Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
johnivy

Electrical Quotation Of $9500 Ok?

Hi zonkkie

yes, its exposed wires. My ID told me to conceal the wire is additional $40 charge per point :bangwall: .

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi zonkkie

yes, its exposed wires. My ID told me to conceal the wire is additional $40 charge per point :bangwall: .

anyway, ours is illegal to conceal. Just have to paint the same colours and after 1 month, you don't see it anymore. :P

anyway, ours is illegal to conceal. Just have to paint the same colours and after 1 month, you don't see it anymore. :P

hi zonkkie, ya mine is concealed. saw them hacking the wall and run the wires, then make good. gt another fren told me his was quoted abt 10k to do conceal re-wiring plus misc. my old wires were exposed and were all discarded. so literally all the wiring i my hse nw are new and concealed.

hopefully he will rebate me a token lor.. :bangwall:

johnivy.. yours is private right? so can conceal... mm I really hope he rebates you. But if he tells you there's no leftover you also can't do anything. make sure you get good switches and more of them ba. haiz

ya, hope your contractor is honest. Actually, for concealed wiring, unless you have the electrical plan, very hard to quote.

Some contractors will quote very low, then start work already (i.e hack) then say yours very complicated, need to do extra this and that. So need to top up. If you don't do, also no choice because they hack the wall already.

Some will quote high and say will rebate... but rarely any will do.

ya, hope your contractor is honest. Actually, for concealed wiring, unless you have the electrical plan, very hard to quote.

Some contractors will quote very low, then start work already (i.e hack) then say yours very complicated, need to do extra this and that. So need to top up. If you don't do, also no choice because they hack the wall already.

Some will quote high and say will rebate... but rarely any will do.

hey thanks for tall the info.. will try to haggle the rebate once my place is almost done. anyway, there is a remaining balance which would be paid to him after the project ends past 1 month.

this guy is quite ok.. understand he quote more first to cover himself. if not, quote low liao LL must pay thru his own pocket.

hi all, i was given a quotation of $9500 for doing my 1200sqft appt electrical stuff, include whole house re-wiring, lighting, power points, switches, etc (concealed). is this resonable? thanks all.

hi johnivy, my whole house doing (1991sqft) appt electrical stuff, include whole house re-wiring, lighting, power points, switches, etc (concealed). Is not even more than $6K lor...so I thinks it very expensive.

If u want, I can even post pics of the lighting in n u can see for yourself. Using MK switches somemore.

hi johnivy, my whole house doing (1991sqft) appt electrical stuff, include whole house re-wiring, lighting, power points, switches, etc (concealed). Is not even more than $6K lor...so I thinks it very expensive.

If u want, I can even post pics of the lighting in n u can see for yourself. Using MK switches somemore.

hi jaskel.. thanks for the info. looks like i must really haggle with him to lower the quotation. will appreciate if you can show me some pics.

btw, i was told mk switches are soso only le, one of the cheapest. dunno how true. i wanted to use clipsal but i think its way off in pricing. so ended up using legrand series. was told its the mid range series.

hi jaskel.. thanks for the info. looks like i must really haggle with him to lower the quotation. will appreciate if you can show me some pics.

btw, i was told mk switches are soso only le, one of the cheapest. dunno how true. i wanted to use clipsal but i think its way off in pricing. so ended up using legrand series. was told its the mid range series.

Ok johnivy, will go to my new house to take some photos tomorrow morning and evening time. Most of the photos I had now are more on the outlook rather than the points itself. Some I'm using LED lights.

hi all, i was given a quotation of $9500 for doing my 1200sqft appt electrical stuff, include whole house re-wiring, lighting, power points, switches, etc (concealed). is this resonable? thanks all.

Very high price. I just finished my electric wiring @ my place and it cost just a faction of that amount. (via a contractor)

mine is a semi.d, all conceal and I rewire quite a far bit somemore.

my advise, just go for a contractor. Cheaper and get ur main ID to liaise with them

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: must b kana chop n chop....