Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ericivy79

Hacking Broken Marble Is Waste?

Hi Jaskel,

You mean the dark line between the broken marble can be patching away? I tot that one is original color? :P

Ask your ID/contractor to do patching for the cracks before polishing. This will make it more harder to see the cracks. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Jaskel,

You mean the dark line between the broken marble can be patching away? I tot that one is original color? :P

I think what Jaskel meant was to patch and do up if there's any cracks. Those dark lines are in fact the marble patterns so dun think can omit it. Wonder if its possible for the contractors to lighten or darken the overall effect when doing the polishing by adding lesser or more of the polishing 'material'. I'm not sure since never have the chance to own a unit with marble flooring.

I think what Jaskel meant was to patch and do up if there's any cracks. Those dark lines are in fact the marble patterns so dun think can omit it. Wonder if its possible for the contractors to lighten or darken the overall effect when doing the polishing by adding lesser or more of the polishing 'material'. I'm not sure since never have the chance to own a unit with marble flooring.

Hi thks hello88, that what I mean by patching. But does not really know your meaning of lighten or darken the overall effect. Is it more shinier or duller?

Hi thks hello88, that what I mean by patching. But does not really know your meaning of lighten or darken the overall effect. Is it more shinier or duller?

hahaha, i also dunno. My idea and terminology came from staining teak furniture, whereby we get to choose the tones/shades to give the overall look in a darker or lighter tone...if u know what i mean. Hahaha, i'm also confused cos like I said, never have the luxury of staying in a flat done up with marble flooring.

congrats on getting Florida, Penthouse some more. Wow, must be very ex and reno cost alot. I just moved out of Ave 7 otherwise I'm your across the road neighbour.

Hi,

Just to get some advice on the treatment for marble flooring.

My new place has got cracked tiles, n even a chip on 1 of the tiles.. Can the chip n cracks be just patched?

Thanks for any advice!

yvon

Hi,

Just to get some advice on the treatment for marble flooring.

My new place has got cracked tiles, n even a chip on 1 of the tiles.. Can the chip n cracks be just patched?

Thanks for any advice!

yvon

ya, definitely should be able to rectify the crack tiles and chip. Confirm marble flooring?

ya, definitely should be able to rectify the crack tiles and chip. Confirm marble flooring?

Yup, defintely marble... yellow tone.. hopefully the repair parts will not have colour difference...thanks!

On 20 April 2009 at 10:21 AM, alan26 said:

Why not just overlay the laminate then you dun have to hack the marble. Hacking also cost money. So just overlay lor.

Save money and u get what u want.

My response is late but no stopping me from sharing 7 years later. According to my contractor, marble CANNOT be overlay as they are natural stone. He refer them as 'breathable' and absorbs water may lead to further leaky ceiling issue from your neighbour downstairs. Therefore overlaying is not an option. Likewise I'm keeping the marble flooring intact though i dislike it saving me close to $20k