Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

wardrobes slanted? hmm...this surely must rectify!

Take a picture and show us ba...

Oh you better check again if really wardrobe slant or not. At frist we also thought our wardrobe slant and than I check again than found out that the carpentry have install the hinge and nicely close.. So it could be the wall slant/floor not even.

Our living room one of the wall is slant when we wanted to do the tv feature wall... so we come with no choice uncle say best way is plaster the wall a bit to look like its stright and cannot plaster too much too :)

Called Ah Wei today and he said that the door frame is slanted, not the wardrobe.. Therefore, when I compare the door frame and wardrobe, the lines are not running in parallel.. he said he will try to see if there is any way to reduce this.. I didn't take photo.. Perhaps, take more photos tomorrow when I visit again..

great progress and i am loving your floor! :) cant wait to see the furnished look! :)

Furniture is coming next Sat (27/6).. I'm looking forward to it as well..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally found some time to upload photos of our new lights.

Our toilet light

IMG_1467.JPG

Tube light at the back of the kitchen

IMG_1482.JPG

Room light with warm white lighting for common room. Same one for the other room aka study but will be using white lighting instead.

IMG_1473.JPG

And lastly the master bedroom with 2 bedside lamps and our favourite ceiling light :)

IMG_1466.JPG

Closeup

IMG_1462.JPG

Called Ah Wei today and he said that the door frame is slanted, not the wardrobe.. Therefore, when I compare the door frame and wardrobe, the lines are not running in parallel.. he said he will try to see if there is any way to reduce this.. I didn't take photo..

Yeah, the thing about some HDB flats, there's always slanted door frames and also walls, which cause the furniture to look uneven.

My old place also has this problem of slanted door frames, and it affected the false ceiling in between the 2 rooms. I think some plastering can minimise it or sometimes they also use gypsum board to try to even out as much as possible.

Finally found some time to upload photos of our new lights.

Our toilet light

IMG_1467.JPG

Tube light at the back of the kitchen

IMG_1482.JPG

Room light with warm white lighting for common room. Same one for the other room aka study but will be using white lighting instead.

IMG_1473.JPG

And lastly the master bedroom with 2 bedside lamps and our favourite ceiling light :)

IMG_1466.JPG

Closeup

IMG_1462.JPG

I LOVEEEe bliNk BlinK lights!!!!!! NICE!! :D

Finally I see the lights' photos..

Thanks all.. I love this MBR light too.. But its price is equivalent to almost all the other lights added up.. :P

IMG_1473.JPG

smartie, this light colour is what temperature/color code ah? I'm guessing 4000k but i may be off lah. Think i'll aim for this color light for my whole house =p

smartie, this light colour is what temperature/color code ah? I'm guessing 4000k but i may be off lah. Think i'll aim for this color light for my whole house =p

Colour code 830. Colour temperature is 3000K. If you are looking for 4000k, then go for colour code 840 (cool white). Actually, it's hard to capture the correct colour in the photo due to the camera's auto white balance, so best to go to light shop and ask them to show u :)

Edited by smartie

After two days of waiting, no carpentry has been done.. haiz.. Today, I started my qns of my HO.. Planned to be 20-Jun which is tomorrow.. But looks like it's tough..

Now shifted to 24-Jun based on Uncle Soon's reply.. Really hope that this can be realised.. :(

After two days of waiting, no carpentry has been done.. haiz.. Today, I started my qns of my HO.. Planned to be 20-Jun which is tomorrow.. But looks like it's tough..

Now shifted to 24-Jun based on Uncle Soon's reply.. Really hope that this can be realised.. :(

only left carpentry? if that's the case, still got chanceof handover on 24... :)

only left carpentry? if that's the case, still got chanceof handover on 24... :)

Still have some rectification works.. Esp our toilets with the tiles issues.. Doors, ven fan and shower screen are also not installed.. And some small little things here and there..

Now I just hope that big items like the carpentry and toilets can be settled fast fast..

Colour code 830. Colour temperature is 3000K. If you are looking for 4000k, then go for colour code 840 (cool white). Actually, it's hard to capture the correct colour in the photo due to the camera's auto white balance, so best to go to light shop and ask them to show u :)

Actually i'm thinking 835. Slightly better for skin tone then 840. Thanks for the advice!

Btw, i lost track, who is your carpenter ah smartie/booy?

Edited by stormcontrol