Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
st002

Should I Reject These?

Hi, doing my reno now. While i was oversea, the wrought iron grilles people came and install the main gate + window grilles, but the color was wrong. Should I ask them to tear down and redo or just accept my contractor's proposal, let them do a paint over with the right color? I have a feeling the thick paint will be ugly, and will wear and tear more easily compared to the original kind of coating. But the contractor tell me it'll be about the same & better coz double coat. :(

Any advise? Thanks.

The veneer doors that are installed are also very light & hollow, can anyone advice is veneer door = hollow door? Or my contractor "swap" it with cheaper doors? :unsure:

Thank u!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If it's in black and white that you agreed to certain colors with your ID.

You have every right to make them tear down and redo.

If want a paint over, then 50% discount, or else redo.

My veneer doors are $320 each. They are ridiculously light and hollow within also.

Once there's wind, you get them slamming in no time.

I don't like those doors as well, didn't expect them to be this light.

Hi, doing my reno now. While i was oversea, the wrought iron grilles people came and install the main gate + window grilles, but the color was wrong. Should I ask them to tear down and redo or just accept my contractor's proposal, let them do a paint over with the right color? I have a feeling the thick paint will be ugly, and will wear and tear more easily compared to the original kind of coating. But the contractor tell me it'll be about the same & better coz double coat. :(

Any advise? Thanks.

The veneer doors that are installed are also very light & hollow, can anyone advice is veneer door = hollow door? Or my contractor "swap" it with cheaper doors? :unsure:

Thank u!

are they going to bring back the grilles and spray paint or are they going to brush paint it? Ask your contractor if he is willing to bear the brunt of unsatisfactory repaint work, which is to replace grilles if not according to your standard. He would try to persuade you to repaint coz he doesn't want the hassle of either stripping the paint of making new grilles. Don't decide with a kind heart unless you can live with the results lah. It is not your fault that the color is wrong.

If you decide to repaint, maybe can ask them to do 1 panel and you check if it is acceptable? I'm not so sure about wear and tear on double-coated new grilles. I made the window griille guy paint my grilles twice coz the 1st coat still showed the base color of black, and we wanted white grilles. After the 2nd coat, it was better, and did not show streaks or anything, but mine is repainted with the same color.

But take lawry's advice. Redo, or get 50% off if repaint. :curse:

Yes!

We consumers have had enough of getting ripped off and taken for a ride.

Stop feeding customers with substandard work, wrong parts, wrong colors, lousy work and expect full price.

Replace or 50% discount for the compromise.

I buy a white shirt, i get a white shirt.

Not one with a missing button, with the collar torn, or one sleeve shorter.

That belongs to the 70% clearance bin!

are they going to bring back the grilles and spray paint or are they going to brush paint it? Ask your contractor if he is willing to bear the brunt of unsatisfactory repaint work, which is to replace grilles if not according to your standard. He would try to persuade you to repaint coz he doesn't want the hassle of either stripping the paint of making new grilles. Don't decide with a kind heart unless you can live with the results lah. It is not your fault that the color is wrong.

If you decide to repaint, maybe can ask them to do 1 panel and you check if it is acceptable? I'm not so sure about wear and tear on double-coated new grilles. I made the window griille guy paint my grilles twice coz the 1st coat still showed the base color of black, and we wanted white grilles. After the 2nd coat, it was better, and did not show streaks or anything, but mine is repainted with the same color.

Hi,

As to repaint the grilles on the spot, the result of yr grilles color of the paint is worst n u will hv lot of tears drop on yr grilles cos all tis grilles cannot b repaint should bring back to the factory to re-spray.

Hi, thanks for the advices so far. Ya, I just told my contractor to ask send them back to factory to re-do. He said will ask the factory to provide a sample first, if happy, then redo accordingly.

My grilles supposed to be all silver, with yellow flowers. But they got it wrong, become all silver with gold color mixed together. After they repaint the yellow flowers with brush, I looked at that, really thick & doesn't look like new one...

So better reject now and ask them redo...if not gotta face it daily...everytimes i see, will be unhappy.

Haiz~ think i'll be blacklisted by contractor liao.

Meanwhile need to check where i can find silver & yellow wrought iron grilles...so at least i know how the wrought iron grilles will look like. Instead of get con into accepting something sub-standard.

My veneer door is hollow. very light... really didn't expect it to be hollow. But again, I didn't check. I like the design but just that the hollow thing, got to be very careful. I dont want it to slam so fast, worried for my kids fingers.

Don't give in to them.. You have the right to get it changed since its their fault.. Or else they will take you for granted.. Unless a very good discount is given, still can consider..:)

Supply & install 4 nos. veneer doors c/w lock sets for store & 3 bedrooms( $1,120 )

This is what i paid for...haiz, should insist on seeing a sample before i aggree to it.

Coz earlier went to another ID, they quoted veneer door ro be more expensive than the usual classic door, so we thought this is a good bargain for veneer door when we saw this price. But very disappointed. It's even more hollow & light weight than the usual HDB standard door...

Any advise? Thanks.

Thank u!

Double coat better? Are you kidding? Wait till you scratch the paint, and have the colour underneath appear. Not to mention that the new paint won't stick well to begin with, you could have bubbles and brush marks, etc.

Veneer is lighter than solid for sure. Choice of wood more important though. Good wood heavy, bad wood light.

normal veneer door is semi hollow one.. unless you wan solid wood veneer door. Solid wood one cost more..

My veneer door is hollow. very light... really didn't expect it to be hollow. But again, I didn't check. I like the design but just that the hollow thing, got to be very careful. I dont want it to slam so fast, worried for my kids fingers.

Supply & install 4 nos. veneer doors c/w lock sets for store & 3 bedrooms( $1,120 )

This is what i paid for...haiz, should insist on seeing a sample before i aggree to it.

Coz earlier went to another ID, they quoted veneer door ro be more expensive than the usual classic door, so we thought this is a good bargain for veneer door when we saw this price. But very disappointed. It's even more hollow & light weight than the usual HDB standard door...

most times contractor prob only show u catalogue to choose door design...likely no chance to see sample....if u wan, u can drop by BEST at kaki bukit terrace to have a feel how the veneer doors felt like...then u wil b able to see if ur contractor bluffed u....they hv many samples....i got my classic door from there...

most times contractor prob only show u catalogue to choose door design...likely no chance to see sample....if u wan, u can drop by BEST at kaki bukit terrace to have a feel how the veneer doors felt like...then u wil b able to see if ur contractor bluffed u....they hv many samples....i got my classic door from there...

Is this the same BEST I am thinking. I also purchased my Nyatoh Door at Best Industrial Pte Ltd, their showroom is level 3.