Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

Condos: Buy Now Or Wait?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest todbee

What happened if buy in ghost month?

Has anyone heard any true story of people who bought condo in ghost month(own living/investment) and bring any bad luck or anything(s)?

Please enlightened har...

Actually can wait a few months. Prices heading south slowly. If not Pan-tang, buy during ghost month.

May be worth to wait for a while, but, developers, are very unlikely to reduce price because now the "sentiment" is "good", though the stock mkt is temporary "soft". If you're really keen & got money, aim yr targets (location, $psf, FH/99/999, TOP, etc) go to those VVIP launches, you will get big saving(3-5% at least). Try register yourself on-line as keen buyer, at various developers' webs. You will receive info on these VVIP launches.

I have been to a few VVIP launches, ALL agents there are "very one kind", you can sense(see) the eyes/mouth got the $$ stamps, so be "mental prepared" if you were just there to "look see look see".

Waterfront Gold finally having public release from tomorow, after close to abt a month's "training" fm developer to agencies. Seem wrong timing of releasing, if delay a bit worst still, ghost month is just round the corner.

Edited by bepgof

The main reason is easy on the pocket. The absolute amount is lower (most are sub $1mil). But for cashflow and investment reasons? They got it wrong with the mickey mouses in the suburbs. CCR and RCR is ok, but not OCR.

i gather the "R" refers to return, what of othe other abbreviations?

the slipper-singlet-car discussion is cute :P my own take is that many people are well aware that dressed down folks may have (easily) purchasing power, but perhaps the choice of appearance may indicate the person not so easy to convince to part with $$ (as opposed to not having $$ to begin with), and since the time is limited, it makes sense to try to not spend too much time on the less receptive ones.

i gather the "R" refers to return, what of othe other abbreviations?

the slipper-singlet-car discussion is cute :P my own take is that many people are well aware that dressed down folks may have (easily) purchasing power, but perhaps the choice of appearance may indicate the person not so easy to convince to part with $$ (as opposed to not having $$ to begin with), and since the time is limited, it makes sense to try to not spend too much time on the less receptive ones.

I believe he means this:

CCR - Core Central Region

RCR - Rest of Central Region

OCR - Outside Central Region

MM Lee said no bubbles and the prices are supported by demands and fundamentals.

Verdict: Buy.

Mah & Lees, are playing kites, one wulos, the other one taraks. Good/Bad/Ugly.

Edited by bepgof

For purchase of properties, it depends on your liking .. whether you like new or resale. I personally like new properties for owner occupancy. For rental, i dont mind getting a resale unit.

820 psf. Pricing always has to do with the cost of land and construction cost. Construction cost is bound to increase over the next few years. Final pricing to take into account of developer profit, cost escalation for construction, insurance, land financing etc. Property development is a high risk industry and the profits commensurate with the risk involved ...

Livia 99yrs 6xx psf, Estuary 99 yrs 7xx psf, Dakota 99 yrs initially 9xx psf, now Dakota Waterfront 11xx psf

I saw an interesting mickey mouse apartment near Farrer Park MRT. About 24 units about 4xx sf size - hotel room sizes. Only one lift. No parking available. Furnishing is homogenous tiles for entire flat. Roof top has swimming pool/gym and penthouse. There are also balconies for each unit. Quantum is low about psf is high ;)

I think that's expensive for a 99 yr leasehold condo not near MRT.... but then again, if buying for your own (long term) stay, I guess most people won't mind.

For that price ($820psf), I would look for an older, 999 yr / freehold apartment - maybe near Jln Loyang Besar? (If you like to be next to the park / water)

Pricing always has to do with the cost of land and construction cost. Construction cost is bound to increase over the next few years. Final pricing to take into account of developer profit, cost escalation for construction, insurance, land financing etc. Property development is a high risk industry and the profits commensurate with the risk involved ...

;)

Suddenly reminded me of the arugment between president of XXXX developer & URA about private residential pricing. If I remember correctly the URA insisted that the private residential property pricing has nothing to do with cost of land sold but mkt forces..... Actually who is "more correct"?

URA sets the minimum while developers set the maximum right? Consumers get caught in between.?

Edited by bepgof

VIP preview & soft launch over, here is the latest, no more $820psf liao: The first condo project in the country to have "skypark" with express bubble lift, on top of 15th storey for scenery viewing (can see ppl playing slope gliders at the slope behind Sin Song, end of year)! Or gliders may land at skypark. Extract from property guru:

Far East Organization and Frasers Centrepoint have sold 68 units out of the 150 units released at the Waterfront Gold condo project fronting Bedok Reservoir.

Units at the 99-year leasehold, 361-unit condo project were being offered at around $950 psf. More than 70 percent of the total units sold were one-bedders, one-bedroom with study and two-bedroom units.

Most of the buyers were Singaporeans and there was an equal split between private addresses and those with HDB. The cheapest unit goes for $555,000 – for a 581-sq ft, one-room unit at the second level. Both of the 2,000-sq-ft penthouses released were sold for about $2.1 million or $1,025 psf each.

While Waterfront Gold's sales seem to be growing compared with several other launches earlier this year, Cheang Kok Kheong, Frasers Centrepoint Homes COO, said that the outcome was "within our expectation and quite remarkable given today's market sentiment."

"We are testing the upper end of prices in the upgraders' market and because of the location and facilities, we are positioning Waterfront Gold as an upper-mid market condo rather than a mass-market product.”

"For instance, we have a sky park with a dedicated express bubble lift and toilets in the development will have marble floors," he added.

Mr. Cheang also said the developers are now offering two of the project’s five blocks, or a total of 150 units, as part of "a deliberate attempt not to sell out the project."

"We wish to sell progressively and keep the remaining three blocks until the location of the Bedok Reservoir Station on Downtown Line 3 is announced."

Peter Ow, managing director (residential services) of Knight Frank, attributed the sales result of Waterfront Gold to a “combination of challenging pricing and a slower market”.

The Waterfront Gold condo project is one of four condo projects that Far East Organization and Frasers Centrepoint are jointly developing on the former Waterfront View site.

Edited by bepgof

slowly squeezing every single $$$ out of anybody desperate enough

Market seem to be slowing down for now. Can wait a while longer to observe before committing. Besides that, there is a stream of condos being built and will be put up in the market. Government is also releasing more land.

I feel that the market price is very high now. Hence, it will be good to go in when there is a correction. Cheers.

What happened if buy in ghost month?

Has anyone heard any true story of people who bought condo in ghost month(own living/investment) and bring any bad luck or anything(s)?

Please enlightened har...

If you ask me, nothing!

But my mum will say it's bad luck or some other superstitious thingy to turn me off.

Because a lot of Chinese are pan-tang, they won't buy during the month.

Hence, demand is lower overall and developer sales are poorer.

A few might give discounts to have some business reflected for the month.

Sentiment breeds sentiment and prices are generally lower.

Market seem to be slowing down for now. Can wait a while longer to observe before committing. Besides that, there is a stream of condos being built and will be put up in the market. Government is also releasing more land.

I feel that the market price is very high now. Hence, it will be good to go in when there is a correction. Cheers.

Yeah. Elections coming also. Corrections will occur after elections.