Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Parents & Parents To Be

Hehe...started this thread for Mommies, Daddies, Mom-2-be and Daddies-to-be.

Maybe we shall start with how many kids we have, area we are staying at, age of kids?

Kids: 2

shifting to Pasir Ris soon...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I've 2 boys and a girl...

1st boy : 6 yrs

2nd boy : 4 yrs

3rd girl : 2 yrs

never thought I'll have 3 kids and whenever people ask how i manage, i juz tell them go with the flow...There's no right or wrong to parenting.. I always say have to trust our own instincts more than often it will turn out fine...

Wanted my kids to enjoy their childhood but realise how difficult it was in this competitive world....Even now i was so stressed over my eldest not doing enough when i hear what some of other children his age can do....now I have to push myself to be more discipline in giving him some work to complete everyday (but sometimes still never do)

Family of 4, have you any idea how should we choose primary school? some told me to go for the good and some say it really doesn't matter...in Bt panjang there's the Beacon Primary School which is an IT school 1st of its kind...wanted to put him there but kind of worried will they b able to follow when in secondary? aiyo!!! thinking thinking!!

At the moment, juz a lovely 2 yr old princess. She juz started her toddler class in Mar and was infected with HFMD by the end of Mar. She had since recovered early this Apr. Throught out the ordeal, she was eating to muz and seem to be filled with endless energy then that I wondered if she has been wrongly dignosed :P

preciousjam, my gal is a 2004 kid, so she will be 5yo this year end.

I actually did thought of enrolling her to more pretigious primary schools etc, but I have also come to terms that kids should grow by themselves with a little pressure from us and the environment. For me, it's simple. I will understand the school, try and dig more info about the culture and teachers/principal info from those parent who already had their kids with the school.

My hubby's colleagues are more of the eaterners (quite a fair bit in pasir ris), thus it makes my search easier. I heard the new school near bangkit is quite good. I can't remember the primary school name tho'. My friend's daughther is there and she says the gal enjoys school :)

preciousjam, my gal is a 2004 kid, so she will be 5yo this year end.

I actually did thought of enrolling her to more pretigious primary schools etc, but I have also come to terms that kids should grow by themselves with a little pressure from us and the environment. For me, it's simple. I will understand the school, try and dig more info about the culture and teachers/principal info from those parent who already had their kids with the school.

My hubby's colleagues are more of the eaterners (quite a fair bit in pasir ris), thus it makes my search easier. I heard the new school near bangkit is quite good. I can't remember the primary school name tho'. My friend's daughther is there and she says the gal enjoys school :)

great!!! could you pleeeease help me find out if its Beacon? I was really thinking of putting him there but can't get any reviews at all...and hard to find parents unless i wait at school door...;) it will be great to hear from someone beside teachers....

I feel so much better after hearing what you say coz actually that's what i have in mind...i wanted them to enjoy school coz that's what i did....

great!!! could you pleeeease help me find out if its Beacon? I was really thinking of putting him there but can't get any reviews at all...and hard to find parents unless i wait at school door...;) it will be great to hear from someone beside teachers....

I feel so much better after hearing what you say coz actually that's what i have in mind...i wanted them to enjoy school coz that's what i did....

Yes! it's alled Beacon. I was unsure of the name of the school, that's why I didn't type in :P

Further to this, the homework isn't too overwhelming for the kids. It leaves them some free hours after school for them to rest :)

Hi all,

my girl is coming 4 this Nov, wife is expecting our second in Aug.

staying in Toa Payoh now, hoping to move in to Yishun by end May.

Hi all,

my girl is coming 4 this Nov, wife is expecting our second in Aug.

staying in Toa Payoh now, hoping to move in to Yishun by end May.

Hi welcome to the club!! juz nice gap....my friend's children are 4 yrs apart, feel that they don't squabble as much and the eldest can take care of the younger ones.... juz nice for you to settle down before the new born arrives

Yes! it's alled Beacon. I was unsure of the name of the school, that's why I didn't type in :P

Further to this, the homework isn't too overwhelming for the kids. It leaves them some free hours after school for them to rest :)

I was initially quite sceptical about Beacon (being a new school) ... I'll consider putting Jarren into Beacon...just don't know about balloting(another stress)

I was wondering is it possible to ask your friend abit more about Beacon maybe thru email....

trashley, tpy is so good! Centralised area :) Aug is only a few steps away!!! U are gonna get busier soon!

TPY is super duper convenient especially that i only need to walk 3-5mins to the mrt station/central. BUT, i cannot afford tpy flats. hehe...

4rm at my current blk = EM at yishun + 1 continental car :bangwall:

Hi welcome to the club!! juz nice gap....my friend's children are 4 yrs apart, feel that they don't squabble as much and the eldest can take care of the younger ones.... juz nice for you to settle down before the new born arrives

i'm lucky my girl is very sensible. even now when we buy things, she ask me to buy 1 more for 弟弟.

i'm lucky my girl is very sensible. even now when we buy things, she ask me to buy 1 more for 弟弟.

awww.... so sweet...girls tend to be more caring.....among my 3 kids my second one is the most caring will take care of brother and sister...juz that his temper can be quite bad....

i agree that gals are more loving leh...mine is super duper sweet! Hehe...my boy also sweet lah...but gal is still sweeter ;)

Edited by familyof4