Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zerochristy

Our Nest

Woww....another exciting journey to begin..... :rolleyes:

me oso thinking of changing whole hse windows grills but the current grills are in funi pattern...they r pertruding out de....soo i think will need to change the windows as well in order to put the grills....if u got the best quote of the grills, do share with me....at least i hv a rough fig on how much more to save up....hahahhahaa.... :P

If you say your grills are pertruding out most likely is like mine... but it look okie to me le...

We wanted to change the windows cause got 2 case of window leaking... the very first time is at our MBR... we put silicon all around the window rubber black tubing so no water came in anymore...

2nd time is just recently.. it was raining heavily usually we did not ledge our windows so we just do the normal closing.. just put the windows inwards and secure it with the window "L" shape looking lock... came back at night than I saw a pond of small water on the floor... than did some CSI... found that the wind blow open the window than some water came in.... so basically that one our fault.

I did some check the black rubber tubing around the window could no longer be use... cause I can see algae in the black tubing under the strong sunlight....

If I change the windows only I would also need to patch up the sides of the affected area so I think painting also is a must for at least the wall of the windows.

Edited by zerochristy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hey hey... how r u gers?

feimei> i hope u are doin well.. i jz read singaporebrides forum a couple days ago..

christy> u gonna overhaul ur kitchen n bathrooms? gonna be messy leh... lots of dust.. but ya, i think when u change the windows n grills will prob hv to paint the walls again.. but ur wall decals at the dining area is nice.. :D

my ID getting contractors tmr to repaint some parts of house cos had to plaster again due to cracks on walls.. also some grouting came out so gonna repair tt as well... dunno why the plastered walls keep cracking ard same area some more... :huh:

anyways, our place still work-in-progress cos still unpacking hubby's toys to put into display cabinet. cleared half of it d... gv him deadline b4 christmas to finish everything.. :P

Edited by butterfingerzz

hey hey... how r u gers?

feimei> i hope u are doin well.. i jz read singaporebrides forum a couple days ago..

christy> u gonna overhaul ur kitchen n bathrooms? gonna be messy leh... lots of dust.. but ya, i think when u change the windows n grills will prob hv to paint the walls again.. but ur wall decals at the dining area is nice.. :D

my ID getting contractors tmr to repaint some parts of house cos had to plaster again due to cracks on walls.. also some grouting came out so gonna repair tt as well... dunno why the plastered walls keep cracking ard same area some more... :huh:

anyways, our place still work-in-progress cos still unpacking hubby's toys to put into display cabinet. cleared half of it d... gv him deadline b4 christmas to finish everything.. :P

Hey butters :) glad to see you here... hope you are doing good.

Ya lor cause the common bathroom, kitchen & windows + grills we did not redo during our reno. No $$ mah... so no choice now that can do...

I tell my ah lao that either do it at 1 go but we have to see got enough $ or not... if not enough than got to do in stages :( the 1st got to do is the windows and grills.... cause that one the rubber tubing gone le.. and old.

Than CNY coming soon got to have some cash to pao ang pao too.. so cannot anyhow spent :P

Wall crack ah... there is one time Indonesia got earthquick than I saw a huge crack on my wall *super sian* that wall last time got door and the ex owner patch up so bound to have the hairline crack. I think unless u bandage the hairline crack *with a sort of bandage netting for mending wall or celing* than plaster it...

Edited by zerochristy

hey hey... how r u gers?

helllloOOOoooo butter....

still in recovering stage...becos the op was not done cleanly :( thanks for concerns!!! glad to c u back here.....:rofl:

Edited by feimei

If you say your grills are pertruding out most likely is like mine... but it look okie to me le...

We wanted to change the windows cause got 2 case of window leaking... the very first time is at our MBR... we put silicon all around the window rubber black tubing so no water came in anymore...

2nd time is just recently.. it was raining heavily usually we did not ledge our windows so we just do the normal closing.. just put the windows inwards and secure it with the window "L" shape looking lock... came back at night than I saw a pond of small water on the floor... than did some CSI... found that the wind blow open the window than some water came in.... so basically that one our fault.

