Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misc100

After Asking Hdb To Do A Valuation...

Thanks for the advise...but the problem is I am buying over the flat from my in-law and last time we agree that the house would be sold at what ever is the valuation price.

With so many defects,I don't agree with the valuation price.

well, there's always bound to have problems in one way or another when we buy over a relative's house.

Like what was mentioned above, defects dont really play a huge part in the outcome of the valuation as its more to do with current market trend, recent transaction records in the vicinity or estate as well as the number of amenities nearby.

First n foremost, u may like to ask yourself what u intend to do if u decided to proceed with a 2nd valuation and the report came out showing that the valuation had gone up? So far, the valuation for HDB is more or less quite stable but market talk is that it'll be an all time low next year and it'll be a buyers' market.

Valuation report is something that's very tricky and beyond our control. Previously when I sold my 4-room, the valuation was below 200k but 3 years later, when my buyers decided to sell, the valuation had gone up by 50k. They didnt even do any renovation and the kitchen had no cabinets as I had shifted it to my new place. My unit was on high floor, renovated and all the rooms were equip with built-in wardrobes but the stupid valuer took photos, wrote down notes and valuation was below 200k. A mid floor unit, original condition, no built-in wardrobes, paints on the ceilings for both toilets were already dropping but yet the valuation came up to 200k+. By the way,Valuations for both flats were done roughly the same time.

Seriously dont know why.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation