Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

Eh Bro if i'm the one using i will use option 1

Oh btw i will be getting a timer switch intro by 1 of the forummer for my heater so that it will auto off the heater just in case i forget :P

hey AJ, i'll go with option 1 like kopi.

we've been using the storage heater thingy since we moved in - for 2 pp, a 30-L tank is definitely enuff, and with loads to spare. even if we switch the heater off after the 1st person is done showering, it can provide enuff hot water for the next.

even if the heater was switched on in the morn, the water is still hot in the evening.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey Adrian, I am using a 25l Joven water heater. I only need to switch it on for 5 and then turn it off before I bathe. The hot water can last my wife & I two good warm baths. I don't usually like bathing in hot water, so mildly warm is good enough. :)

Looking forward to more photos of ur home~

Not sure if your storage water heater has a temperature setting [from OFF to High]. The setting does help to minimise electrical consumption. For Joven, it is recommended that when the hot water consumption is not in large volume, set the setting to 'Medium'.

I was also told by my electrician, for such storage heater, leaving the switch on save electricity. Hehe, coming from an old school, I still prefer your option 1.

Yea man, always option 1 for me. Even if heater have to consume energy to boil up whole tank of water again, IMO it's better than leaving it on where it consumes energy by having to monitor the temp.. :)

Heya All,

Am back after a rather hectic 1 week; finally settled 2nd appointment of my previous flat last Monday (in an unfortunately 'dramatic' way - to be shared in another thread); and was away and bogged down with work. The house is still quite messy so haven't had the time to take more pics and move some of the unpacked stuff (down to 1 box and 2 bags - yay!), but hope to do so this week once the sofa arrives and perhaps my dining chairs too; then my Living/Dining will be 95% complete.

Firstly, a big thanks to Kopi, Dyleen, Beany, Silverbullet, Reiki and BD for your feedback and sharing on the use of the storage heater. I've been using it the Option 1 way as well, but I realised that the hot water in the AM runs out pretty quick despite it being switched on in the morning. From observation and monitoring, I reckon its attributed to the fact that my wife uses alot of hot water followed by me and then so by 10am when it's the kids' turn to shower, most of the hot water is gone. If I shower before my wife, I realise there's still enough warm water for me from the previous night. So, at least I'm assured its not something wrong with the heater when the water runs out fast.

I'm still curious if people do use the Option 2 way though....

pal, u shd learn from me. put a link abt ur invisible grilles :D

n hor i wait for ur blinds pics v long le lei.... zz

Sorry ar... Really had a hectic week! Yes, I shall learn to create more links like your page. Ahahahaha! :)

The blind pics, I try lah, to take this week. My Washer and Dryer are now active and I actually discovered from being at home through the morning that the airwell actually gets direct sunlight from about 11am to about 1245pm! So now we can dry it there. Was abit miffed the maid didn't take the initiative to point it out cos' she's usually quite conscientious about such things... So now at least (thank God!) I can minimise the hanging of laundry at my balcony although the laundry system there will serve as a good back-up lah. :) If you around my area, just pop by la ... :)

The Drama of our 2nd Appointment at HDB

As most of you would know, the 2nd Appointment actually is quite a fast process.

You show up at the appointed time with all the relevant documents (whether you've paid your previous Town Council Fees, Taxes, Radio Licenses, outstanding installments etc.); The Officer checks and gets you to sign some documents; Seller passes keys to Buyer. The transaction is complete and Buyer is now new offcial leasee of the flat. All usually within half an hour or in some cases even shorter.

However for us, this time we got treated to a somewhat different experience all thanks to a major screw up by the law firm acting for us for the Redemption of our housing loan (For the first house we had taken a bank loan). A representative from the firm is expected to show up at the 2nd Appointment and hand HDB some documents for the completion to be finalised.

Our appointment time was 330pm. All parties (Including my buyer and his buyer - due to contra) were present early, and transaction went on smoothly for my Buyer's end. However, when it came to our turn, we waited for about 30 minutes and the law firm rep still did not show up. We called the law firm to ask whether the rep was delayed at about 415pm and they told us they'd check. Didn't bother to call us back after 10 minutes so we called to check, we were told the rep was on the way. By 5pm, rep did not show up and we called again. We were ding-dong-ed and transferred and put on hold on many occasions for more than an hour, and when we got to speak to someone regarding the task, we were being smoked again and againthat the rep was on the way. By this time I was already very impatient and pissed off and I told the firm that we've been hearing of their rep being 'on the way' for quite a long time now and since the person is nowhere inside we can't fathom why it'd take so long for someone to come down from Shenton Way to Toa Payoh; and by cab somemore!

Finally, when the staff still hadn't showed up at almost 6pm - HDB was already locked up and we were like the last few souls there - I lost my patience and lashed out at them with the 'hair dryer' treatment about their poor service before they finally admitted they screwed up as the person who was in charge of this went on leave and didn't inform anybody of today's appointment. I really gave it to them for not just telling us upfront in the beginning and instead causing us embarassment, inconvenience, loss of time and anxiety. They only managed to send someone down at about 6-ish and the HDB officer, cashier and our buyer had to wait until someone from their firm showed up.

I have reiterated to them that we are totally unhappy with their service and we're now in the process of getting a refund as well negotiating for a fruit basket to be sent to my buyer as a gesture of good will and apology. Awaiting their reply, which has been promised to be by tomorrow. It really ruined our day and took up our precious leave time where we had planned to run other office hour errands. Really big thumbs down to the unprofessionalism of this firm. Fortunately, our buyer was a nice, reasonable and understanding fella as well.

Anyhow, amidst the misfortune of the cock-up, we bid good-bye to our first home; which has been our haven for the last 5+ years and also the home where the joy of kids came to life for us. We'll miss and always remember all the happiness and joy there; and all the convenience the home has given us - Never mind the jams and full car parks, some inconsiderate and weird neighbours and idiotic vandals. :)

oldplace.jpg

Edited by adrian_john

Yo bro wah long time nvr heard from you leh

so enjoying staying in your new crib ? hahahahaha

Kopi..so far so good lah. Still not 100% ready yet.

After unpacking and settling in, we realised we need some additional storage for the kitchen (Eh, oh ya hor, you supposed to sponsor right? Along with BD and Ivy's requirements.. Kekekeke! :P ) and we're still organsing the storage of some items in the rooms and waiting for our Living furniture to arrive.

Finally! so so dramatic entrance. haha... hope they will refund u :D

n u also so corny lei!! bye bye old flat... like channel 8 serials wahaha...

btw can i know the blinds they charge u psf how much?

Kopi..so far so good lah. Still not 100% ready yet.

After unpacking and settling in, we realised we need some additional storage for the kitchen (Eh, oh ya hor, you supposed to sponsor right? Along with BD and Ivy's requirements.. Kekekeke! :P ) and we're still organsing the storage of some items in the rooms and waiting for our Living furniture to arrive.

eh ?? :o :o

I'm not hearing this i'm not hearing this onion59.gif

Finally! so so dramatic entrance. haha... hope they will refund u :D

n u also so corny lei!! bye bye old flat... like channel 8 serials wahaha...

btw can i know the blinds they charge u psf how much?

Wah seh, what Channel 8 serials siah .... I very sentimental person lah. I get very attached to things that have a meaning for me, which is why its hard for me to let go of stuff. Have replied you on the blinds via mobile liao. :)