I did some check the black rubber tubing around the window could no longer be use... cause I can see algae in the black tubing under the strong sunlight....

If I change the windows only I would also need to patch up the sides of the affected area so I think painting also is a must for at least the wall of the windows.

don't u find them frimsiy....i just can't wait to unscrew them n take out....but hubby say no grills on....seem very dangerous....

Christy...i bot my wall decal from www.creativealldecal.com waiting for delivery...soo excited....also finally persuaded hubby to agree on wall decal...he had been against on using wall decal....scare his hardworked painting gone when remove the decal but after showing him the wall decal i like....hahaha...he finally agree to get it.... :dancingqueen:

Hi ZeroChristy,

Was reading ur tblog after u pm me for id contact... I also did my curtains for my hse with middle curtain from JB!! :D overall very satisfied with their service and also quality of the curtains are very good... and the price is also very reasonable..

don't u find them frimsiy....i just can't wait to unscrew them n take out....but hubby say no grills on....seem very dangerous....

Christy...i bot my wall decal from www.creativealldecal.com waiting for delivery...soo excited....also finally persuaded hubby to agree on wall decal...he had been against on using wall decal....scare his hardworked painting gone when remove the decal but after showing him the wall decal i like....hahaha...he finally agree to get it.... :dancingqueen:

Hmmm mine very secure le... maybe I should take a photo of the current window grills and let you see if the same :D

Must have grills la cannot don't have grills I open the windows and pull back the windows I also scard I fall down one day :jawdrop:

You buy liao ah... whahaha I should not show u mine hor... now u waste $$ for the decal :P Well sometimes got to find something to so if not very sian at home le :notti:

Hi ZeroChristy,

Was reading ur tblog after u pm me for id contact... I also did my curtains for my hse with middle curtain from JB!! :D overall very satisfied with their service and also quality of the curtains are very good... and the price is also very reasonable..

Hi Hippobb, so qiao ah :D

Ya Middle service and quality is very good :P until now I have been in contact with them... my 2 SIL recently made curtain with them

Hi Hippobb, so qiao ah :D

Ya Middle service and quality is very good :P until now I have been in contact with them... my 2 SIL recently made curtain with them

Yup yup .. also recommended another forumner BangBang middle curtians too... we deal with grace, janice's sister lor... for that price, they are willing to come all the way out from jb, see ur hse design and colours and then recommend u base on the colour scheme and take ur measurements and do the sewing and then bring the end product out from JB to u without any additonal taxes + setting up the railings and putting up everything... we got no complains lah...

hey his (bangbang) hse is also pretty well done up by his ID mr Yeak... so maybe u can gather his id contact too...

reno thingy is like tat - u gather more good id contacts so tat u have a spread of choice rite? hee hee

Yup yup .. also recommended another forumner BangBang middle curtians too... we deal with grace, janice's sister lor... for that price, they are willing to come all the way out from jb, see ur hse design and colours and then recommend u base on the colour scheme and take ur measurements and do the sewing and then bring the end product out from JB to u without any additonal taxes + setting up the railings and putting up everything... we got no complains lah...

hey his (bangbang) hse is also pretty well done up by his ID mr Yeak... so maybe u can gather his id contact too...

reno thingy is like tat - u gather more good id contacts so tat u have a spread of choice rite? hee hee

Hahah actually a few forumer ask the contact of Middle fm me than I sent to them... I think spread and spread LOL :D

Mr Yeak ah.. Its Rondy's ID... heard than he is very very bz so I will drop him.

Hey butters :) glad to see you here... hope you are doing good.

Ya lor cause the common bathroom, kitchen & windows + grills we did not redo during our reno. No $$ mah... so no choice now that can do...

I tell my ah lao that either do it at 1 go but we have to see got enough $ or not... if not enough than got to do in stages :( the 1st got to do is the windows and grills.... cause that one the rubber tubing gone le.. and old.

