Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

Condos: Buy Now Or Wait?

thanks dude, i heard that the financing for this area is only up to 70% and i don't think i will consider it further due to the location. thanks

May be worth to wait for a while, but, developers, are very unlikely to reduce price because now the "sentiment" is "good", though the stock mkt is temporary "soft". If you're really keen & got money, aim yr targets (location, $psf, FH/99/999, TOP, etc) go to those VVIP launches, you will get big saving(3-5% at least). Try register yourself on-line as keen buyer, at various developers' webs. You will receive info on these VVIP launches.

I have been to a few VVIP launches, ALL agents there are "very one kind", you can sense(see) the eyes/mouth got the $$ stamps, so be "mental prepared" if you were just there to "look see look see".

Edited by bepgof

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bepgof,

Do u had a feeling that some agent trying to find out which type of car you are driving?

May be worth to wait for a while, but, developers, are very unlikely to reduce price because now the "sentiment" is "good", though the stock mkt is temporary "soft". If you're really keen & got money, aim yr targets (location, $psf, FH/99/999, TOP, etc) go to those VVIP launches, you will get big saving(3-5% at least). Try register yourself on-line as keen buyer, at various developers' webs. You will receive info on these VVIP launches.

I have been to a few VVIP launches, ALL agents there are "very one kind", you can sense(see) the eyes/mouth got the $$ stamps, so be "mental prepared" if you were just there to "look see look see".

i have never bother how others look at me, as i do look younger then my age. even credit card promoter don't bother to approach me. haha... hey, how do i register myself for vvip launch? do i need to register for several developers or there's a sort of one stop station?

i guess its norm to be "judged" on the external (cars, attire, watches etc) haha...but the key for me is never look down on anyone...i guess the salespple shd more or less have heard the urban legend of an uncle in slippers in C&C and ended up buying the most exp S class paying in cold hard cash..

*quote i dun know if this is real haha!

bepgof,

Do u had a feeling that some agent trying to find out which type of car you are driving?

Yes, they do. It's alright they're exercising judgement based on certain norms. The question is I prefer to wear short with slipper (those evening lauch) for casual occasions like this, and looked like "a poor old man". I like to wear "care-free" style when not in business. The Waterfront Gold is calling me , agencies & developer have closed door meeting last Thursday.

In Singapore, most influential figures like to drive cars with White, Black & Silve colors, as I have noticed. Can tell this at private clubs. I've met quite many real professional Accountants who drive old and "cheap" cars, anyone can explain this?.

Edited by bepgof

i have never bother how others look at me, as i do look younger then my age. even credit card promoter don't bother to approach me. haha... hey, how do i register myself for vvip launch? do i need to register for several developers or there's a sort of one stop station?

Where got one-stop registration, must "promote" yourself. Registration come with price-some agents start calling you on & off, be prepared.

Edited by bepgof

Yes, they do. It's alright they're exercising judgement based on certain norms. The question is I prefer to wear short with slipper (those evening lauch) for casual occasions like this, and looked like "a poor old man". I like to wear "care-free" style when not in business. The Waterfront Gold is calling me , agencies & developer have closed door meeting last Thursday.

In Singapore, most influential figures like to drive cars with White, Black & Silve colors, as I have noticed. Can tell this at private clubs. I've met quite many real professional Accountants who drive old and "cheap" cars, anyone can explain this?.

yea... i have many banker fren that don't drive

Edited by estella83

Where got one-stop registration, must "promote" yourself. Registration come with price-some agents start calling you on & off, be prepared.

nah, i won't have this kind of problem. probably they will stop calling me once they hear my voice. haha

So good! U no need to splurge on expensive, anti-aging SKII creams lol.

I'm agent, so if you want to view new launches, let me know?

Don't worry, I won't see what car u drive or see whether u use SKII.

Just let me know if there's something u're interested in and I'll give u my frank opinion. U can then decide if u want to register.

I'm agent, so if you want to view new launches, let me know?

Don't worry, I won't see what car u drive or see whether u use SKII.

Just let me know if there's something u're interested in and I'll give u my frank opinion. U can then decide if u want to register.

Read an article by UOBKayHian recently on "home affordability" in Singapore , HK & China. "proportion of income used for mortgage payment" & "house price-to- income ratio" are factors used for comparision.

- Interestingly, house price-to-income ration for HDB resale is only 3.8 = meaning if a couple work for 3.8 years (aggregate earn $4160 per month) & if "save" all the income during this 3.8 years, they fully own the house(90sqm)!

- Work for 6.9 yr (each earn $5,666) then fully own a condo(120sqm)!

- No wonder our minister said our homes still very "affordable".

- Indirectly, there are "rooms" for price to go up, as compared to HK & some cities in mainland, agree?

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3206/pr...eaffordibil.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3206/prop...eaffordibil.jpg

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3206/pr...eaffordibil.jpg

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/3206/pr...eaffordibil.jpg

Edited by bepgof

The computations are simplistic comparisons used to compare between the cities. Assumes that each couple fully contributes household income to mortgage payment and does not take into account financing costs.

:o

But I note the intention of the article.

Based on that analysis, Singapore property does look attractive and hence, there is room to grow. Question is, will property prices continue to rise, and how long would it take to rise above 2007 level and beyond? Nobody knows for sure but you know what people always say about investing "They right time is always now".

If and when you do invest, then it's important to perform due diligence e.g affordability, reasonability of asking price, surrounding area, potential for capital appreciation, current economic/political conditions, etc. Each of us has our own risk threshold. If the risks assessed are too high, then it may be better to wait for market to soften before entry.

One thing for sure is, property is a good hedge against inflation and a great long-term investment.

If and when you do invest, then it's important to perform due diligence e.g affordability, reasonability of asking price, surrounding area, potential for capital appreciation, current economic/political conditions, etc. Each of us has our own risk threshold. If the risks assessed are too high, then it may be better to wait for market to soften before entry.

One thing for sure is, property is a good hedge against inflation and a great long-term investment.

Yes, have to buy within our means...real estate is more suitable for investors with holding power...

Edited by Plastic3