Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
his.beloved.child

Movers To Recommend

Hi guys,

My goodness.. Shalom quoted me $ $475/-. SO EX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And below are the items that I am shifting only...Anyone got others to recommend??? I will be calling Jimmy soon.

The cost of your removal service is *$475/- (nett-no GST required) which includes the following:

• Removal service of Kitchen: fridge, washer; Spare room: diplomat; Living room; plasma TV, HIFI; Room1: 10 won cartons, clothes trolley; Store room: 9 own cartons; room2: queen bed, clothing inclusive of manpower and transport;

• Necessary wrapping of furniture inclusive of labour and materials;

• Necessary dismantling/assembling of furniture;

• Specialized handling of plasma TV;

• Long-push service at old location;

• Provision of 20 recycled cartons (20”x16”x16”), 2 wardrobe cartons, ½ roll of bubble pak, and 3 PVC tapes for packing.

Exclude: a) Packing / Unpacking

b) All other items

c) Mounting of plasma TV

Optional: If any item cannot enter the lift and has to be carried by stairs is at *$5/- for 1 or 2 men per floor/level

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Tsubame & his.beloved.child, have PMed you guys Movers 168 number. Sorry for the late reply as i was busy unpacking my stuffs. wanted to unpack everything before posting more photos in my blog... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi guys, sorry lost the number for mover 168. thought i kept it with all the rest of my receipt but apparently not...:( i'm trying to contact another guy whom i think i pm him the number before. Waiting for his reply.

Hi shkeat, thanks for the effort. Wait for your reply. :)

hi shkeat,

pls pm me no to mover 168 as well. I only have the following things to shift.

1 queen sized bed

1 32' TV

maybe 30 boxes

Hi guys, sorry lost the number for mover 168. thought i kept it with all the rest of my receipt but apparently not...:( i'm trying to contact another guy whom i think i pm him the number before. Waiting for his reply.

I will like to recommend MissionLand. It is also a yeloow ribbon project. Service is good and reliable.

They charge me $160 ( special rate ) for a King size bed frame and matress, few pictures frame and about 50 boxes.

They also need to climb up 2 flights of stairs for both the new and the old house, as both house are non-lift landing.

Usual rate is about $180 - $200.

PM me for contact.

When we shifted, we were recommended Renewal Self-Development movers. Basically, it is to support the Yellow Ribbon Project. It is understandable if we are feeling wary about them but they did rather pretty good job. The supervisor was friendly and made sure that all our barangs were taken care.

We packed our own stuffs. Bought bubblepak separately to wrap delicate/fragile items.

In my opinion, their charges were rather reasonable. From central area to JE with two diversions, we were charged $200 + $60.

hi shkeat,

pls pm me no to mover 168 as well. I only have the following things to shift.

1 queen sized bed

1 32' TV

maybe 30 boxes

I'll PM you tonight cause i don't their number with me now. They charge by truck load so if all your stuffs can fit into 1 truck, then it's only 268...:)

Hi shkeat, mind pm me the contacts for Mover 168?

Am looking for movers, and are getting quotations abv S$300 from Shalom and Elite for:

TV console x1

L-shaped sofa x1

Daybed x1

Chest of drawers x1

Water feature x1

Papasan chair x1

Cartons maybe 60? (I'm using own cartons from my workplace, so no need cartons fm movers. The cartons are all standard size.)

The quotations were given via email, do we have to request for on-site quotation? :( I didn't think I have that many things to move. It should all easily fit into 1 load. I'm moving from a 4-rm flat.

I'll PM you tonight cause i don't their number with me now. They charge by truck load so if all your stuffs can fit into 1 truck, then it's only 268...:)

I used Mover 168. They charged me $268 for a truck load full (2 queen size beds with bedframe, fridge, washing machine, 30 boxes of stuffs plus others... :P i got lots too many stuffs after staying at a 4A for 2 years)... They wrap up everything that's not in box with plastic wrap for protection. Quite professional and efficient.

Hi shkeat, mind pm me the contacts for Mover 168?