Than CNY coming soon got to have some cash to pao ang pao too.. so cannot anyhow spent :P

Wall crack ah... there is one time Indonesia got earthquick than I saw a huge crack on my wall *super sian* that wall last time got door and the ex owner patch up so bound to have the hairline crack. I think unless u bandage the hairline crack *with a sort of bandage netting for mending wall or celing* than plaster it...

maybe mine has to do the earthquake too... haha... the cracks are from walls where i sealed up doorways mostly plus my storeroom where i rebuilt... anyways oredi repainted the whole of my master bedroom where most of the crack were n other patches here n there... hopefully dun crack anymore.. the plaster guy left me a packet of powder, also the grouting guy.. tink i very free plaster/grout here n there.. :P

hey u must drink more nourishing soup to 'pu'....

my place no grills leh... but i dun open my windows very wide tho, not much view anyways, so not very dangerous bah.. only next time when hv kids then maybe hv to do lah... but in the meantime i like without the grills... less things to clean.. :rolleyes:

Hmmm mine very secure le... maybe I should take a photo of the current window grills and let you see if the same :D

Must have grills la cannot don't have grills I open the windows and pull back the windows I also scard I fall down one day :jawdrop:

You buy liao ah... whahaha I should not show u mine hor... now u waste $$ for the decal :P Well sometimes got to find something to so if not very sian at home le :notti:

yalol....always wanted to buy de...but silly hubby....scare his wall got ugly by the decal....:angry:

here's my wall:

Eiffel.jpg

maybe mine has to do the earthquake too... haha... the cracks are from walls where i sealed up doorways mostly plus my storeroom where i rebuilt... anyways oredi repainted the whole of my master bedroom where most of the crack were n other patches here n there... hopefully dun crack anymore.. the plaster guy left me a packet of powder, also the grouting guy.. tink i very free plaster/grout here n there.. :P

hey u must drink more nourishing soup to 'pu'....

my place no grills leh... but i dun open my windows very wide tho, not much view anyways, so not very dangerous bah.. only next time when hv kids then maybe hv to do lah... but in the meantime i like without the grills... less things to clean.. :rolleyes:

Butters> You want to mead your wall??? Very troulbsome de le... plaster liao than got to pain the whole wall again :o

yalol....always wanted to buy de...but silly hubby....scare his wall got ugly by the decal....:angry:

here's my wall:

Eiffel.jpg

Very nice le just fit onto your wall space nicely :D show your hub this post LOL... hahah

Oh I got the estimated quote for the windows and grills from Jit Sheng.... so ex S$5300 not incl of GST.

We will be doing the whole house windows as follows:

Living Room: 4 or 5 panel 180 degree type (powder coated dark brown)

Study/Cozy Area: 3 panel 180 degree type (powder coated dark brown)

http://www.jitsheng.com/index.php

Bedroom 2 & 3: 4 panel sliding type (normal aluminum oxidize - the dark brown colour)

MBR: 2 panel casement & 1 panel casement (normal aluminum oxidize - the dark brown colour)

Service balcony: 4 panel sliding type (normal aluminum oxidize - the dark brown colour)

May I know is this the normal price??

If you all have been following my T-Blog, I did highlight that we have some problem with our elect. We call up an electrician and he explain to us the real problem :)

Problem 1: Power Trip in a bluemoon when we swith off the switches, mainly it come from the living room only.

Due to: PLC lights. Yes its PLC lights thats the cause there is something in the PLC light which will cause power trip. So cannot do much on this but at least we know the real reason.

Problem 2: Portable Oven when started to use and in heating mode the power trip.

Due to: The oven itself... Yes less useage of the oven will cause the house power to trip. Its due to the water vapour in the oven itself so if we use the oven everytime than there will not be such problem.

At lease we found a good electrician who is willing to explain the facts to us and not wasting each others time and spending $$ for no reason.

Those who need Lic. Electrician can go to http://elise.ema.gov.sg/elise/homepage_public_menu.jsp

Search under "Search Lic Worker" than click "Electrical Worker who offers services to consumer" can still see the electrician's photo too :P