Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
st002

Downlights With Electronic Ballast (eei-a2)

Hi, thought of getting downlights with electronic ballast, the high frequency type, with EEI-A2 rating. But was quite surprise most of the shops at balestier don't sell...any1 got any good lobang for this? and do u know how much is it? thank u! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

we bought our electronic ballast downlight at one of the shop in balestier (AF lighting). Got 2 yr warranty for the ballast. =)

More expensive than the usual ones...hopefully it can last us a while.

Good service from the boss.

:lol:

we bought our electronic ballast downlight at one of the shop in balestier (AF lighting). Got 2 yr warranty for the ballast. =)

More expensive than the usual ones...hopefully it can last us a while.

Good service from the boss.

:lol:

bro st002 do u have the pics of the eletronics ballast and ur downlight?? can share it here??

f_downlightm_9027654.jpg

Haha...1st time posting pic, hope it works. =p

Btw, the ballast they will need to change to HEP Tech one...the one in picture is not changed yet.

Hope it helps.

Think if u free, maybe can go down to AF lighting during weekends, and ask for the demo so u can have clearer picture. =)

Hi, thought of getting downlights with electronic ballast, the high frequency type, with EEI-A2 rating. But was quite surprise most of the shops at balestier don't sell...any1 got any good lobang for this? and do u know how much is it? thank u! :)

watever ur requirement, make sure u get those downlights that are "easy to open and change bulbs" type....during my shopping, i was lucky the seller did not push me the old type downlights that wil cause damage to L Box during bulb changing...yesterday jus took one out to clean...jus unclick the glass panel, it was a breeze...very happy with the choice... :P

Hi st002

mind to share how much u pay for each of these downlights?

$60 with the high frequency electronic ballast...

What watt? For 2 x 13w? About $18 extra?

Ya loh, u got it for $18 extra on elect ballast? Haha...u r better at bargaining than me. :D

Ya loh, u got it for $18 extra on elect ballast? Haha...u r better at bargaining than me. :D

Hi... can enlighten what is a ballast?

Sorry, newbie here.

Rgds

tad

f_downlightm_9027654.jpg

Haha...1st time posting pic, hope it works. =p

Btw, the ballast they will need to change to HEP Tech one...the one in picture is not changed yet.

Hope it helps.

Think if u free, maybe can go down to AF lighting during weekends, and ask for the demo so u can have clearer picture. =)

Hi st002,

The tilting of the socket is controlled by a lever.

Once installed, the lever is not easily accessible (i.e. hidden in false ceiling).

Hi... can enlighten what is a ballast?

Sorry, newbie here.

Rgds

tad

for downlights - get those without ballast. cos when the ballast kaputz - you will have a hard time trying to replace it.

for downlights - get those without ballast. cos when the ballast kaputz - you will have a hard time trying to replace it.

may i ask where to get downlights w/o ballast? i asked my friend, he said all got ballast, really confused now... :wacko:

thx for help.

may i ask where to get downlights w/o ballast? i asked my friend, he said all got ballast, really confused now... :wacko:

thx for help.

it's everywhere. downlights that uses energy saving bulbs.

bulb burnt, change bulb. cos the ballast is inside the $5 energy saving bulb.

choice is - replace a $5 bulb or

remove the downlight or pull out the wires and replace the $15 ballast?

if you dont know how to change - got to pay for a electrician to do it for you some more.

We thought of that before too...but those w/o ballast will get hot faster, and burnt out faster. So actually it'll cause more pollution since those bulbs will use some toxic inside. It's easy for consumer, but bad for environment...

There's also disadvantage of using the one we bought, not only ex, but also the bulbs are 4 pins kind, not easily can buy from ntuc etc...

But the titling part, the boss shown us in the store, also mounted, still can work.

And to remove the entire unit, also quite easy, just push the curved metal part.