukit Batok, found price a bit exp and non of the items are to our liking ;)

Later went to Nova shop at Boon Lay way, where we decide on a marble top dinning table eventually. At first we were considering the glass dinning table as the "metallic" stainless steel support will give our house a more modern look.

But after some thinking, it still substances over style. We would probably need more time to clean off the fingerprints if we purchase a glass table. :P

Our pick..

dinningtableforum.jpg

I still having problems looking for a white TV console. Not many good designs around. Any recommendations ? :)

Today's progress has been good. ID very eager to make our house a showflat for his future customer to be. I have promised to allow him to take some photo and bring in some of his customer to our house this weekend.

Painting is more or less done up. This is for our future kids room. I now realized both of us are very "aggressive" in terms of color selection. :P

kidsroomforum.jpg

Guest Room

guestroomforum.jpg

Our kitchen, left with the hob to be set up this Saturday. The red glass panel is setup and effect with the downlight looks good.

kitchen2forum.jpg

Our the other side of kitchen, fitted with the oven left by the previous owner, where we find it is still new. We decide to re-use.

sidekitchenforum.jpg

Its so difficult to take toilet photos, no matter where we stand. Need to look for a wide lens camera to do the job. I will update my blog with better photos in another few days time.

curious..u did an overhual right? how much u pay for ur reno???

We overhaul the kitchen and the toilets. Marble flooring **** room and wooden flooring in bedroom we polish and touch up.

So far..

As per contract: $29.8K

Mis: $1950 (electrical work, extra window etc..) Hope it stay there

Should been more, but he is behind schedule. End up he FOC us a few items.. :P

We overhaul the kitchen and the toilets. Marble flooring **** room and wooden flooring in bedroom we polish and touch up.

So far..

As per contract: $29.8K

Mis: $1950 (electrical work, extra window etc..) Hope it stay there

Should been more, but he is behind schedule. End up he FOC us a few items.. :P

i think 30k for this...it really worth the bargain...swee!!!

hi sw80,

your kitchen colors look really nice.

what kinds of downlight you use below the top cabinet? looks better than t5 tubes

hi sw80,

your kitchen colors look really nice.

what kinds of downlight you use below the top cabinet? looks better than t5 tubes

Find out for you. For the downlight portion I don't know.. :P

Busy, busy for the past few weeks.

I have to close up all final rectifications that I found in my house with my ID. Also my wife and I have started to equipped the house with all the necessities, pots, pans, refrigerator, washing machine etc... :P

My house renovation has come to a full completion. I am glad and happy that all weeks on kitchen item sourcing, light selections and close follow up with our house progress is over. No doubt it is tiring at times but overall, this whole arrangement has been a pleasant experience really. We are also glad that our ID did a good job for us. Apart from some delays on the electrical work side, all other work such as tiling, carpentry has been closed to flawless and well done. Rectification are deal with quickly with no further questioning from our ID.

We also let our ID to use our home for open house on two occasions for his clients. As far as I know, some of his potential customers have decided to pen their signature to a renovation contract with him after viewing our house. We are happy that we did him a good favour in return.

Now for the finished article. Some photos are taken by a photographer hire by our ID. You can also view his website for more informations.

Kid's room wall shelves with orange re lamination

kidsroomsidedisplay.jpg

Master bedroom cabinet

masterbedroomforum.jpg

Foyer

foyerforum.jpg

Our red common toilet

bathroom32big.jpg

Our master toilet

bathroom33big.jpg

Our Kitchen, 2 view

kitchen23big.jpg

kitchen24big.jpg

What a big change compare to the first time we got the keys for our flat.

I will stay in this forum for some time to view other posts regarding furniture and decorative ideas. For now, the top of my priority list is a white TV console. :)

Our Kitchen, 2 view

kitchen23big.jpg

kitchen24big.jpg

What a big change compare to the first time we got the keys for our flat.

I will stay in this forum for some time to view other posts regarding furniture and decorative ideas. For now, the top of my priority list is a white TV console. :)

look really bice n congrat!!!v nicee house!!! :good:

Your toilets and kitchen very nice nice. Indeed a showroom standard.

I love the colours of the MBR toilet.

How much did you spend on your reno..