Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Smallboy

Help With Ceiling Fan

Hi,

I've a 5rm hdb unit with a unique beam that caused the ceiling to be low (See Pic).

2008_0804NewHouse0016.jpg

My contractor has suggested to put up a false ceiling to flush with the beam. With this my ceiling is about 2.4m high.

Is it still possible to install a ceiling fan on the false ceiling? I'm looking at buying the fanco fan FFM3000 with 330mm depth.

I read somewhere that installing a ceiling fan on false ceiling is unsafe? Any person has done that?

Thanks for your advice.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I've a 5rm hdb unit with a unique beam that caused the ceiling to be low (See Pic).

My contractor has suggested to put up a false ceiling to flush with the beam. With this my ceiling is about 2.4m high.

Is it still possible to install a ceiling fan on the false ceiling? I'm looking at buying the fanco fan FFM3000 with 330mm depth.

I read somewhere that installing a ceiling fan on false ceiling is unsafe? Any person has done that?

Thanks for your advice.

Hi, it is not advisable to install a ceilin on false ceiling as the false ceilng will crack in the long run.

Hi, it is not advisable to install a ceilin on false ceiling as the false ceilng will crack in the long run.

I am also looking into installing a ceiling fan. My contractor said that it is doable, but they need to do some reinforcement to the false ceiling. Maybe you shld check with your contractor.

I'm looking to buy ceiling fans for my mum's room and my walk in wardrobe..anyone any suggestion which brand is good, any websites to share? Budget is about $200 to $300 per ceiling fan.

Thanks in advance!

We consulted the contractor and also the one selling fans.... .decided to take Henry advice to put on actual ceiling and not on false ceiling. I dont want future problems. Even now, if can put on false ceiling........ dont know what will happen in 10 years time. Dont want major reno problem.

Think we will switch to L-Box and do a fan in the middle part. :)

Stagger, we just bought our fans from Royal Fanco, 135 Jalan Besar Road. Look for Henry (62990453).

He is super patient and cares to explains everything to me.

In fact, we bought our WC, basins, taps... heater bathroom accessories from him too.

I will load pics tomorrow when they deliver to my new house (for installation).

I'm looking to buy ceiling fans for my mum's room and my walk in wardrobe..anyone any suggestion which brand is good, any websites to share? Budget is about $200 to $300 per ceiling fan.

Thanks in advance!

i sincerely recommend Crestar...follow by FANCO. i installed Crestar in my living room...and FANCO in my study room last week. the crestar has more wind. but price is on the high side.

forget abt Amasco. unless u want more trouble.

i sincerely recommend Crestar...follow by FANCO. i installed Crestar in my living room...and FANCO in my study room last week. the crestar has more wind. but price is on the high side.

Yap.. that's what the guy said too... buy Crestar but more expensive............

We said we got budget... the next best buy is Fanco fans....

Yap.. that's what the guy said too... buy Crestar but more expensive............

We said we got budget... the next best buy is Fanco fans....

Fanco is not bad.. using the model: FF9 close to 5 months liao... for us, we usually on the medium speed.. the low speed not useful while high is too high, newspapers starts flying.. maybe we have lower than norm ceiling bah :P

We consulted the contractor and also the one selling fans.... .decided to take Henry advice to put on actual ceiling and not on false ceiling. I dont want future problems. Even now, if can put on false ceiling........ dont know what will happen in 10 years time. Dont want major reno problem.

Think we will switch to L-Box and do a fan in the middle part. :)

Stagger, we just bought our fans from Royal Fanco, 135 Jalan Besar Road. Look for Henry (62990453).

He is super patient and cares to explains everything to me.

In fact, we bought our WC, basins, taps... heater bathroom accessories from him too.

I will load pics tomorrow when they deliver to my new house (for installation).

Great Smallboy, thanks.

I'm actually looking for WC, basins, mixers and all other toilet accessories too...I'll look for him.

Thanks Evil, how much is the difference?

I actually wanted FANCO but if Crestar is better and has more wind, I don't mind paying more...anyway Singapore weather is getting hotter each day..

never ever installed fan on false ceiling, it will not hold. It is just a matter of time before it give way and the flying blade is going to hurt someone. :(:( . Mount it on solid ceiling or beam and drop it down to the correct height.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

Hi Spoilt babe, I saw the website..do these crestar fan comes with lights?

I don't seem to spot where they could have the lights on..

Crestar can add lights. :)

I saw a shop selling Crestar 54" acrylic blades for $200. PM me for the contact if you think it is a good deal.