Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

MBR3.JPG

hmmmm your mbr is divided into two parts right?

- sleeping area & dressup area

Doesnt that make the sleeping area windowless and dark w/o lights?

your sleeping area will be quite limited too. we have the same floor plan =)

KitchenCabinet.JPG

my kitchen is semi open concept from the front view AND has the same length....=( v limited workspace

Edited by XiaoBinBin

guy77, I also like the broken marble flooring... So not changing the flooring.. leaving it as it is... :)

xiaobinbin, Same layout! So maybe we can share more on how to overcome the various obstacles in the house... The MBR is indeed a bit small.. Yes, it's separated into two parts by a wooden door... the MBR layout is very hard to do.. Wardrobe put anywhere also seem weird.. So I have to just follow the old owner and redo the wardrobe at the same place.. As for the light issue, I dun need lights to sleep, so it's ok.. hee.. Mine is NS facing, so hopefully ventilation is not too big a problem... Anyway, I'm getting sys 4 and should solve ventilation problem if there is...

Actually, the kitchen has a lot of cupboards.. In fact I find it excessive... There's two more cabinets besides this main one that smartie showed... Indeed very little workspace.. but the fortunate thing is that I dun really cook now... haha.. And by the way, there's another existing breakfast table to put things.. Maybe Smartie can post more photos for you to see...

Rune, thanks.. Quite a decent condition.. though I'm still very envious of those who can redo the whole house.. becos everything is NEW...

haha so what DO you intend to do? :)

1) Feature wall cum console in living room

2) MBR wardrobe revamp

3) seatie cum cupboard in bedroom 2

4) 2 toilets revamp

5) Hacking of partition wall in bedroom 3

6) Usual painting and polishing of the marble..

Minor reno lah :)

booy, i understand what u mean when u have a bad condition house, u can build one that u like...if everything in good condition seems so wasted to hack...

When we visited the house for the 1st time, the agent told us 40+K COV before we stepped into the house... I was like almost fainting then... The owners are very clean, so the house was therefore very well maintained.. In fact, their house just had a new coat of paint last year.. And the curtains were also made last year manz... So it was a great news when they accepted our offer of 23K in the end...

Our parents keep saying there's nothing to do as well... haha...

I find the toilets too hard to maintain.. I'm a lazy person who have hardly done any household work... And smartie also sama sama.. And I also dun like the small partition in bedroom 3.. Used to be for maid.. But I got no money to engage maid now.. :D... And I want my die die must have seatie cum cupboard in bedroom 2.. So still will do a bit of reno... In fact, I was quite sad for a while after buying the house becos I dun have much room to do up our house...

So I cannot bring myself to just bring luggage to move in... LOL... Thanks for all the suggestion though...

i think we may be having the same idea afterall! Wardrobe+dresser room in Bedroom2. :)

We have the exact same layout, mine is a mirror image of urs thou.

Toilets are very personal, chge it if u dun like! :thumbs up:

booy, i understand what u mean when u have a bad condition house, u can build one that u like...if everything in good condition seems so wasted to hack...

Yup.. Exactly.. Actually the kitchen is not my ideal design.. But it's really in a pretty good condition to hack... So I shall live with it...

i think we may be having the same idea afterall! Wardrobe+dresser room in Bedroom2. :)

We have the exact same layout, mine is a mirror image of urs thou.

Toilets are very personal, chge it if u dun like! :thumbs up:

Think all of us with this layout doesn't have too much choices.. But the wardrobe won't be big.. So I think I need to spill over my clothes to the other bedroom as well...

The inital 40k cov for you is a little too high i must say. Glad you managed to settle for lower cov.

Hmmm for the same floor plan...I bought it below valuation though.

The previous owners do not like any build in and aircon too -.-"

Kitchen has limited workspace so im very tempted to change it to L-Shape.

Cupboards are useful but u have to find some place to buy your drinking supply etc.

You have nice broken marble flooring...my HTB would have love it too :P

same sentiments, the MBR toilet looks really nice.. sayang to hack.

i paid 22k COV and have to redo the whole place cos there isn't much things left over by first owner and whatever is there are pretty passe...

1) Feature wall cum console in living room

2) MBR wardrobe revamp

3) seatie cum cupboard in bedroom 2

4) 2 toilets revamp

5) Hacking of partition wall in bedroom 3

6) Usual painting and polishing of the marble..

Minor reno lah :)

mm yes yes quite minor. budget about 10k? I guess it's always important to do what you like...

The inital 40k cov for you is a little too high i must say. Glad you managed to settle for lower cov.

Hmmm for the same floor plan...I bought it below valuation though.

The previous owners do not like any build in and aircon too -.-"

Kitchen has limited workspace so im very tempted to change it to L-Shape.

Cupboards are useful but u have to find some place to buy your drinking supply etc.

You have nice broken marble flooring...my HTB would have love it too :P

PM'ed you... I paid a higher COV probably becos of the good condition bah... The kitchen is quite small, can fit in L-shape? I still haven't get Ah Soon, will convey the msg...