Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Teddy Seah

Recommend Good, Reliable And Not Very Exp Contractors To Me?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just make sure that you do not advanced cash payment and ensured that he/she who is your contractor had the HDB license. Ask he/she to show you the HDB license ID before enaging this kind of deal. I, myself was once a victim too believing into the story and I end up in this situation.

Well, having HDB license contractor may or may not had good workmanship quality but it at least assure you that when DISPUTE arrived you have something to safeguard on. A terrible mistake that I had made by believing that a contractor who claimed that he can do permit using his friend's company. Later did I found out that the Company is just an empty shell. I am still tracing this issue and every evidence I am still keeping till today incase this unreliable want to dispute again.

Hi Teddy,

Not sure if you are more keen to settle for a renovaton contractor or ID?

For my partner and myself, we have recently bought a 5 room resale flat in Jurong West. I was reluctant to choose an ID as I think they obviously over-charge you and are always ready to charge you for every little thing you want them to touch up. The other reason is that we can take this opportunity to "design" our new flat together and see how things turn up and learn some skills and knowledge from it.

After going to a few IDs for quotation, I am even more convinced that I need a contractor who will charge me the same price for at least 50% more things done. We have bought some interior design magazines to study how to plan space and design. So I would suggest you look for a contractor too if possible.

For us, we are very thankful we found a contractor who has not only good design sense and drawing skills, but more importantly, he is responsible and is not calculative at all, about the addition charges an ID would charge me for. We are in the midst of our renovation and has been very happy with him this far. He listens to our requests and offer his suggestions to improve them. He is always present at site to ensure the major works are done correctly. I think he is really worth recommending to.

His name is Jason Goh from U and B. Would drop his contact number here if you are keen...

Hi may i have Jason's contact? my email is babydalmatian@hotmail.com

On Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM, yvonho said:

Hi i1fang & bashful,

is Jason renovating for both your homes? mine too! Care to share your experience? actually I started another thread on Jason..

Do agree that some areas cheaper, but some a bit more expensive.. felt that he is very honest and not calculative..

Hi can pm me his contact, thks

Hi,

I just did my my home, previously i went around to look for many quotes from many different companies. And finally came to a conclusion that diff id company quotation are diff as  only they themselves know what they are quoting as design and materials used are diff, some tried to pull a quick deal off where they themselves are not sure and not knowledgable. I personally feel that having a responsible contractor or ID is very important.

In the end decided to use a ID that is introduce to me by a friend which have engaged their service before.

If u really need my ID or Contractors contact feel free to let me know

On 8/6/2009 at 10:41 PM, bashfulsim said:

Hi Teddy,

Not sure if you are more keen to settle for a renovaton contractor or ID?

For my partner and myself, we have recently bought a 5 room resale flat in Jurong West. I was reluctant to choose an ID as I think they obviously over-charge you and are always ready to charge you for every little thing you want them to touch up. The other reason is that we can take this opportunity to "design" our new flat together and see how things turn up and learn some skills and knowledge from it.

After going to a few IDs for quotation, I am even more convinced that I need a contractor who will charge me the same price for at least 50% more things done. We have bought some interior design magazines to study how to plan space and design. So I would suggest you look for a contractor too if possible.

For us, we are very thankful we found a contractor who has not only good design sense and drawing skills, but more importantly, he is responsible and is not calculative at all, about the addition charges an ID would charge me for. We are in the midst of our renovation and has been very happy with him this far. He listens to our requests and offer his suggestions to improve them. He is always present at site to ensure the major works are done correctly. I think he is really worth recommending to.

His name is Jason Goh from U and B. Would drop his contact number here if you are keen...

Hi able to pm me his details? thanks.

ardorscent@gmail.com