Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rendell

Sell Your Hdb Without The Agents

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
diysellhdb.th.jpg

Anyone tried doing it on your own without the agents?

IF you have the time and you know the procedures and checks, you can try.

Otherwise get a agent as it may be too technical for you to qualify your buyers, etc.....

diysellhdb.th.jpg

Anyone tried doing it on your own without the agents?

according to my own experience, its better to get agent to sell yr flat. But no need agent to buy the new flat.

selling yr flat, u need alot of time to entertain incoming phone calls from prospective buyers and other agents. its not easy.

if u have yr own full time job, where got time to answer incoming calls every time? and alot of ppl call u just to ask questions. alot of them are not so serious to come down to see yr flat.

then if u are arranging buyers to come to yr flat, u need to know how to stagger each buyer so that they have their own time. you dun want a few diff groups of buyers to see yr unit at the same time. it will be very confusing.

if u put advertisements for yr flat sale, u can easily get 30 phone calls in one day. alot of them are from agents.....

that's where u get an agent to manage this and pay him the commission for his work.

But if u are buying a resale flat, you dun need an agent. u can take yr time and view all the flats u want.

according to my own experience, its better to get agent to sell yr flat. But no need agent to buy the new flat.

selling yr flat, u need alot of time to entertain incoming phone calls from prospective buyers and other agents. its not easy.

if u have yr own full time job, where got time to answer incoming calls every time? and alot of ppl call u just to ask questions. alot of them are not so serious to come down to see yr flat.

then if u are arranging buyers to come to yr flat, u need to know how to stagger each buyer so that they have their own time. you dun want a few diff groups of buyers to see yr unit at the same time. it will be very confusing.

if u put advertisements for yr flat sale, u can easily get 30 phone calls in one day. alot of them are from agents.....

that's where u get an agent to manage this and pay him the commission for his work.

But if u are buying a resale flat, you dun need an agent. u can take yr time and view all the flats u want.

there is a hdb resale seminar conducted quarterly, teaching u the procedure and things u need to know in buyng & selling resale flat. quite informative. but according to the hdb guy, he ended up going thru agents himself, as the afford and time u put in may not worth it at the end of the day. also, ur choice are limited if u do DIY, cos most agents prefer to deal with agents only in order to earn comm thru co-broke. they do not entertain direct buy/seller....

there is a hdb resale seminar conducted quarterly, teaching u the procedure and things u need to know in buyng & selling resale flat. quite informative. but according to the hdb guy, he ended up going thru agents himself, as the afford and time u put in may not worth it at the end of the day. also, ur choice are limited if u do DIY, cos most agents prefer to deal with agents only in order to earn comm thru co-broke. they do not entertain direct buy/seller....

I think it is just a sale technique to make sure you die die pay commission.

If you are firm and know the procedures ... they cannot smoke you.

I seen agents trying to smoke their way through ... I just keep quiet and smile smile.

yes i support the idea of engaging an agent when selling...unless you are not urgently wanting to sell the house and that you can afford to wait for few months or up to even years..

not forgeting that the time consumed while marketing your house, advertising cost, having to attend non serious buyers' call etc...not really worth especially if you are a working person..your boss may not like it..

yes i support the idea of engaging an agent when selling...unless you are not urgently wanting to sell the house and that you can afford to wait for few months or up to even years..

not forgeting that the time consumed while marketing your house, advertising cost, having to attend non serious buyers' call etc...not really worth especially if you are a working person..your boss may not like it..

Ya, time is usually the main factor that people consider.

My assumption here is , if I have plenty of time :)

I am asking this, because someday (my future goal) , I would like to flip some property... so it would be more profitable that way.

procedures is one thing. Time is another issue u need to consider if u selling without an agent.

anyway, these days u can nego with agents on the commissions.... no more standard 2% right? so, squeeze the agent's commission to 1% or so.

procedures is one thing. Time is another issue u need to consider if u selling without an agent.

anyway, these days u can nego with agents on the commissions.... no more standard 2% right? so, squeeze the agent's commission to 1% or so.

quite difficult to squeeze them, one thing is that the cost of advertising your house and also lesser commission = lesser effort to push to sell your house (consider risky)...furthermore, they don't take the whole 2%, some will go back to their company.

but for buying of house, maybe can squeeze to 0.5% as little effort required and no advertising involved :P

unless if you are facing financial difficulties and they are of the very ethical type..chances of reducing the commission fees is quite slim.

My seller i selling his flat to me, and both of us do not have agents. Just happened that he advertised in the papers and I call him. It's really a luck thing i guess. We'll be going for our 1st appt tom, but so far everything has been smooth. It is not difficult to do the procedures yourself but I think it will be more of a hassle for the seller cos he has to entertain the numerous buyers himself.

We sold our house (4A) and bought an EA both without using agents. To sell, we advertised in ST701 and all the agents and their buyers came knocking. To buy, we sent flyers to the blocks we were interested in and the owner called us to say she was interested in selling.

Currently got 1st appnt date (Oct 09) so waiting (im)patiently. So far everything has gone well.. hopefully it will go smoothly till completion.

if u are well versed, u should go ahead. if not, to save on that few thousands dollars and suffer more in the end is totally not worth it in my opinion.