Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
qinzheng80

Sycamore Ceiling Fan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i see ntuc & care4 adverts selling those sub $100 ceiling fans....anyone had gotten those? care to comment? thanks.

i see ntuc & care4 adverts selling those sub $100 ceiling fans....anyone had gotten those? care to comment? thanks.

i would just go to the more established brands like Elmark, KDK etc. just like these place selling those $20 stand fan, I don't think they last. and especially for ceiling fan, safety is a important consideration

That's a nice fan. anyone knows where the showroom for this fan is?

Very nice fan, my wife n I like it too when we saw it at Elmark showroom. Cost $1388 when asked, 1 mth back.

028.jpg

029.jpg

oh wow!!!! my first photo post!!! Wheeeeee!!!!!

oops, sorry... my hubby and me also thot about whether we should just settle for an aircon for the living room, but cost of usage is so much higher, thus making the liklihood of switching on the a/c less.... and would have bought a standing fan to use most times.... same price as system1 a/c unit, but different impact on electricity bill wor! so we dun have a/c in our living room lor, coz would have needed two of them to cool down the area.

I know its quite a crazy amount to spend on a fan, so I cut down on my shopping for a few months after buying the fans...heeee

wow!! what a funky looking fan!! nice.. :D

yup, got 2 for $1600...plus $50 installation fee.

There was supposed to be a sale, with 15% discount for that fan...so i said i wld only get 2 if they sold it for $1600, if not my hubby and me were going to forget about the fans....hehehe

anyway, we needed 2 lah, coz of the lay-out of our livingroom.

Hi there, i always wanted to buy this Sycamore fan. I also needed 2 sycamore fans. U got 2 fans for SGD1600?? Thats cheap. The lady only can give the most 15% discount off SGD1388. That would be SGD2359 after 15% off for 2 fans. If you said u gotten 15% off as well, and after the discount you got both for $1600, wow u managed to get it at a very cheap price then. How did u do that?

I just don't understand why Singaporeans love to have lights dangling under their fans :) and this sycamore is just...... expensive beyond what should be called ...fan. Of course, people here love to have expensive thingies - brand/designer conscious

saw this brushed stainless steel 2-bladed ceiling fan very nice. everything is all brushed s/s, from the customizable stalk to the canopy cover.... swee.

HI all,

Just want to share with you my experience regarding ceiling fans. I recently bought a few sets of fan. Actually, I feel that fans of a comparative range are equally good but what makes one better than the other could be one factor: the person who installs it. For the sets I bought, the person did not do a good job the first time. The motor was making a lot of noise and it sounded like something was scrapped. The installation man came down and I found out that he did not put in an additional device the first time he did it (something that look rubbery). After fixing it, the problem was solved.

Then, another set started to make noise the following day. This time, I realised that the fan base provided for about 6 screws but the installation man only used 2. That caused it to be unstable. I had to call him but he was very very unhappy despite that it was his own doing.

Then, the 3rd made noise. I called him again. He expressed his displeasure. He did not want to come down and said that I should wait and try it again. Fair enough. I did and the noise came back. I called the installation man and he was very annoyed. He said he would come down to my house the next day but only in the late afternoon. He did not turn up at all and did not call to inform me that he was not coming down at all in the afternoon.

I know that fan installation men work for a list of shops and they don't work for one shop. So, I feel a need to tell you to avoid this installation man. His name is David and he is in his late 40s or early 50s. His PR is first class because of they way he talks. I was told people said good things about him. I recommended him to a friend of mine (before he showed his true colour) and my friend experienced the same thing.

If you do want a good installation job, I suggest you avoid this David.