Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
limlim

Timber Shop At Jurong East

Thanks everyone for supporting my thread and going down to purchase. Will constantly update any new findings that i get from my diy experiences. haha.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks everyone for supporting my thread and going down to purchase. Will constantly update any new findings that i get from my diy experiences. haha.

great thread limlim

pls post more on all diy

ty

You mentioned tt he sells metal too. Does he sell metal sheets?

I think they have aluminium sheets and not sure about just metal sheets. those aluminium and i think zinc sheets, my contractor who was fixing my roof also gave me the same shop to purchase a small piece of zinc when they patching my roof. So i guess they should have some stuff you need. Was there yesterday to purchase stainless steel screws to fasten my swimming pool floor traps. kept coming out when i started the motors. They have recently added a whole line of stainless steel screws those bolt and nuts one.

I have been buying from hoe hup at bukit batok. But they always required bulk. Those who just want a few pieces can try this shop too, the price difference is really minimal. i used to get from hoe hup 100 pieces miniumum, at this shop any amount will do. the price difference is about 10 cents a piece. i think is worth a try for small quantity. most likely 100 pieces, they will also offer me the same price as hoe hup.

Yes, I bought some zinc sheet from them to do up a magnetic wall. The shop owner is very helpful and best of all he speaks english :sport-smiley-018: . Highly recommended. :thumbs up:

Yes, I bought some zinc sheet from them to do up a magnetic wall. The shop owner is very helpful and best of all he speaks english :sport-smiley-018: . Highly recommended. :thumbs up:

hey people. thanks for supporting my thread. glad to know we are happily doing DIY for our homes. and i also would like to thank everyone who has pmed me to share stuff they know. Anyway, i have managed to get the boss to give me his email or the company's email so we can just email him to enquire.

Email is hiaphin@hotmail.com. i got him to promise he will reply emails within 3 days. So i hope this will help everyone. but alot of wood still needs to see to understand and believe. haha. have fun everyone.

anyway, its been proven, stainless steel screws will not rust. i have been dipping a screw i bought from them in water for the last 3 months, the boss challenged me. i ever bought a stainless steel screw from a hardware shop outside my house and it rusted. So i guess this uncle is honest. I am impressed after getting played out by some shop keepers. i only trust hoe hup and Hiap hin now.

Anyway for everyone who emailed me about stainless steel bolt and nuts, the dimensions or thickness avaiable is all metric. meaning 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm. above 12mm, u must get from those screw manufacturers.

Hiaphin@hotmail.com

In order to convenience people, you can now email to get a quote or order online at hiaphin@hotmail.com.

Any wood related item such as solid wood or plywood all can ask here. And construction hardware they also do supply so they should be able to answer your questions. Happy DIY

Hey there everyone, I was at Hiap Hin yesterday to cut some plywood to make my L Shelves. Thank you Lim for being patient and recommending such a great shop. Those people, they are really packed with everything. Bought a battery drill for 98 dollars, 9.6V. Ordered 4 piece of white laminated 5/8' plywood spray board from them. Got 10 lengths of 2inch by 1 inch chengai wood from them too. I totally forgot about the screws, luckily the boss was nice enough to take it to the road side and threw it in for free.

Great recommendation for DIY users. Glad I have found a shop like those large ones back in my country. will continue going to them. I ordered some circles for my chair, needed more time for it. Straight cuts are avaliable immediately. He offers to drill holes for the round wood.

I contacted then through email before that received a reply from this guy called AH Teck within 2 days. Thanks for helping a clueless DIY guy like me LIM. thanks again.

Hey there everyone, I was at Hiap Hin yesterday to cut some plywood to make my L Shelves. Thank you Lim for being patient and recommending such a great shop. Those people, they are really packed with everything. Bought a battery drill for 98 dollars, 9.6V. Ordered 4 piece of white laminated 5/8' plywood spray board from them. Got 10 lengths of 2inch by 1 inch chengai wood from them too. I totally forgot about the screws, luckily the boss was nice enough to take it to the road side and threw it in for free.

Great recommendation for DIY users. Glad I have found a shop like those large ones back in my country. will continue going to them. I ordered some circles for my chair, needed more time for it. Straight cuts are avaliable immediately. He offers to drill holes for the round wood.

I contacted then through email before that received a reply from this guy called AH Teck within 2 days. Thanks for helping a clueless DIY guy like me LIM. thanks again.

Hi, anyone knows any similiar shop like Hiap Hin in the east (bedok, tampines etc)? Thanks

Edited by ahwong

just received my timber. The dimensions are right and the cutting is good. Great job guys. The circle is of correct dimensions too. You are too humble to say he is using a jigsaw, its really good. Thank you. Will be my number 1 hardware shop from today

just received my timber. The dimensions are right and the cutting is good. Great job guys. The circle is of correct dimensions too. You are too humble to say he is using a jigsaw, its really good. Thank you. Will be my number 1 hardware shop from today

cool.... next project will go there!!!

Glad you liked it. Haha.