Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tower

Any Recommendation For Storage Heater?

Hi,

I would like to install a storage heater in my MBR toilet to replace my current instant heater. May I know what are the recommended brands and the estimated installation charges for the heater and hot/cold piping? What is the ideal strage capacity if it is only for one basin and one shower head? Will there be an increase in my current water pressure? For my previous flat, I was using a Rheem 6 Gallon storage heater. It would be good if someone from this forum can give their views and recommendation. Thanks!

Edited by tower

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I would like to install a storage heater in my MBR toilet to replace my current instant heater. May I know what are the recommended brands and the estimated installation charges for the heater and hot/cold piping? What is the ideal strage capacity if it is only for one basin and one shower head? Will there be an increase in my current water pressure? For my previous flat, I was using a Ariston 6 Gallon storage heater. It would be good if someone from this forum can give their views and recommendation. Thanks!

I am also looking around for storage heater and been looking at earlier posts. its seems like there's only 2 contenders here, Ariston and Jovan. Jovan seems to be more popular among the two.

BTW, has anyone used citygas Rinnai instant gas heater with their rainshower? (eg. Hansgrohe raindance?) is the water flow sufficient?

Hi,

I would like to install a storage heater in my MBR toilet to replace my current instant heater. May I know what are the recommended brands and the estimated installation charges for the heater and hot/cold piping? What is the ideal strage capacity if it is only for one basin and one shower head? Will there be an increase in my current water pressure? For my previous flat, I was using a Ariston 6 Gallon storage heater. It would be good if someone from this forum can give their views and recommendation. Thanks!

I am also looking around for storage heater and been looking at earlier posts. its seems like there's only 2 contenders here, Ariston and Jovan. Jovan seems to be more popular among the two.

BTW, has anyone used citygas Rinnai instant gas heater with their rainshower? (eg. Hansgrohe raindance?) is the water flow sufficient?

It's Joven. For the Rinnai type, only those new flats that have PUB piped gas can install. Older HDB flats can't be installed.

Hi,

I would like to install a storage heater in my MBR toilet to replace my current instant heater. May I know what are the recommended brands and the estimated installation charges for the heater and hot/cold piping? What is the ideal strage capacity if it is only for one basin and one shower head? Will there be an increase in my current water pressure? For my previous flat, I was using a Rheem 6 Gallon storage heater. It would be good if someone from this forum can give their views and recommendation. Thanks!

Get Joven.....

Get Joven.....

I noticed they have both horizontal and vertical models. Any idea which is "safer" to install or is it just for practical reasons to fit into the bathroom?

I noticed they have both horizontal and vertical models. Any idea which is "safer" to install or is it just for practical reasons to fit into the bathroom?

its more for space availability.

maybe u can ask your installer or contractor to advise on what type to get

Don't know whether is Ariston or Joven storage heater better? Any feedback from the forumers here? Is the 15 litre one enough in terms of water pressure and heat to supply to basin and shower? My current water pressure in my current unit (mid floor) is much weaker as compared to my previous unit (top floor). Would there be a significant improvement in terms of the water pressure if I switch to a storage heater?

Not sure if this helps...

My mom bought Joven under hard selling by the sales person and her heater's performance is not as good as the one she got from Ariston. Basically her house has 2 different pipings that needs two seperate heaters so she needs to get 2.

Her Ariston warms the water faster and Joven is uch slower...my Dad also complained that the heater does not produce hot water after switching on for like 15 minutes. So he actually turn it on for 30 minutes.

my family had ariston heater before, and it gave alot of problems, like major leakage. My hubby and me bought a joven energy-saving one, but have yet to move in and test it out, so I can't say any good things about it yet. my plumber and contrator did say ariston have alot of problems. but i think at the end of the day, it could also be like aircon, where the quality of installation plays a part as well.

I think rainshowers won't do well with instant heaters, think I read it in one of the renotalk threads....

Have a question regarding vertical vs horizontal storage heater.

Other than one being vertically mounting and the other horizontal and also the space constraint, anyone can advise the pros and cons.

my family had ariston heater before, and it gave alot of problems, like major leakage. My hubby and me bought a joven energy-saving one, but have yet to move in and test it out, so I can't say any good things about it yet. my plumber and contrator did say ariston have alot of problems. but i think at the end of the day, it could also be like aircon, where the quality of installation plays a part as well.

I think rainshowers won't do well with instant heaters, think I read it in one of the renotalk threads....

The cylindrical storage is not so nice looking as compared to the rectangular type (because it is rectangular-ish, it can be installed at a corner more discreetly), especially in a small HDB toilet. Ariston may leak bcos it's "inside" likely rust after years of usage; from my own experience about 5+years. There is another brand "LA" which looks similar to Ariston, but has "inside" made of stainless steel. Used it for more than 10years and still going on strong!

My parents are using Rheem storage heater, quite an unknown brand but its very very good coz we had it for more than 10yrs and still counting it years. :) Not too sure abt the capacity of the storage heater but its quite big coz we have a bath tub at home.

I got Jovan for my new home, hopefully it'll be as good.

I've installed Jovan for my new house too. Not staying in yet. Tried to see how long it will take to have warm water yday. I turn on the tap <5mins after switching on the heater, warm water is available already.

So fingers crossed that it will not problems in future. Though the cylinder doesn't look to glam in the toilet.

I've installed Jovan for my new house too. Not staying in yet. Tried to see how long it will take to have warm water yday. I turn on the tap <5mins after switching on the heater, warm water is available already.

So fingers crossed that it will not problems in future. Though the cylinder doesn't look to glam in the toilet.

yes, i agree that cylinder really makes the toilet look out-of-place, unless it's covered up by false ceiling (like some condo does).

JFYI, may get good price for "LA" from ChongYing... comes in 15L & 30L, if i remember correctly. Definitely value for money. ;)