Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tcy81

Changing Of Hdb Main Door

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

Just to check if it is ok, to change the main door of the HDB flat ?

any rules or regulations ?

thanks

its ok to change but confirm with hdb or walk around your blk to see if hdb had changed fire rated doors for affected units. If ur blk is affected by upgrading, hdb might want u to change it to a fire rated door [note: u have to pay for it whereas hdb had done it FOC for those affected units years ago]. So unfair right?

its ok to change but confirm with hdb or walk around your blk to see if hdb had changed fire rated doors for affected units. If ur blk is affected by upgrading, hdb might want u to change it to a fire rated door [note: u have to pay for it whereas hdb had done it FOC for those affected units years ago]. So unfair right?

So i just need to change to a fire rated doors.

Well, mine only do lift upgrading ..... so need to change myself , no choice.... don't like the super old door.

So i just need to change to a fire rated doors.

Well, mine only do lift upgrading ..... so need to change myself , no choice.... don't like the super old door.

if your flat is not affected by this 'fire rated maindoor' ruling then u can just change to any normal door.

if your flat is not affected by this 'fire rated maindoor' ruling then u can just change to any normal door.

Hi, my ID told me there is a 3 metres rule to this, i.e. if your main door is more than 3 metres away from your next door neighbour, you dont have to change to a fire-rated door, a normal door will suffice. ;)

Hi, my ID told me there is a 3 metres rule to this, i.e. if your main door is more than 3 metres away from your next door neighbour, you dont have to change to a fire-rated door, a normal door will suffice. ;)

not sure about the distance but my former flat was very near lift lobby and staircase but HDB didnt change fire rated door. Called them and they did a check with my unit number and said flat not facing staircase (actually just beside) so no need fire rated door.

not sure about the distance but my former flat was very near lift lobby and staircase but HDB didnt change fire rated door. Called them and they did a check with my unit number and said flat not facing staircase (actually just beside) so no need fire rated door.

Hi hello 88,

May i know which no. did you call to check? I think my flat is going to be affected with lift upgrading, so i want to check if i need to change and what kind of door ...

Thanks!

Hi hello 88,

May i know which no. did you call to check? I think my flat is going to be affected with lift upgrading, so i want to check if i need to change and what kind of door ...

Thanks!

I called up the area office itself. Alternatively, u can go down to check with them personally or even email to them. Nowadays, they're quite particularly about service quality so they would reply to emails.

I always thought all HDB main doors must be fire graded ....

I always thought all HDB main doors must be fire graded ....

no. Not all fire rated. I dunno how HDB access the distance. The staircase landing to my current unit is about the same distance as my previous unit to the staircase yet this current unit has fire rated door fitted by HDB but they deemed it unnecessary for my previous unit.

I called up the area office itself. Alternatively, u can go down to check with them personally or even email to them. Nowadays, they're quite particularly about service quality so they would reply to emails.

Thank i agree abt the service quality nowadays..keke....k thanks,, will call up and check