Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piggybank

Problems With Hdb Inspection

After the house inspection (before the 1st appt), will the buyer be contacted if there are unapproved reno done to the house?

My first appt is in July and I received the HDB notification on the dates, also was informed that the inspection is on early June (last week), so it was done already, but I didn't received any news from my agent, etc ..... can I assume that all was ok??

Also, in the HDB letter, it mentined that I should get my own inspector to inspect the house, what's this for? Is it required? I thought HDB inspection should be quite stringent already .... first time buying flat, very blur on all these stuff :unsure: ....

i think buyer would not be informed of the unapproved reno...so far that's what I know. When i was a seller the other time, it was solely between me and the hdb officer who 'pester' me to settle the outstanding issue otherwise 2nd appt date would be delayed. My buyer was not kept in the loop on the matter.

get your own inspector? not aware of this. I think i go check my letter to see if there's any mention of this own inspector to inspect the house.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After the house inspection (before the 1st appt), will the buyer be contacted if there are unapproved reno done to the house?

My first appt is in July and I received the HDB notification on the dates, also was informed that the inspection is on early June (last week), so it was done already, but I didn't received any news from my agent, etc ..... can I assume that all was ok??

Also, in the HDB letter, it mentined that I should get my own inspector to inspect the house, what's this for? Is it required? I thought HDB inspection should be quite stringent already .... first time buying flat, very blur on all these stuff :unsure: ....

I have got a problem. My buyer just signed the option with us and my agent told us that the HDB will send someone to inspect our house to make sure that my reno was approved by HDB.

As my reno was done 10 years ago, I could not locate the HDB approval letter. I am sure that there is an approval letter which the contractor stick outside the house during renovation and he had engaged a PUB licensed electrician and plumber to apply for heater license etc.

However, when I called HDB customer svc line yesterday to confirm that HDB has all the records, I was shocked when the officer in charge told me that there was no approval letter at all...

How can this be possible???

just wait for the officer to do the inspection. No need to fish out your approval letter. The purpose of inspection is to check for renos that do not comply with HDB regulations eg. platforms that are above the standard limit, removal of certain hdb fixtures, etc

I have got a problem. My buyer just signed the option with us and my agent told us that the HDB will send someone to inspect our house to make sure that my reno was approved by HDB.

As my reno was done 10 years ago, I could not locate the HDB approval letter. I am sure that there is an approval letter which the contractor stick outside the house during renovation and he had engaged a PUB licensed electrician and plumber to apply for heater license etc.

However, when I called HDB customer svc line yesterday to confirm that HDB has all the records, I was shocked when the officer in charge told me that there was no approval letter at all...

How can this be possible???

i don't know how the lawyer side do.

U taking bank loan. should have a lawyer represent you as a buyer, right?

Ask him for advice.

Can help noticing ur nick... fish keeper?

Yes, HDB awared of this illegal reno. I dun wish to delay completion leh coz no place to stay after mth end.

Check with lawyer abt compensation? You mean the lawyer that help to process of resale transaction? We taking bank loan.

Thanks.

i don't know how the lawyer side do.

U taking bank loan. should have a lawyer represent you as a buyer, right?

Ask him for advice.

1. Does HDB knew abt the illegal reno? If yes, seller need to revert back to original stage. Failing for do so, Delay of completion.

2. Ask for compensation.. hmm.. check with lawyer.

Yes, HDB awared of this illegal reno. I dun wish to delay completion leh coz no place to stay after mth end.

Check with lawyer abt compensation? You mean the lawyer that help to process of resale transaction? We taking bank loan.

Thanks.

Hi all, I am buyer, now waiting for 2nd Appt. This house I bought have some illegal reno works like bomb shelter being boxed up. Is this the seller responsibilities to revert back to original stage? If the seller never do so when completion date, what will happen ah? Delay of completion date? In this case, can i ask for some sort of compensation? As currently I am renting house and oledy informed landlord to move out end of this mth.

So worry as accidentally found out the seller not even find any contractor yet. :(

1. Does HDB knew abt the illegal reno? If yes, seller need to revert back to original stage. Failing for do so, Delay of completion.

2. Ask for compensation.. hmm.. check with lawyer.

Hi all, I am buyer, now waiting for 2nd Appt. This house I bought have some illegal reno works like bomb shelter being boxed up. Is this the seller responsibilities to revert back to original stage? If the seller never do so when completion date, what will happen ah? Delay of completion date? In this case, can i ask for some sort of compensation? As currently I am renting house and oledy informed landlord to move out end of this mth.

So worry as accidentally found out the seller not even find any contractor yet. :(

HDB inspections are conducted before 1st appointment nowadays. If the layout of the flat u intend to buy differs from the original floor plan and u're worried about the approval and illegal reno then u can try calling HDB area office to check with them. Tell them your dilemma.

Thanks for your advise!

but how do we know if that wall has been approved? Through HDB inspection right after 1st appt?

HDB inspections are conducted before 1st appointment nowadays. If the layout of the flat u intend to buy differs from the original floor plan and u're worried about the approval and illegal reno then u can try calling HDB area office to check with them. Tell them your dilemma.

but how do we know if that wall has been approved? Through HDB inspection right after 1st appt?

if the wall is shifted illegal, HDB will tell the seller to revoke back to the HDB original.

If u plan to shift a wall, remember to ask the contractor to show you the HDB approval and keep it safe.