Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Parents & Parents To Be

Thanks for the advice! :D

Well, I did get a recommendation from a colleague of mine for the gynae. But the bad stories I heard were more about the nurses and other staff. I would like to go to KKH cuz that was where I was born. But it's not worth it if I have to pay and accept bad service.

I've also heard good stories/comments about Mt A and TMC. But private hospitals seem more x leh. Any docs to recommend there btw?

Bad/poor/"unsatis" services are found everywhere, no choice one. ;) My frd's case was that her sister's baby was diagnosed with Down's at a very late stages (3rd trimester). She was only 27yo when giving birth. Not entirely the medical staff fault, but I think they should be able to detect it, although I agree 1st trimester blood test only have a detection rate of 60%. The detection rate should gradually increases during the 20wks and 25wks gestation. By then genetic counseling is too late.

Just a case study lah. Majority of them are caring with professional advice. :)

Angel81, I do agree mount A and TMC is more x, is because of the CPF withdrawal limit. Thru' out all the hospital, the charges is about plus minus 5% to 10%. You can always compare the bill size from MOH's website. http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/billsize.aspx?id=302

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Any comments/feedback about NUH? ;)

Personally, I don't have a very good impression of NUH.

I find the attitudes of the nursing staff and doctors very lacking based on previous encounters.

Very little EQ and bo chup attitude. How would you feel if it is your relative dying and people are not forthcoming with updates or your queries?

And this is in ICU that I'm talking about! If they can't produce decent care at ICU level, I can't imagine the sort of attitude they've got in other areas.

However, on a good note, their ground staff, like those attendants and concierge staff are really good - Warm, friendly and always ready to lend a hand with a smile.

my friend shared with me her experience a few years back at KKH...her contractions were bad and she was complaining of the pain...she was not on epi and wanted the natural way, so she opted for laughing gas then the nurse told my friend off saying "you have sex you enjoy, give birth complain of pain!" she is **** pissed and shock at the same time for such a remark made!

my friend shared with me her experience a few years back at KKH...her contractions were bad and she was complaining of the pain...she was not on epi and wanted the natural way, so she opted for laughing gas then the nurse told my friend off saying "you have sex you enjoy, give birth complain of pain!" she is **** pissed and shock at the same time for such a remark made!

Should be from the midwife's. She really have a smelly mouth. :P

if tt happened to me, she can rest assure i'll lodge a case after the whole procedure is over.

familyof4

Hehe, that's what I heard from frens as well! Really very weird that different pregnancy will have different set of pblms, even though it's the same body. :P Hahahaha! If my hb plays that song for me, I tink I'll be laughing while I puke. :P

Wah, seems like there are lots of gd comments abt MAH. Even sgmommies forum also have gd comments abt MAH. Looks like it's worth taking a look at MAH. :)

Wah seh, that nurse is such a b*tch! I tink no matter how much pain I'm in, I'll get up and give her a slap. Ur fren is courageous enough to opt for natural way/no epi, should encourage ur fren all the way wat! grrrrr.....

Zc31

Hehe, gd idea! Thanks! I'll go take a look next time. Hee, now still waiting to see if got any "visits". :D

Rof|maoxz

Yah, so late then detect. Tink the parents will be pretty traumatized and unprepared for it. :(

Very useful webbies! Thanks for them! :D

adrian_john

That's the feeling that I get too! The nurses seem abit bochap when I go visiting. Looks like the nearest hospital to me is out. :P

Edited by Angel81

Rdnest, hehe hope that I won't puke too much during pregs in future. I have a fren who needed bed rest for the 1st tri, cuz puke too much! :P

:HUG: even if u hv morning sickness, take it in a good way. My gynae actually told me tt the more u feel pregnant, healthier the pregnancy is. not sure if he was comforting me or wat :P

remember to take ur folic acid diligently for the 1st trimester and calcium from 2nd trimester.

Me took chicken essense from 8th month onwards, once daily.

twice daily in 9th month. abit KuaZhang hor :P

but compared to my 1st, me felt energetic delivering 2nd bb. and waking up at nite for night pump is not as hard too.

IMHO :)

I think I know who's your wifey. ....heeee...she's the one who took over from the retired sister right? I was one of the 1st few cases which she assisted to make the hosp booking and arrangement for my scheduled delivery after she took over from the retired sister. That time, she told us that she's also pregnant. But I cant remember her name and also didnt have much time to know her as I went off for my cesarean not long after she came over from Gleneagles. Oops, hope I get the right person.

Yes, Hello88, you're right.

That's her! :)

Yes, Hello88, you're right.

That's her! :)

just about to post in this thread. Thought I have done something wrong so u ignored my post. hahaha...luckily u posted b4 me.

familyof4

Hehe, that's what I heard from frens as well! Really very weird that different pregnancy will have different set of pblms, even though it's the same body. :P Hahahaha! If my hb plays that song for me, I tink I'll be laughing while I puke. :P

Wah, seems like there are lots of gd comments abt MAH. Even sgmommies forum also have gd comments abt MAH. Looks like it's worth taking a look at MAH. :)

Wah seh, that nurse is such a b*tch! I tink no matter how much pain I'm in, I'll get up and give her a slap. Ur fren is courageous enough to opt for natural way/no epi, should encourage ur fren all the way wat! grrrrr.....

Zc31

Hehe, gd idea! Thanks! I'll go take a look next time. Hee, now still waiting to see if got any "visits". :D

Rof|maoxz

Yah, so late then detect. Tink the parents will be pretty traumatized and unprepared for it. :(

Very useful webbies! Thanks for them! :D

adrian_john

That's the feeling that I get too! The nurses seem abit bochap when I go visiting. Looks like the nearest hospital to me is out. :P

ya, every pregnancy is different for every women. I'm very luckily that I dont have any of the puke-symptom...everyday happy go lucky. Even my gynae also commented that its so easy for me till I eat and eat.....hahahha.

MAH really got gd reviews almost everywhere but hor....dont be disappointed that its an old hospital and not very big. Its basically a Catholic hospital. Some felt that TMC which is just a few streets away is much more modernized but the parking is terrible which is why they got valet parking.

i agree that MAH is very old...but u can request for the lady ward which was renovated and really nice with wall mounted LCD tvs:)

From my research MAH and TMC are about the 2 most partonized by mums and often thumbs up for value for $.

TMC is over crowded nowadays. my wife loves the soup there. LOL.

adrian john,

yours normal delviery at Glen E at which year ah?

me too will be in Glen in end aug 09...

i keep worrying as the hospital seems so old..

ah... i'm expecting my boy in mid aug as well. is your gynae at gleneagles?

do try to ask for wards at newly renovated 6 west.

if it was me, i would have stuffed the laughing gas mask in her face and empty the whole tank into her. :angry: