Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
his.beloved.child

Movers To Recommend

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was quoted 320 for 20 boxes and some loose furniture from Shalom.

Initially I thought the price was a little bit high, but when the men came, they were friendly and professional.

They bubblewrapped everything that was fragile and as I was still in the process of packing, even helped putting kitchenware in boxes and wrapping them up.

Boxes and tape were provided.

I was uneasy when I saw that the men were Muslim - I have a dog, and would have a hard time keeping her away from the men in the midst of all the mess since their religion dictates that dogs aren't "clean" creatures. Since I needed to move her crate and stuff, and I thought it might pose an additional challenge for the movers. I apologized and kept her out of the way as much as possible and the men were very polite about the whole situation, even saying that they had no problems moving her items.

We went over the 20 boxes allotted, and ended up taking an extra 5 boxes from them. No extra charge, no complaints.

On top of that they were forced to wait 45 minutes outside of the security post for clearance to redeliver the items. Again, they did it without bearing any grudges, smiling and helping shift furniture where we wanted.

In the end I was so impressed with their service that I tipped them 50 dollars for making my moving day less traumatic than it could have been!

Needless to say if I ever move again I would do it with this company. I'm sure I could have gotten cheaper deals elsewhere but I'd rather pay a little more and spare myself the headache!

I will like to recommend MissionLand. It is also a yeloow ribbon project. Service is good and reliable.

They charge me $160 ( special rate ) for a King size bed frame and matress, few pictures frame and about 50 boxes.

They also need to climb up 2 flights of stairs for both the new and the old house, as both house are non-lift landing.

Usual rate is about $180 - $200.

PM me for contact.

Hi DNKY, can I get the contact for Missionland from you? Thank you!

I also used Elite Movers for my shift back in Dec 08. I have no complaints about them. The guys were all Singaporeans and have no qualms about our special requests. Although price is slightly high, they do take extreme care of your delicate stuff and furniture. I even stored my stuff in their warehouse for a month prior to moving into my new home. The boss even personally came down to supervise his workers. Boxes are provided free of charge as long as you return them after the move. Cheers!

For that price, I believe they do take extreme care when they move the furniture. If I engage them and they do a good job, of course no regrets. After all they are professional movers, maybe about the same as Shalom since Shalom price also on the higher side. I spoke to them and they are very polite, sounded very professional indeed.

Just that I think they should be honest about the piano part. They can say they are very good at moving pianos so I should have peace of mind but they can't lie saying that they are yamaha's contractor for shifting piano lor. Yeah..guess business people are like this.

I also used Elite Movers for my shift back in Dec 08. I have no complaints about them. The guys were all Singaporeans and have no qualms about our special requests. Although price is slightly high, they do take extreme care of your delicate stuff and furniture. I even stored my stuff in their warehouse for a month prior to moving into my new home. The boss even personally came down to supervise his workers. Boxes are provided free of charge as long as you return them after the move. Cheers!

Hi, I'm also looking for mover. Elite movers quoted me $550 for shifting

-queen size mattress and bedframe

-washing machine

-fridge

-microwave, toaster oven

-one book shelf

-piano

-portasound keyboard and stand

-clothes and 40 boxes

I found it expensive and also wanted Yamaha to shift my piano instead for peace of mind. So I called Elite back to give me a new quotation, minus the piano. They told me they are Yamaha's contractor for moving pianos and Yamaha will refer me back to them one. But I called Yamaha and Yamaha said there is no such thing. Wah, Elite movers lie to me lor.

Besides mover 168, any other movers to recommend? Does 168 provide free boxes? Thanks.

Try this guy 9088 8890 Albert.

Hi, I'm also looking for mover. Elite movers quoted me $550 for shifting

-queen size mattress and bedframe

-washing machine

-fridge

-microwave, toaster oven

-one book shelf

-piano

-portasound keyboard and stand

-clothes and 40 boxes

I found it expensive and also wanted Yamaha to shift my piano instead for peace of mind. So I called Elite back to give me a new quotation, minus the piano. They told me they are Yamaha's contractor for moving pianos and Yamaha will refer me back to them one. But I called Yamaha and Yamaha said there is no such thing. Wah, Elite movers lie to me lor.

Besides mover 168, any other movers to recommend? Does 168 provide free boxes? Thanks.

Hi xherion,

Its not a plasma. Its actually a LCD (table top). Its really ex. Hiaz.........

wah thats quite expensive....

is your plasma tv currently mounted on the wall? if it is, can they dismantle the bracket also and move it?

hi, can i also have the contact details of Mover 168? TIA

movers 168: 81687818 ...:)

I used Mover 168. They charged me $268 for a truck load full (2 queen size beds with bedframe, fridge, washing machine, 30 boxes of stuffs plus others... :P i got lots too many stuffs after staying at a 4A for 2 years)... They wrap up everything that's not in box with plastic wrap for protection. Quite professional and efficient.

hi, can i also have the contact details of Mover 168? TIA

wah thats quite expensive....

is your plasma tv currently mounted on the wall? if it is, can they dismantle the bracket also and move it?