Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

Condos: Buy Now Or Wait?

Anyone can share about cote de azur, esta, seaview or oceanfront at Sentosa? How are these projects and what kind of price can it go further?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

seems that many are buying NOW!! especially so in the last 2 months since the last post in this thread.

is it a substainable :paint: as what those buyers are trying to tell us?

for me, i'll wait cos somehow i feel that the prices will come down by year end.

seems that many are buying NOW!! especially so in the last 2 months since the last post in this thread.

for me, i'll wait cos somehow i feel that the prices will come down by year end.

Dont wait and let the ship sail off. the prices of property will not be the same in 2002-2005 already. prices for mass market are priced at min $600+/sqft onwards. You will not see any more less than the $500+. maybe for mid-tier to high end private property may have room to come down... this is just my views.

Agree with you. I will wait unless I can find something that I really like.

;)

i am always amazed by the herd mentality of singaporean, ppl dun buy they dun buy but when ppl start buying, they all start chioning in.

if the market is not experienceing a V shape recovery, all properties could start tumbling down like 'House of cards'

Seriously, I think there's a few reasons for this sudden rush. One of the reasons is that agents are using better tactics and strategies to engage and secure buyers before the Pre-Launch even. That gives the impression that it's hot and thus more people rush in, making it really hot.

And others follow.... and more follow.... but how many more?

I saw a few buyers where they just buy without even knowing much of what they bought. They wanted to invest and sell off in a few years or rent it out. So they don't really care about the facing, the level, layout etc.

If the rental market continues to be bad, it would be difficult for these buyers to rent out as their units are not the most ideal. They have to find buyers too.

Will the prices come crashing down then? Who knows?

i am always amazed by the herd mentality of singaporean, ppl dun buy they dun buy but when ppl start buying, they all start chioning in.

if the market is not experienceing a V shape recovery, all properties could start tumbling down like 'House of cards'

Seriously, I think there's a few reasons for this sudden rush. One of the reasons is that agents are using better tactics and strategies to engage and secure buyers before the Pre-Launch even. That gives the impression that it's hot and thus more people rush in, making it really hot.

And others follow.... and more follow.... but how many more?

I saw a few buyers where they just buy without even knowing much of what they bought. They wanted to invest and sell off in a few years or rent it out. So they don't really care about the facing, the level, layout etc.

If the rental market continues to be bad, it would be difficult for these buyers to rent out as their units are not the most ideal. They have to find buyers too.

Will the prices come crashing down then? Who knows?

I guess just as the newspapers have written, all these could be caused by the pent up demand from buyers/investors who have cash on hand. They had previously missed the opportunity back in 2006- 2007 boom. So now they are back with a vengeance. Just grab whatever is out there first then see how. Plus buyers tend to link the property market to the stock market. With STI now breaking above 2,500 pts, I suppose everyone sees it as a V shape recovery and rush in.

I guess just as the newspapers have written, all these could be caused by the pent up demand from buyers/investors who have cash on hand. They had previously missed the opportunity back in 2006- 2007 boom. So now they are back with a vengeance. Just grab whatever is out there first then see how. Plus buyers tend to link the property market to the stock market. With STI now breaking above 2,500 pts, I suppose everyone sees it as a V shape recovery and rush in.

All driven by sentiment. Basically our government is not doing enough to damp the speculation. Genuine 1st time buyers and upgraded find it more diffcult to buy if speculation continues its momentum. This also prompt many buyers these days to grab a unit and think later. Govt is smart as property market is the only way to attract foreign $$ to come in for investment. Developers know local market will be saturated very soon and start venturing China and india real estates.

Properties are hardly affected by inflation and price will continue to climb. If i got $$, i will also buy one for investment, esp FH so that I pass down to generations else my great-great grand children will have a hard time to buy a house next time

haha....... got money why buy house for grand children or great grand children........ you think they will appreciate meh?

think they wun even know who you are in the first place.....

haha....... got $$ i spend first......... dun bother for the next generation........ finish your kids' education and thats it....... dun expect much....... =P

i will be grateful if they still remember me.......... hahahahaha

Govt should really do something!!!

All driven by sentiment. Basically our government is not doing enough to damp the speculation. Genuine 1st time buyers and upgraded find it more diffcult to buy if speculation continues its momentum. This also prompt many buyers these days to grab a unit and think later. Govt is smart as property market is the only way to attract foreign $$ to come in for investment. Developers know local market will be saturated very soon and start venturing China and india real estates.

