Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
asugama

Our Home Sweet Home @ Bishan

We did some measurements, and we think that it's actually alright with the current arrangement. But 1 sad news, Jason said that our ceiling is too low (only 2.47m) so cannot do false ceiling :( This is a major blow even before the renovation starts.. we think it's not so nice without false ceiling.... Jason recommended to use L-box instead... but not sure how to design the L-box now..

We suspect that the previous owner did overlay for the living room and kitchen... Haiizz... We can only know after we hack the living and kitchen floor tiles... So, if it's overlay then we can still do the false ceiling... But Asoon has to do double work to hack 2 layers of tiles :P So finger crossed...

Actually Bishan ceiling is much lower compare with other areas. We initially wanted to install the ceiling fans but also cannot meet the minimum height required. :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi asugama, I'm also a bishan dweller.. Similar layout as you and a big beam in the middle of the living room.. It's indeed the characteristics of bishan homes..

Wow.. so fast starting reno.. congrats.. :)

allo allo! i have a beam too and its in my kitchen. -_- have to take that into consideration as my mom does not want to cook under the beam since some smart aleck ID say no good for feng shui, the beam pressing on u but oh well, whatever she is happy with...

that said, i suppose u cant really compare my quote against yrs since yrs is 4rm while mine is 3rm I meaning its the second smallest of the 3 roomers and my quote is alr 23k.. so dont feel too bad and enjoy yr reno!! :D

Ah soon is currently RT's contractor of the month!....Pmed u the contact liao...good luck ;)

Hello, we have also just bot a 5-rm resale in Bishan! 1st appt will be a month later, and we'll prob start reno after 1st appt, as owners have already moved out. Am now scouting for IDs/contractors. Could you pls PM me Ah-soon's contact? If everyone is raving about him, I guess he will be able to work within our budgets, yet create a nice house for us, right? Thanks!

Hello, we have also just bot a 5-rm resale in Bishan! 1st appt will be a month later, and we'll prob start reno after 1st appt, as owners have already moved out. Am now scouting for IDs/contractors. Could you pls PM me Ah-soon's contact? If everyone is raving about him, I guess he will be able to work within our budgets, yet create a nice house for us, right? Thanks!

I have pm'ed you the contact :).

So your new place will be somewhere around street 2X or 1X?

Hi asugama, I'm also a bishan dweller.. Similar layout as you and a big beam in the middle of the living room.. It's indeed the characteristics of bishan homes..

Wow.. so fast starting reno.. congrats.. :)

Thanks thanks..

To add on other significant characteristics : low ceiling until we cannot afford to have false ceiling :(

yeah. the day has come. congrats on starting reno. mus update us on the progress. mine will be one month after urs.

Thanks... are you using Ah Soon also?

allo allo! i have a beam too and its in my kitchen. -_- have to take that into consideration as my mom does not want to cook under the beam since some smart aleck ID say no good for feng shui, the beam pressing on u but oh well, whatever she is happy with...

that said, i suppose u cant really compare my quote against yrs since yrs is 4rm while mine is 3rm I meaning its the second smallest of the 3 roomers and my quote is alr 23k.. so dont feel too bad and enjoy yr reno!! :D

Yeap you are right, most important things we are comfortable with his quotation and end up doing almost everything haha :P but maybe will try to fight for some freebies other than the store room shelves :D

heh heh just done say i tell u one, later he just give me shelves too! :D im sure he will try to throw in some here and there. looking forward to see pics of your new reno!! :D

btw, how much did yr TV cost u?

heh heh just done say i tell u one, later he just give me shelves too! :D im sure he will try to throw in some here and there. looking forward to see pics of your new reno!! :D

btw, how much did yr TV cost u?

we bought our tv at 1299 with 50 NTUC voucher

OMG...Ah Soon and co work fast man!!

I can't wait to contact Ah Soon...SOON! *agonising to wait for FSM's audit*

I have yet to buy any furniture or applicances too~

Post some pics taken this morning...

The hacking just started for more or less 1 hour and all cabinets and wardrobes had been dismantled... Top job good.gif

Asoon & co is really **** fast... Today there're 5 people working... Hope the productivity can be consistent throughout the process...

Edited by asugama

wow pics so blur. dunno why my pics also blur then havent had time to take so i didnt. anyways, that is kinda cheap for 42". is it HD ready or? full HD?

wow pics so blur. dunno why my pics also blur then havent had time to take so i didnt. anyways, that is kinda cheap for 42". is it HD ready or? full HD?

hahaha yeah.. very blur coz taken using my lousy phone camera...

It's full HD 42", nowadays LCD price is very cheap... with a couple of hundreds more you can get 46" Full HD already.. I think they are selling at 1799 for 46" Full HD and 100 dols NTUC voucher....