Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohck

Solar Film For Windows

I think I'm going with Sun-X. :)

The films start from $4 to $6.50 psf, installation charges at additional $80.00. For 3 bedrooms + living room, I will pay about $900++ to $1000+.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I think I'm going with Sun-X. :)

The films start from $4 to $6.50 psf, installation charges at additional $80.00. For 3 bedrooms + living room, I will pay about $900++ to $1000+.

Great. Let us know if the solar film can effectively block off the heat and light.

When do you intend to do the installation?

I've gotten a quote from 3M, they have $6-$7psf range. Didn't get a proper quote yet because I haven't give her my window sizes. Maybe too reflective for my liking but are they others in the market which can block out heat >80% and yet not so reflective?

I've gotten a quote from 3M, they have $6-$7psf range. Didn't get a proper quote yet because I haven't give her my window sizes. Maybe too reflective for my liking but are they others in the market which can block out heat >80% and yet not so reflective?

Hey i got another quote from Zen Car Services Jimmy, he has $3 psf to $7 psf....similiar to Perfect window 60 and 70

http://zencar.com.sg/

Yup there is 6-7 dollars but reflective and may not be approved by the condo management. The 12-14 bucks are clearer types

Hi! I'm also thinking of getting solar film for my windows. I just submitted a quotation request via the sun-x website.

Any other suppliers to recommend? :) TIA!

can try sunshield

Hi All,

Gotten quotations from Sun-X ($5.60psf) & Llumar($4+ - $7) (Window Cool) solar films, both more or less similar pricing to cover my west facing windows. Any idea which brand is better?

Read from above that Sun-x’s life span is only 5 years but the plus point is they are used in Changi T3 (from its website)…

How about Perfect Windows as an alternative?

i just checked the v-kool singapore website; the range of solar films they have for residential is i-que - these are a few different kinds, and you can check the estimated costs on the website for your length of windows.

http://www.v-kool.com.sg/Get_IQue.asp?cat=archi

doesn't come cheap tho....at least not for the length of windows i entered

Hmm, look like if I was something to reduce heat, it will be reflective? Sigh... isn't there something that can reduce heat and yet be approved by condo? I also have afternoon sun issues.

Hmm, look like if I was something to reduce heat, it will be reflective? Sigh... isn't there something that can reduce heat and yet be approved by condo? I also have afternoon sun issues.

Solar films need not be reflective. Especially those for cars one.

thinking about installing solar film.

anyone with feedback on its effectiveness?

If I am not wrong, all solar film comes with the specifications. So as long as we choose the ones with higher heat rejection, it should be good enough. And I do not want to want to pay such a high price for those like 3M which cost about $15 per sqft.

If I am not wrong, all solar film comes with the specifications. So as long as we choose the ones with higher heat rejection, it should be good enough. And I do not want to want to pay such a high price for those like 3M which cost about $15 per sqft.

if you buy low-e windows, is there a need to get solar film?

Hi,

My living area faces the west so I am thinking of putting solar film on the windows. Anybody has any advice or recommendation for brand/type of solar film?

Hi,

My living room also facing west. Direct WEST!!

Have you installed the solar film? Does it helps?

Thanks