Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jcwp

Lg Tv

Hi

Would like to find out if LG TV are good? Thinking to buy LG as the price are within our budget and the picture quality seems like good. Any users of LG with any comments or recommendations?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi

Would like to find out if LG TV are good? Thinking to buy LG as the price are within our budget and the picture quality seems like good. Any users of LG with any comments or recommendations?

hi bro im using LG scarlet LG60 42" in my parents house...overall happy with the purchase...i thk its strong point is its vibrancy of colour...very nice, design is modern too but the weak point is in the sharpness when watching football (i am avid follower of BPL and Champ League)....it is smooth but the image could b sharper i think...the other downside (from my dad consideration) was the durability of the brand (our previous philips 29" CRT served us without a hitch for more than 10yrs) but that was kinda solved by purchasing additional warranty...which we did...

would say no regrets... :P

hi bro im using LG scarlet LG60 42" in my parents house...overall happy with the purchase...i thk its strong point is its vibrancy of colour...very nice, design is modern too but the weak point is in the sharpness when watching football (i am avid follower of BPL and Champ League)....it is smooth but the image could b sharper i think...the other downside (from my dad consideration) was the durability of the brand (our previous philips 29" CRT served us without a hitch for more than 10yrs) but that was kinda solved by purchasing additional warranty...which we did...

would say no regrets... :P

Thanks. I have scarlet as well.. Very pretty tv. But tink wont be getting scarlet..

Well.. How long did ut TV last before it require a "doctor"? As i understand, only harvey norman has the extened warranty.

Any other places.

hmm.. Somehow juz feel the LCD/Plasma TV is not as "lasting" as CRT. Technology improves too fast.

Guess nothing to do brands .. right?

Thanks. I have scarlet as well.. Very pretty tv. But tink wont be getting scarlet..

Well.. How long did ut TV last before it require a "doctor"? As i understand, only harvey norman has the extened warranty.

Any other places.

hmm.. Somehow juz feel the LCD/Plasma TV is not as "lasting" as CRT. Technology improves too fast.

Guess nothing to do brands .. right?

Hi, if i may give some input.

It all depends what youre looking for & budget. Some prefer LCD, some prefer plasma. Some goes for certain brands. In the end, let your eyes & wallet decide which TV is good for you.

As for "lasting", the onus is on the owners' care taking of the LCD/plasma.

I presently have a Panasonic 42" Plasma (upgraded from samsung 40" series 6) Plasma has plus points when watching HD formats such as Blurays. So far, no downside yet. Color is vibrant. Black is black. And watching movies at the comfort of home (complete with surround sound) is a whole new experience that me & my wife have not stepped into the cinema since

:P

Went to PC Show today and saw this full HD LCD model (42" LF20FR) selling at $1249.

LG plasma going at $899 (without free gifts) & $1399 (with free gifts > a pair of Transformer movie tickets & either a 22" LCD TV or a home theatre set).. But the plasma set is only HD ready...

Anyone has any comment or know if this price is worth getting these 2 sets?

Went to PC Show today and saw this full HD LCD model (42" LF20FR) selling at $1249.

LG plasma going at $899 (without free gifts) & $1399 (with free gifts > a pair of Transformer movie tickets & either a 22" LCD TV or a home theatre set).. But the plasma set is only HD ready...

Anyone has any comment or know if this price is worth getting these 2 sets?

Hi

I would strongly suggest to get a Full HD plasma or LCD TV. Reason being is that HD ready TVs are being phased out. That is why the prices have plummet. Subsequently, there's no spare parts or replacement units for HD ready TVs. Furthermore, Full HD TV is the market norm now as watching bluray on a full HD is a very enriching experience.

Lastly a Full HD TV cost difference is negligible as compared to a HD ready TV.

Cheers

I bought a LH50 series 42" LCD TV FULL HD.

Barely one weeks old and nothing to complain yet. lol.

I definitely enjoy one feature which I did not expect...

that is plugging into my new tv with my mobile hard disk with some avi and mp4 movies and watched it....wah seh... no horse run, gotta love it! easy plug in, scroll to the movie and press play.

have yet to try laptop connection to TV yet....

very very happy.

I bought a LH50 series 42" LCD TV FULL HD.

Barely one weeks old and nothing to complain yet. lol.

I definitely enjoy one feature which I did not expect...

that is plugging into my new tv with my mobile hard disk with some avi and mp4 movies and watched it....wah seh... no horse run, gotta love it! easy plug in, scroll to the movie and press play.

have yet to try laptop connection to TV yet....

very very happy.

Don't you need a player?

Don't you need a player?

no need, it has one USB port that allows you to plug in a thumbdrive or mobile harddisk. It can read video format of avi, mp4, play music mp3 and read .jpg picture files. Incredible! I watched some movies that manner and it was fantastic! Of course, if you have lots of dvd, then you need a dvd player and just connect it to the hdmi port, works great too.

Just connected and tested my laptop connection, hahaha, really no horse run! :D

hi..

juz bought 42" Lcd LG LH35FD & LG HT762PZ home theater..

izit worth?

friend of mine comment its not good.

Good or not good is depending on your own budget and liking. Why bother what people says? I am planning to get a LG too because I want a 50 inch and LG is the only one that meets my budget for this size. Any brand also can break down, so just depreciate your set over 5 years, if after 5 years, still working then is a bonus to you. if not working, just get a new one and not that headpain.

Made the mistake of getting an LG LCD tv in 2007. First one died in 2 days. Store replaced it. Second one had very uneven backlighting and backlight bleeding problem. Second set replaced FOC by LG. Third set ok so far, but I made a big noise and got extra 2-yrs warranty for free. I would not get anything from LG again.

Hi,

Previously, I have my doubts about LG products except my fridge which has been serving me well since 2001. My old Toshiba whcih was used for more than 10 years had "kar-poo!

I was looking around for either a Toshiba or Panasonic TV until I came across Courts selling the LF42R (Full HD LCD) TV at $899 at Megatex Exhibition which I felt is a rather a good price. It came delivered on 24 Dec 09 and so far so gd and I liked it!

As for the extended warranty, I did not get the extra 2 years warranty from COURTS as I was thinking the standard 3 years warranty by LG should be sufficient. Really in the event if it karpoo after the 3rd year then I think by time the prices of LCD TV would have dropped a lot too! :D

Hi,

Previously, I have my doubts about LG products except my fridge which has been serving me well since 2001. My old Toshiba whcih was used for more than 10 years had "kar-poo!

I was looking around for either a Toshiba or Panasonic TV until I came across Courts selling the LF42R (Full HD LCD) TV at $899 at Megatex Exhibition which I felt is a rather a good price. It came delivered on 24 Dec 09 and so far so gd and I liked it!

As for the extended warranty, I did not get the extra 2 years warranty from COURTS as I was thinking the standard 3 years warranty by LG should be sufficient. Really in the event if it karpoo after the 3rd year then I think by time the prices of LCD TV would have dropped a lot too! :D

Personally, I felt it is worthwhile to pay the extra 10% for the extra 2 yrs warranty. I bought my 32in LCD TV 4 yrs ago with the extended warranty, then end last year, the pic didnt come on after a few mins, called the service people, they came and bring the whole LCD TV back, called me a few days later and said, no more spare parts, gave me a voucher and i used that to purchase a brand new 42in LCD TV, I only paid $150 to top up the price diff and also the 5 yrs warranty.