Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
johnivy

Electrical Quotation Of $9500 Ok?

hi all, i was given a quotation of $9500 for doing my 1200sqft appt electrical stuff, include whole house re-wiring, lighting, power points, switches, etc (concealed). is this resonable? thanks all.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

your wire must be made of GOLD. got to check 16k or 24k? anyway your house a bit very big 1200 sqft? or 120 sqft? if 1200 sqft, then 9k plus should be ok lah.

Edited by ahockz

$9500????? whole houe rewiring.. meaning ripping out all the wires in the ceiling also?? but also not so much what?!

ripping out all the old wiring and run brand new set of wiring for the whole house, including lighting switches, power points, power points, telephone lines, scv points. my place is a 3bedder appt abt 1200sqft..

your wire must be made of GOLD. got to check 16k or 24k? anyway your house a bit very big 1200 sqft? or 120 sqft? if 1200 sqft, then 9k plus should be ok lah.

not really big leh bro.. its a 3bedder appt 1200sqft.. but i got other quotation of abt est $7000 too.. sianz

We convert 1200sqft into metre sq... it is about 111 metres sq. About the size of a 5room flat.......... then $9500 is way way TOO HIGH........... really gold plated wiring is it?

Our re-wiring, plus swtich points... re-route.... about $2k+

I think completely rip out for a 1200 sqft.. at most 5k ba... 9k.. really over the top... but after you rip out then what are you going to use to cover? cornice? false ceiling?

we dont know what you are requesting from your contractor , maybe its running eubig all round the house or some gold plated wire/switch box etc... but i would sugguest like what the other forrumers did, look for more quotes. there are some ridiculous contractor who thinks we look like a big carrot.... i once got quotes from some contractors to renovate my 3 bedroom hdb flat who quote me 48K, 37K and the last few at around 24-27K... so i would recommend you to look around a bit more and find out what each are offering before committing.

oops . . . read wrongly forgot ft & meter. I think i search b4 rewired for whole house about 2-3k max. but got to see your breakdown easier to see if it is ex a not. And also depend on your existing is conceal or not.

One way to cut a lot of costs will be running on wireless instead of wire as they quote a lot for that. last time i ask is about 100++ per point.

we dont know what you are requesting from your contractor , maybe its running eubig all round the house or some gold plated wire/switch box etc... but i would sugguest like what the other forrumers did, look for more quotes. there are some ridiculous contractor who thinks we look like a big carrot.... i once got quotes from some contractors to renovate my 3 bedroom hdb flat who quote me 48K, 37K and the last few at around 24-27K... so i would recommend you to look around a bit more and find out what each are offering before committing.

what is eubig? isit the cover for the wires? yea mine i saw got those rectangular casing cover around the whole house. but my contractor did mention its the est quote. he will rebate me if cost is less.. dunno how true is that.

but looks like mine is really over the top.. haiz :(

what is eubig? isit the cover for the wires? yea mine i saw got those rectangular casing cover around the whole house. but my contractor did mention its the est quote. he will rebate me if cost is less.. dunno how true is that.

but looks like mine is really over the top.. haiz :(

he tell u 9k in the end he rebate u for 1.5k or 2k?? imposible...,.

absolutely u've been chop chop liao :)

and also check what switch he give u? 9k already he only gv u cheapo switch ><

hi all, i was given a quotation of $9500 for doing my 1200sqft appt electrical stuff, include whole house re-wiring, lighting, power points, switches, etc (concealed). is this resonable? thanks all.

Just to share my experience, as i'm currently renovating my resale flat too.

Mine is an EM, should be ard 1571 sqft.

Someone quoted me $3000 for Whole house rewiring, and i already find it EXPENSIVE.

You were quoted $9500.... Wow!!

Can wire up my flat 3 TIMES!!!

For Eubiq, check out www.eubiq.com.

Actually, since the wiring is concealed, maybe the quote is not that expensive since to remove, need to hack and make good. Then if need to run again, also need to hack and conceal. Then if includes setting up lighting points and installation of lights, that is worth another 1-2k.

Hi

quotes for my resale 5-rm of 119sqm is about $3K and i oso find it exp.

Mm... I believe yours should be exposed electrical wires ba... since HDB only recently have some concealed wirings. Exposed and concealed have very big price difference due to the work involved.

I think since the quotes obtained were 9.5k and 7k, it should be around there. But better to get the electrician to see your place and confirm the quote rather than wait for rebates since it is not in the contract.