Am looking for movers, and are getting quotations abv S$300 from Shalom and Elite for:

TV console x1

L-shaped sofa x1

Daybed x1

Chest of drawers x1

Water feature x1

Papasan chair x1

Cartons maybe 60? (I'm using own cartons from my workplace, so no need cartons fm movers. The cartons are all standard size.)

The quotations were given via email, do we have to request for on-site quotation? :( I didn't think I have that many things to move. It should all easily fit into 1 load. I'm moving from a 4-rm flat.

Hi praisey,

Thanks for sharing. Are they good? I went to their website and seems that they have many testimonials. Anything to look out for (i.e: things to take note on)?

i used them too. $380 for 4 room flat. 30 free carton boxes (used)

I used Mover 168. They charged me $268 for a truck load full (2 queen size beds with bedframe, fridge, washing machine, 30 boxes of stuffs plus others... :P i got lots too many stuffs after staying at a 4A for 2 years)... They wrap up everything that's not in box with plastic wrap for protection. Quite professional and efficient.

Hi,

I'm looking for professional movers as well since i have quite a few heavy furnitures.

Just curious, does Shalom bubble-wrap the furnitures before moving them. Could they do dis-assembling/assembling furnitures?

Thanks.

Hi,

Anyone has any movers that are good to recommend? How much does a mover charge?

Sorry I cannot recommend any, because I used 4 separate movers and all gave me problem. But I wish to highlight my experience so you may possibly avoid my unhappy experience if you can:

Mover 1 agreed on a price some 1-2 months ahead of the moving. Last minute price was changed by them, so I decided on another one, not because of price but I hate dealing with people without integrity. LESSON: Make sure you have something in writing, altho most don't give black-and-white agreement. Simply just write on a piece of paper and get the movers to sign. This will save much argument later.

Mover 2 agreed on items, price and time over the phone. When the workers arrived on the scheduled date, the supervisor said he cannot do the job because the items are more, are heavier, or the fridge needs dismantling to go thro the door, or the double bed is too big, or the wardrobe is too big and heavy and must be taken down the stairs, etc. They have a hundred-and-one excuses simply to make you pay more at the last minute before they will move your items. Finally, as my brother had taken leave to help with the moving, I decided to let the supervisor / workers move whatever they felt was within the price I had prior agreed with the office. End of the day, only 3/4 of the items were moved. And I had to look for another mover for the rest.

Again, I didn't give in to their extortion trick but stuck to the agreed price, though obviously I was on the losing end. LESSON: This is a common trick, so word-of-mouth recommendation is important. That is, use a mover who has been engaged by someone you know (not recommended by people you don't know because some movers use friends to recommend on forums like this - my experience in one case ). And tell the mover-office before they sned the workers that the price is firm and fixed and you will not pay any higher price even if the workers didn't agree later. Problem is, most "office" hires third-party bangla workers to do the moving and it is these blanga workers who get "cheated" because the office don't tell them exactly what items would be moved, to deflate the hiring price so the office pays a lower rate to the workers !

Mover 3 did the job on agreed items, price and time. But the supervisor was chinese with 2 other chinese workers, and two others were blangla. And you know what? The chinese workers with the supervisor simply did the "talking", did only a little packing and moving, then sat down to idle the rest of the time while the 2 poor bangla workers did all the work ! They were bullying the bangla workers. Obviously when I bought drinks I gave only to the bangla workers. Complaining to the office was useless because the workers were all hired "off-the-street". LESSON: Ask the office who will be the workers. I didn't have worker problem with mover 4 because all were bangla workers, so no exploitation by one group against another.

Mover 4 did the rest of the job. Nothing to complain because it was a small job requiring only one trip. But I can't recommend because again it was simply an "office" that hired workers off-the-street. Thus there is no assurance you will get good treatment because the same office use different workers depending on the workers' availability.

I am unwilling to name names because this is their rice-bowl, movers are very competitive, and naming names doesn't solve the problem. Sometimes you get good work, sometimes you don't. The office blames the workers, the workers blame the office for "over-selling". I don't know who is to blame, so to be fair, just to share the problem with forumers so you will be better prepared to negotiate.

All the best !

Edited by BlueFly