Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Jcase, why did you decide on solid surface top and not granite? wow! means he told you at first the 3k only rectify the slant?

Flowerie123, i have also fallen prey to the aesthetic quality of a headboard =x i took away things from my common toilet to accomodate it! but quote still less than ideal. hmm willy mention about the debit and credit notes to us as well. but did not check how the revised quotations would work if keep taking out and adding items. leslie kept pressing us to confirm this saturday/sunday. i feel like i'm not ready!

Edited by andsoitgoes

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ermm, we never really discuss about HO date :P not really in a hurry to move in but of cos if it can be completed sooner will be better.

Yep! initially we din even thought of a headboard for MBR bed area.. but after talking to them, it seems that it would indeed be a very nice feature! but to add that, its really not cheap!

Now Im thinking if we need e shoe cabinet.. if we forego that, maybe can save this money for the headboard. Hmmmmmmmm :unsure:

so far, after the 2nd quote, we have not seen a revised quote yet.. cos we have and are adding more things.. probably things will be more confirmed after the site visit and measurement and we can request for a quote again? or will they just issue a debit/credit note instead?

Sure to need shoe cabinet. My multi purpose. Store shoes and one area carved out for my golf bag.

If sign contract already then it's debit / credit note.

Jcase, why did you decide on solid surface top and not granite? wow! means he told you at first the 3k only rectify the slant?

Flowerie123, i have also fallen prey to the aesthetic quality of a headboard =x i took away things from my common toilet to accomodate it! but quote still less than ideal. hmm willy mention about the debit and credit notes to us as well. but did not check how the revised quotations would work if keep taking out and adding items. leslie kept pressing us to confirm this saturday/sunday. i feel like i'm not ready!

I am informed that granite is actually cheaper than solid surface. Dunno how true. Didn'tbother with granite as there are visibile joint lines. Also granite is a little porous so maintenence can be tricky over time.

If not ready then not ready. No point being pressured. Talk to him and tell him that you are keen to partner with them but only after you have seen a completed project and sought feedback / references from the owners. I think this is fair enough as your capital outlay is a lot. I believe he is reasonable.

I am surprised as I was never pressured by Marcus or Leslie at any point in time.

I am informed that granite is actually cheaper than solid surface. Dunno how true. Didn'tbother with granite as there are visibile joint lines. Also granite is a little porous so maintenence can be tricky over time.

If not ready then not ready. No point being pressured. Talk to him and tell him that you are keen to partner with them but only after you have seen a completed project and sought feedback / references from the owners. I think this is fair enough as your capital outlay is a lot. I believe he is reasonable.

I am surprised as I was never pressured by Marcus or Leslie at any point in time.

i told them a few times that we need to go back and discussion on the budget and quotation because leslie talked about meeting on sat to confirm and also to confirm asap so that can start preparations and selections staway for HO in dec. hence willy said will try his best to schedule a viewing by this week cos i emphasised that we would definitely want to check out firsthand on their workmanship.

the reason why we're keen on granite is because my hb's home uses solid surface top and the condition is not very good after a few years whereas my house uses granite which is still good.

JCase ~ hmmm icic. u looking for some special design for ur solid surface top for kitchen? Do share ur after-reno pic soon!!

Wah the 3K like quite comprehensive. headboard alone is ard $1k+++ le. but 3k still a substantial amt..

Did he design any ventilation slits/holes for ur shoe cabinets?

Icic but credit/debit notes can be quite confusing as we are not really able to keep track of the total cost of the reno at one glance. btw, did u happen to do any L-shape for ur cabinet/wardrobe? Do they charge 'extra' for the L-corner?

andsoitgoes ~ hahaha yeh the headboard idea sounds nice. wonder how it will turn out in 3D and real life.

Oh & Willy just replied though I have yet to sms him! their office is currently undergoing some reno and in a mess. hahaaa but so far, i have yet to even go to their office yet! :P

If you start in sept / oct definately can HO in Dec. No hurry. My project only started on 3 May and I confirmed with them late March.

My place took 7 weeks to complete.

If need be you can come by for a quick viewing this Fri evening or Sat afternoon (between 1:45pm to 2:15pm) as I then have to leave to drop my son for his afternoon cathecism class.

No ventilation hole what so ever. Need to put in air freshner.

The color of solid surface top that I wanted for my kitchen not available in the $90/- range, so suay so no choice but to pay more for the range that did.

Dunno about extra l corners,did not happen to me.

JCase ~ hmmm icic. u looking for some special design for ur solid surface top for kitchen? Do share ur after-reno pic soon!!

Wah the 3K like quite comprehensive. headboard alone is ard $1k+++ le. but 3k still a substantial amt..

Did he design any ventilation slits/holes for ur shoe cabinets?

