Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
trashley

Turning A House Into A Place We Can Call Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Trashley,

Congrats on getting ur new home. Really a good deal to purchase an EM below $400K. But I guess these sort of deals can only be found at Yishun as the flats there are slightly older (> 20 years). If u decide the hack the ground floor toilet, isn't it very inconvenient to always need to climb to the 2nd floor just to use the bathroom? Maybe getting a island kitchen is not that practical afterall. That's my feel though. Nevertheless, congrats! Look forward to see your post reno pics!

wow that a lot of spending on the lightings, cant wait to see the pics of the lights..

the 4 ceiling fans already cost $1000.

actual cost for lights is ard $2380.

Trashley,

Congrats on getting ur new home. Really a good deal to purchase an EM below $400K. But I guess these sort of deals can only be found at Yishun as the flats there are slightly older (> 20 years). If u decide the hack the ground floor toilet, isn't it very inconvenient to always need to climb to the 2nd floor just to use the bathroom? Maybe getting a island kitchen is not that practical afterall. That's my feel though. Nevertheless, congrats! Look forward to see your post reno pics!

i like older flats as they are so much bigger compared to the puny new flats nowadays. :lol:

the amount of additional space in the kitchen more than negates the inconvenience of the need to walk up to second floor toilet in the even that nature calls. then again, i dun think i need to climb upstairs that many times a day. hehe :P

i like to cook so i prefer to have more space in the kitchen.

Edited by trashley

i like older flats as they are so much bigger compared to the puny new flats nowadays. :lol:

the amount of additional space in the kitchen more than negates the inconvenience of the need to walk up to second floor toilet in the even that nature calls. then again, i dun think i need to climb upstairs that many times a day. hehe :P

i like to cook so i prefer to have more space in the kitchen.

I think most people kept the toilet downstairs mainly for guests.

Cos in the event where you have friends and guests coming to your place,

and when they need the toilet, they will have to go up.

then there will be no privacy, and you will have to keep your things well, as you can't possibly keep track who went up and kpo into your rooms.

but i do understand that EM kitchen are small. A friend of mine resized her toilet. so that just a toilet and a small sink inside.

no washing area in the toilet. so perhaps you can consider this.

I also love having an island. i guess most women wants a WIW and a island. lolz

looking forward to see your end result. ;)

hi all, been awhile since i last updated on my reno progress. tiling is finally done, gonna start work on electrical, plumbing and plastering next week. will try to upload some pics.

settled all sanitary wares and lightings on the labour day holiday and burned a VERY VERY big hole. **** heart pain cos didnt expect to spend so much.

kitchen and bathroom wares from LOOKZ

total spent: $3,800

1 x 25L Joven storage heater

2 x W/C

2 x wash basin

2 x overflow pop up waste

1 x rainshower set

1 x set of 6 bathroom accessories

1 x set of 7 bathroom accessories

2 x spray rinser

2 x angle valve

1 x granite kitchen sink

1 x kitchen sink mixer

2 x basin bottle trap

2 x sink bottle trap

1 x Hansgrohe set (basin mixer, bath mixer, raindance air 3jet)

lighting from LICHT STUDIO

total spent: $3380

1 x dining light

29 x PLC

6 x halogen

1 x staircase spiral light

1 x small crystal light

2 x toilet round lights

4 x crestar 54" airvac

1 x kitchen light

4 x t5 tube

19 x 4ft cove light

2 x 6ft cove light

1 x utility room light (FOC)

1 x wired doorbell (FOC)

Your kitchen and bathroom wares, lightings are really ex leh! How much you are being charged for the Hansgrohe set? last time when i went for toilet accossories shopping, the shop owner told me Hansgrohe is branded stuff, that's why its so ex. but you can expect it to last for a very very long time. Take some pics please, when its fixed!

i think cost for my lights are quite ok. all comes with osram ballast and energy saving bulbs.

find that bathroom and kitchen is really on the high side. haiz...

i paid ~$550 for the hansgrohe set.

Edited by trashley