Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frostyflake

Mold Forming On Wall

Recently, there are black little spots of mold forming outside the wall of my masterbedroom. We believe it is caused by the condensation from the aircon inside our room blowing at this wall, cos prior to the appearance of the mold, the outside wall was very damp, and you can literally see the water mark dripping down. The interior wall is fine though.

How can i solve this problem?? How to get rid of the mold (i heard it's very hazardous to health)? How do i prevent it from recurring since we can't shift the position of the aircon. We don't blow it directly at the wall, but somehow i think it just became very cold cos it's the same direction.

All suggestion appreciated cos we just shifted for about 6 months only. :~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Recently, there are black little spots of mold forming outside the wall of my masterbedroom. We believe it is caused by the condensation from the aircon inside our room blowing at this wall, cos prior to the appearance of the mold, the outside wall was very damp, and you can literally see the water mark dripping down. The interior wall is fine though.

How can i solve this problem?? How to get rid of the mold (i heard it's very hazardous to health)? How do i prevent it from recurring since we can't shift the position of the aircon. We don't blow it directly at the wall, but somehow i think it just became very cold cos it's the same direction.

To stop further mold growth, must stop the source of moisture. It is most certainly due to water condensation due to the cold from the aircon. I presume that affected wall is not getting much sun because most mold could not thrrive in very bright areas. Try to set your temperature setting higher and keep the fan speed low (if it is blowing towards the affected wall)

I am having a rather similar problem as you but it is my floor and not the walls. The tennant below my unit is a foreigner who love to switch on the aircon the whole day at very low temperature. It is causing condensation on my parquet floor. It has damaged my parquet and recently mold has begun to grow on the joints between the timber strips due to the moisture. I am not in the habit to switch on aircon in my rooms unless the weather is very warm. Of course if I switch on my aircon as well, it would prevent condensation on my floor.

Mold can be killed by normal vinegar or some bleach soluation. It only kills the existing colony but if the cause of dampness is not removed, it will return.

I am having mold problems all over my house as well (mostly the white powdery variety) maybe because the condo swimming pool is very near my unit. I am so fed up of enduring the moldy smell when I enter my house and having to clean all wooden surfaces with vinegar every few weeks to stop the spread. I am thinking of getting the ultimate (desperate) solution...Ozone generator. Still waiting for some addtional quotes from local suppliers before buying. Do a search on Ozone Generator on the Internet and a whole bunch of info will appear.

Edited by Topspin

there are some paint that prevents mold not sure how effective they are but i am using it for my walls and so far so good. Hope this helps.

;)

Hey there, sorry to hear abt yr problems.

You might want to try out a product from Mr. Muscle. It is orange in colour. Choose the one which states for removing MOLD. You can get it from any leading supermarkets. I think I got it from NTUC SM at $4.80.

It helped me remove VERY BAD mold and strains on silicon sealant and white powdery along sinks. It solved the problem after I applied the solution on the mold/strains a few times.

Hope it will help you as it helped me.