Icic but credit/debit notes can be quite confusing as we are not really able to keep track of the total cost of the reno at one glance. btw, did u happen to do any L-shape for ur cabinet/wardrobe? Do they charge 'extra' for the L-corner?

andsoitgoes ~ hahaha yeh the headboard idea sounds nice. wonder how it will turn out in 3D and real life.

Oh & Willy just replied though I have yet to sms him! their office is currently undergoing some reno and in a mess. hahaaa but so far, i have yet to even go to their office yet! :P

Ah the full height headboard... my fiancee was insisting to have one in the MBR and Colors went sourcing suppliers for it. It is lower than the ~$2k that other IDs quoted us, so we are pretty pleased by the pricing actually. :D Yet to see sample of it though, but had given Leslie and Willy a picture of what we are looking for. Hope the end-product will be close to it.

Flowerie123, I also heard that they are revamping their office and the new flooring there will be artificial turfed grass. it's like having an indoor field, very refreshing concept! i also think it will be reflective of their artistic background as well. Leslie told me for all cabinets, they charge by length, so I think the L shape would be added cost because it is extra length and not just extra height.

JCase, willy messaged me that he would liaise again with you for the timing. may I know what time on Friday evening? wanna see if can make it after work. else we will drop by on sat with your permission. btw, if really inconvenient for your schedule, it's okay! cos i'll bug willy to find other homes to view :yamseng:

YKnPearl, have you guys received the 3d drawings yet?

Edited by andsoitgoes

JCase ~ Hmmm are the colours really limited in the $90/- range? Like only the standard black n white. Leslie suggested something towards brown/beige for mine to suit a more resort style theme. Wonder if its in the range.

YKnPearl ~ Wow, urs will be full height! e one proposed to us will be half height (horizontal) and will paste wallpaper above e headboard with lightings shining onto the wallpaper. Have they showed u e 3D for this full height headboard?

andsoitgoes ~ yeh! n according to Willy, they are really DIY-ing e reno by themselves as the workers are busy with projects! so prob we gotta expect slower response these few days/weeks? hahaa but he mentioned that we can get to see e revamp office when we go down for colours/laminates selection.

Guess I will check with them again regarding how they charge for the L-shape corner.

btw, now CLC no longer send softcopy of the 3D drawings after going through with us.. they will only send the finalised ones to us after we have confirmed the final drawings.

My preference would be Sat between 1:30pm to 2pm. Fri evening I may need to run errands and get some much needed practice at the range before I completely embarrass myself at a friendly tourney next month.

Hey flowerie123, i bet this must be the first time u doing reno for u place. Haha. Usually most ID companies will only give u e soft copy when u confirm on the design layout. The rest of the design should belongs to them as its not what u want. But i think this varies between diferent companies

btw, now CLC no longer send softcopy of the 3D drawings after going through with us.. they will only send the finalised ones to us after we have confirmed the final drawings.

Flowerie123, means draft 3d drawings you don't get to keep (hard copy) as reference and viewing? i feel easier to visualize if you at least get a copy should you want to think through the design prior to discussion with clc on revision. willy responds very quickly thru sms and always sounded chirpy regardless of timing! but i was told drawings take at least 10 days should i confirm with them. btw, can i ask if you viewed any homes before you signed the contract? if yes, how many?

Jcase, i have informed willy of your busy schedule :)

Goldfisheye, have you met up with clc before?

btw, in my quote there is one part that is under the package and the cost is not itemized, i.e. no breakdown. is it the same for all of you? cos wanted to see if their electrician is ex (as per some of the reviews i read) and engage my own.

Edited by andsoitgoes

goldfisheye ~ Yep! 1st time doing reno. hahaa but some companies even though u have not even signed with them, they already give u soft/hardcopy of the 3Ds already.

& i agree with andsoitgoes, if would be better if we are given the hard/softcopy after the meetup/discussion of the 3Ds as we can have more time to think about the 3Ds and the revisions which we would like to make. during meetup/discussion, the time may be too short & u might miss out certain things that u would like to edit/change/add-on/highlight.

andsoitgoes, i was told about 7 days for a new drawing or 5 days for a revised one..but seems to take longer than that. but usually able to meet up about once in 1-2 week for the drawings/revised ones. We didn't visit any homes before signing the contract leh. usually not possible for us during the wkdays and wkends are spent chiong-ing the GSS. but maybe we will ask willy to arrange 1-2 for us to view. Do update us if u do manage to view any.. wana hear more views of the workmanship etc :)

btw, in my quote there is one part that is under the package and the cost is not itemized, i.e. no breakdown. is it the same for all of you? cos wanted to see if their electrician is ex (as per some of the reviews i read) and engage my own.

Electrical is not broken down and is a lumpsum. Cover all points, lights, SCV, telephone, fan, oven require and new trunking / conceal if applicable.

Engage your own electrician at your own risk. Any foul up and CLC should not be held liable. I like their electrician, nice guy.

If your works come below the quote they will refund $$ back to you.

I didn't bother with asking them for itemised quote for electrical work.