Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohck

Solar Film For Windows

Hi,

My living area faces the west so I am thinking of putting solar film on the windows. Anybody has any advice or recommendation for brand/type of solar film?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

My living area faces the west so I am thinking of putting solar film on the windows. Anybody has any advice or recommendation for brand/type of solar film?

I using film from window-cool. Service quite bad. They broke my blind string, promise to replace but never come back again after payment collected.

I using film from window-cool. Service quite bad. They broke my blind string, promise to replace but never come back again after payment collected.

I am using Sun-x for the windows in my place. They are quite good - but bear in mind that the film have a life-span of about 5 years.. after that, need to remove and put up new ones.

http://www.sun-x.com.sg/

I am using Sun-x for the windows in my place. They are quite good - but bear in mind that the film have a life-span of about 5 years.. after that, need to remove and put up new ones.

http://www.sun-x.com.sg/

i am also thinking of installing film but was looking at Ikea self apply type till now.

may i know how many windows panes you have it installed? and what is the $ damages?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi! I'm also thinking of getting solar film for my windows. I just submitted a quotation request via the sun-x website.

Any other suppliers to recommend? :) TIA!

Forgot to add....please also let me know the average price. I'm really new to this. Thanks~

You can called up Serene from Jestac, they are the authorized 3m solar film dealer. I think is 14 bucks per sqfeet

(65) 6288 8290

http://www.jestac.com.sg/

Just tell Serene is Eric from Pasir Panjang!

Thanks

I'm getting Perfect Windows to come down to my place to fix on 20th. It cost total $300 for the whole house and it has 5 years warranty period. I also asked Sun X to come to my place to quote...very exp.

I'm getting Perfect Windows to come down to my place to fix on 20th. It cost total $300 for the whole house and it has 5 years warranty period. I also asked Sun X to come to my place to quote...very exp.

any contact or website for perfect windows? need a quote from them also

Thanks in advance

Hi fredrick_chia

Any contacts for Perfect Windows? :)

I just spoke to Sun-X, they wanted to come my place today to quote but I told them i'll call them back as I won't be home until very late. hehe.

i am also thinking of installing film but was looking at Ikea self apply type till now.

may i know how many windows panes you have it installed? and what is the $ damages?

Thanks!

hi, think the sun-x was like $4.50 per sq ft or something.. think total i paid like 2k+ for the entire house, except kitchen windows - mbr (5 panels)

- 2 bedrooms (5 panels each)

- side balcony (4 panels)

- balcony (6 panels)

i tried self apply (not ikea, but some korean brand that i got from the market) - it blocks of the sun, but does not reduce the heat..

basically the film reduces the glare that comes into the house - i have a mbr which gets the full frontal of the sun in the morning (but if i close the windows at like 15 degrees angle and close the curtains.. can still sleep :) with fan.. no aircon..

Consolidating pricing:

3M-$14 psfr

Sun-X - $4.50 psft

Anybody else have pricing information about other brand of solar film?

Consolidating pricing:

3M-$14 psfr

Sun-X - $4.50 psft

Anybody else have pricing information about other brand of solar film?

Oh ok adding perfect window - Perfect 60 --> 6.5 to 8 psf, Perfect 70 --> 12-14psf depending on difficulty of installation

3M: $14 psfr

Sun-X: $4.50 psft

Perfect 60: $6.5-$8 psfr

Perfect 70: $12-$14 psfr

Edited by sohck