Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

Condos: Buy Now Or Wait?

Bro, can extend the invitation?

I know a fren whose father is keeping one eye on property here.

Will PM you the agent & contacts.

To me, now ghost month, sales sure go down, just a marketing tactic+ some human psy( see why 18/8, = want prosper prosper, 6pm= sun about to set, Ying qi increases, make human brain "gong gong"or "kong kong") to keep sale going.

Next, can bring any agent of your choice to show room, not necessary to be the marketing agents there. The agent you bring will get a "referal fee" from the developer if sale is done.

Ratio of (Area of land)/(Area of total of units) very tokong, the "slope" seem quite steep, pay attention/observation to unit #06-27($1.6mil)-at the "highest" of the valley. Flamingo=a kind of bird.

Edited by bepgof

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
HDB receives no bids for Jurong West residential site

By Jonathan Peeris, Joanne Chan | Posted: 12 August 2010 1826 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

SINGAPORE : Despite Singapore's property market seeing a boom, the Housing and Development Board (HDB) has received no bids at the close of the tender for a residential site at Jurong West Street 42 on Thursday.

The land parcel has a land area of over 16,800 square metres and a maximum gross floor area of about 50,445 square metres.

The site is slated for Executive Condominium housing and has a lease period of 99 years.

It was launched for public tender on July 2 and closed at noon on Thursday.

Analysts said developers are spoilt for choice as the government has been releasing a lot of land.

Nicholas Mak, lecturer, Real Estate, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, said: "There are also growing concerns that there could be a growing oversupply due to the large amount of land that the government is offering for sale in the present government land sales programme.

"In addition, there is also the characteristic of this site, which is that it's not within comfortable walking distance to the nearest MRT station."

The second half of this year will see 27 residential sites and 4 mixed-use sites put up for tender via the government land sales programme.

The 31 sites are expected to yield nearly 14,000 private residential units. This is the highest potential supply for any half-yearly period since the Confirmed and Reserve Lists system started in 2001.

- CNA/al

Ya lor. So much land to offer, buying condo today is bo hua....

Ya lor. So much land to offer, buying condo today is bo hua....

HDB doesn't believe the effect of G month, now kena knock the wall.

Edited by bepgof

TG is my 4th. Can't "tong" FV anymore.

i think Warrior88 is referring to 3rd concurrent property (ie owned at the same time). So, finally, you still like FV :) Share what you decide to get ok? Siglap's a nice area - i lived there for a while and family's still there and don't think they'll be moving from that area anytime soon.

Tonight stays late, so just join in, just received an email from agen, Flamingo Valley got special promotion on 18/8/10, 6.00pm onwards at $7xxpsf. I guess it is a strategy to make "stock" moving this month.

Paiseh, made a silly mistake. It is $7xxk onwards, not $7xxpsf. Any different?

Edited by bepgof

i think Warrior88 is referring to 3rd concurrent property (ie owned at the same time). So, finally, you still like FV :) Share what you decide to get ok? Siglap's a nice area - i lived there for a while and family's still there and don't think they'll be moving from that area anytime soon.

Not so tokong to hold 3 properties concurrently lah. Some profile just for sharing:

1. 1st hand hdb 5rm, get in 1992(age 29), married there, stayed there, make 2 babies and rented out for 11months. Sold after 13+1 years later.

2. 1st hand 3bed condo, buy in 2005, top in 2006, stayed there 3+yr then sold last yr.

3. Buy hdb resale 5rm last yr(age 45), now staying there, 5 months to a yr.

4. Pay booking last month & stamp duty early this month for TG. So far Citibank, DBS, UOB have approved house loan, eyeing my pocket with saliava dripping mouth, even offer to come to my home tonight leh.

Tell u a "secret": Before marry, wife was staying at the "1rm 1/2 hall" hdb rented, she wished to have a owned hdb after marry, so we joined hand, wish fulfilled. See ppl stay at L99 condo very shiok, join hand again, dream fullfilled. She concluded maintenain fee "expensive" and children tired of the facilities, so shifted to present's hdb resale. Now, greed grows, she wants to own F/H. Bopian, I follow her lor. I guess the next target will be "landed"- where I "originally" come from - those zinc roof wooden house with cement floor, surrounded with many coconut, mango, rambutan, durian....trees. Lengthy to write... I just fond of D15 district

Why now still "dare to go" into proty?

- Global eco, USA, Europe unlikely to recover from "injuries" and become "fit to run" within 1~3yr.

- Borrowing cost is so low and so "attractive" - chance hard to come by! Expected to go even lower till end of this yr.

- "Seem too many" L99 condos which, to me, make not much different from hdb flats. That was why I don't buy resale L99 condo for rental.

- Those recently announced BTO, GLS for private , take ~ min 4 ~5 yrs to be fit for stay.

- S'pore is land scared, Immigrant is the prime mover, will keep going for a few years, create the demand for housing needs.

- Resale may be facing some volume & price resistance.

- Developers are very unlikely to axe price now or even till end of the yr.

- Our west "big brother" looks like seriously injured, now till in ICU, any shocking news can be expected.

-West "2nd brother" also had a great fall, take years to get up right.

- East "big brother" also suffered, financial industry very messy, looking for "outlets" to vent the "waste".

- Local developers, recongised the trend, all join hand and chiong to "eat" the cake offered by east big brother.

- Do not "overlook" the "rich" from China & India - come like hungry tigers, wherever they go, left nothing.

- So, want to buy or not?

Edited by bepgof

Not so

Tell u a "secret": Before marry, wife was staying at the "1rm 1/2 hall" hdb rented, she wished to have a owned hdb after marry, so we joined hand, wish fulfilled. See ppl stay at L99 condo very shiok, join hand again, dream fullfilled. She concluded maintenain fee "expensive" and children tired of the facilities, so shifted to present's hdb resale. Now, greed grows, she wants to own F/H. Bopian, I follow her lor. I guess the next target will be "landed"- where I "originally" come from - those zinc roof wooden house with cement floor, surrounded with many coconut, mango, rambutan, durian....trees. Lengthy to write... I just fond of D15 district

I think u are going to be very rich because yr wife is very smart.

There's going to be a new launch at Kembangan Lengkong Tujoh.

Agent called me re this development

- full facility condo

- few hundred units

- freehold

- confirm good view for this facing south

- face north - face pie

- heard in the range of 900-1200psf

- quiet neigbourhood surrounded by landed.

- full facility condo

- few hundred units

- freehold

- face north - face pie

It's called Vacanza?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/181...le-vacanza-east

Rather pricey...

- full facility condo

- few hundred units

- freehold

- face north - face pie

Quite "far away" from Kembangan mrt stn. Can see all the heavy machinery on the condo site already, from PIE (changi towards tuas, on left).

Edited by bepgof

Quite "far away" from Kembangan mrt stn. Can see all the heavy machinery on the condo site already, from PIE (changi towards tuas, on left).

Sharing on my local knowledge (staying at Kembangan at the moment), the site is quite a long and unsheltered walk from the train station - a good 12 minutes.

The nearest amenities are also a distance away. The coffeeshop/provision is at the Lengkong Tiga HDB, and the prata shop is beside the Kembangan MRT.

The units facing the PIE will suffer from the noise generated from the expressway traffic. It is quite unbearable at times (i have a relative staying at Starville and it's terrible).

The agents have already started distributing leaflets around the neighbourhood. No indicative price yet, but i won't be surprise if they ask for $1.1k psf.