Properties are hardly affected by inflation and price will continue to climb. If i got $$, i will also buy one for investment, esp FH so that I pass down to generations else my great-great grand children will have a hard time to buy a house next time

Please see this. It's crazy!!! 62 year old woman is thinking of buying it to rent out?

A LATE NIGHT PROPERTY BALLOT ... IS THIS A SIGN OF THE TIMES?

> -------------------------------------------------------------

> The showflat was only due to open today.

>

> But on Monday, some, mostly property agents, were already lining up for units at the Optima condominium at Tanah Merah. They went home after developer TID made it clear the queue would not be recognised.

>

> However, this did not stop hundreds from turning up early yesterday - leading to a massive queue and the occasional ugly spat over queue-jumping. The result? TID decided, at about 8pm, to open the showflat doors and, unusually, kick off open balloting.

>

> The process began after 11pm last night and carried on well into the wee hours of the morning. Successful applicants paid the 5-per-cent deposit on the spot.

>

> This came just a day after National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan had warned the Government would take action should property market speculation get excessive. Yet, it was apparent many aiming for a unit at the 99-year leasehold project yesterday were buying for investment.>

>

For instance, a 62-year-old woman, who beat six other bids to snag a unit, told Today she was likely to rent it out.

>

> Other buyers and property agents also said they or their clients were looking at a good investment, as the development was near the Changi Business Park, next to an MRT station, likely near the future fourth university, and was affordable - prices averaged $790 per square foot.

>

> In all, 120 units were allocated yesterday, including some in the morning at a preview for staff and guests. Today understands that another 100 will be released today.

>

> Asked why TID - a tie-up between Japan's Mitsui Fudosan and Hong Leong Group - did not simply stick to the original launch today, Mr Gerry de Silva, spokesman for Hong Leong, said the big crowd was a factor, as was feedback from agents that they had "very interested" buyers with cheques ready.

>

> "If we stick to our word, it may be good, but is it practical?" he told Today.

>

> And the balloting, he said, was to "differentiate the genuine buyers" from the browsers. TID had earlier been pondering alternatives to the first-come-first-served system, he added. Neo Chai Chin

>

>

may be the old lady cash rich, can pay all.

Base on her age, don't think any bank can lent her any loan.

Hope that she make a correct decision. And the money spent is not all what she had.

Or else , another L brother example

Given this report, I think govt will intervene soon. They might be thinking of what to do now.

:paint:

may be the old lady cash rich, can pay all.

Base on her age, don't think any bank can lent her any loan.

Hope that she make a correct decision. And the money spent is not all what she had.

Or else , another L brother example

Given this report, I think govt will intervene soon. They might be thinking of what to do now.

:paint:

I believe so but only when.

They take away defer payment. Bank and developer come out a IAS (or ISA).

Now the property is pulling the HDB price so high.

DBSS 5 rm market @ 700k and still claim is affordable :rolleyes:

How much can the private property lower?

Currently, Pungol Residences selling at

Flat Type Floor Area Range (sqm) Internal Floor Area Range (sqm) No of Units Indicative Price Range

4-Room 92 - 97 91 - 96 615 $264,000 - $322,000

5-Room 116 114 154 $344,000 - $409,000

HDb even come out a afforable table

Flat Type Typical Selling Price Applicants’ Median Household Income Eligible Additional Housing Grant Monthly Instalment for 30-year Loan Instalment to income Ratio

4-Room $295,000 $4,100 $10,000 $1,063 26%

5-Room $375,000 $5,100 $0 $1,351 26%

Even direct HDB also need min 1k for mthly installment for 30 yrs loan. :bangwall:

It's really ridiculous lor. Even more difficult for young couples to get married and have kids!

Just cannot afford. ;)

I believe so but only when.

They take away defer payment. Bank and developer come out a IAS (or ISA).

Now the property is pulling the HDB price so high.

DBSS 5 rm market @ 700k and still claim is affordable :rolleyes:

How much can the private property lower?

Currently, Pungol Residences selling at

Flat Type Floor Area Range (sqm) Internal Floor Area Range (sqm) No of Units Indicative Price Range

4-Room 92 - 97 91 - 96 615 $264,000 - $322,000

5-Room 116 114 154 $344,000 - $409,000

HDb even come out a afforable table

Flat Type Typical Selling Price Applicants’ Median Household Income Eligible Additional Housing Grant Monthly Instalment for 30-year Loan Instalment to income Ratio

4-Room $295,000 $4,100 $10,000 $1,063 26%

5-Room $375,000 $5,100 $0 $1,351 26%

Even direct HDB also need min 1k for mthly installment for 30 yrs loan. :bangwall: