Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Jcase, yea i understand that CLC will not be liable if engage own painter or electrician because it is not fair for them to answer for the mistakes of others not under their company.

Flowerie123, u got try asking them for hardcopy? are they very resistant? i'm one who has very poor visualizing skills in terms of design and feel more secure if clc at least give us a hardcopy draft as leslie advised we should expose ourselves to more designs to revise our own to the one we really want. hard to do so without a visual. haha looks like they're playing safe by telling me 10 days for drawing. else i start asking for updates. would you want to go down and view together as well?

Edited by andsoitgoes

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Been reading this thread cause we also engaged CLC (on the recommendation of JCase!!) but haven't posted cause I didn't have an idea on their workmanship in the beginning, but now that we're about 50% done, I can make some comments already. So far, very happy with them, on the ball and very responsive (although I think Marcus is starting to dread my phone calls). I really like Marcus because he's not afraid to tell me my ideas are not workable/practical/good, and also cause he often tells me a more cost efficient way of doing things.

They're renovating my corner terrace, started June 22nd, and they should be finished by end July. I really rushed Marcus and Jeremy to finish at least 2 floors so we can move in next week, so far on schedule.

If I had any complaints would only be that Leslie just met us once, but it didn't really bother me because we have an idea on how the house wanted to look like anyway and in fact, came up with most of the ideas ourselves. He did help a lot with space planning, cause I wanted a really really big dry kitchen and plenty of counter space and we couldn't figure out how to put an island cause there was a big huge beam in the middle of the place.

Will post pics in my blog when we're finally finished. I keep forgetting to take in progress pictures.

all done! Starhub and Mio will be installed next week. Opennet coming to install on the 27th (managed to get them to come earlier than Oct!)

sometimes I pity Marcus so I call Jeremy instead, think they both cringe when they see my number on their phones.

BTW, didn't know you hit the greens too... shall we arrange for a round one day? Give me some time to practice first, haven't played in 5 years, though I used to play off a 12 handicap.

all done! Starhub and Mio will be installed next week. Opennet coming to install on the 27th (managed to get them to come earlier than Oct!)

sometimes I pity Marcus so I call Jeremy instead, think they both cringe when they see my number on their phones.

BTW, didn't know you hit the greens too... shall we arrange for a round one day? Give me some time to practice first, haven't played in 5 years, though I used to play off a 12 handicap.

12 HC.****e. You'll hate playing with me as I'm useless. Maybe we can head to the range first, it's close by.

I don't even have a valid handicap card - just wrote in to Elite Golf Solutions in UK to renew my old one......

sure, was planning to hit the range more since it's close to the new place.

and marcus has 2 kids!!

feck i feel old!

Edited by patsy_sg

sure, was planning to hit the range more since it's close to the new place.

and marcus has 2 kids!!

feck i feel old!

Am hitting the range tonite. Hopefully I can get a bay.

andsoitgoes ~ Yep tried asking Willy. But they are not willing as something happened before when they gave their client e 3Ds.. so now Leslie is not willing to give them out anymore till e finalised one. u will be going down JCase's place this fri?

patsy_sg! I was following ur t-blog!! but din noe that u actually engaged CLC in the end! ur 1st quote from some others was really a shock!! really enuf to purchase a HDB lo. & it seems like both u n JCase liaise with Marcus quite alot compared to Leslie? Is Marcus strong in his designs/knowledge of e work? Definitely looking forward to ur end product soon!! :)

btw, how did u manage to ask Opennet to drop by so much earlier for the installation? I just called last week, and the earliest appt was also in Oct, which is actually fine for me since I will only be starting my reno in Oct just that they can't really fix a date for e installation.

Flowerie123, I'm waiting for willy to get back to me. but i did mention JCase's busy schedule. not sure whose house i will ultimately view. oh no. one bad egg spoil the whole basket and subsequent clients like us cannot get the draft 3d drawings anymore. is this the practice across most IDs or just CLC?

for me, the first two times, i met up with both willy and leslie! but probably see willy more often after the signing. we're still trying to work out our budget, taking into consideration furniture and appliances and the figure is getting more and more scary.

hi flowerie123, yeah, our first quote could have bought us a 3 rm HDB plant. It was based more on a rebuild rather than just reno, which we didn't want. The guy didn't listen to our wants and put together a quote according to what he thinks we should do! Marcus is quite good with design ideas, practical but with good aesthetics also. We are very involved in the design process and have very clear ideas of what we want and don't want, so I guess didn't really need a lot of Leslie's input. Leslie was recommending a modern resort theme but I didn't want our home to look like a resort in Bali. I want something that captures our personality. Not keen on the show flat look, prefer a lived in look.

Opennet? I just called again and again and again (take note of the person you spoke to first and note down her name)and finally asked to speak to a manager, not the regular customer service person and explained my situation firmly. He understood and got their subcon to come and relocate the point for me. Still have to pay the $450 but better than having to hack the kitchen cabinets in the future, right?

Electrical is not broken down and is a lumpsum. Cover all points, lights, SCV, telephone, fan, oven require and new trunking / conceal if applicable.

Wierd, they never quote a lump sum on electrical for me, just put it as "KIV", I was assuming they will charge based on the number of points later on. Guess I should check with Willy on the next meetup.

Was informed that our revised 3Ds will be delayed due to their office renovation. Which is fine for me, since my renovation start date is not anytime soon yet, i rather Leslie take the time to do up a proper one then to rush through the drawings. Wont be sharing the 1st draft, as it did not really cover what we were looking for and still looks quite raw.

andsoitgoes ~ do share some feedback if u managed to go any house visiting:) not sure about how other IDs practises about e 3Ds.. 1st time doing reno.

Yeh, we've been meeting up with Willy & Leslie too. Have not met Jeremy so far.

patsy_sg ~ icic, luckily marcus was able to give much advice w/o leslie ard. Oh! seems like ur opennet issue is quite headache. Mine is still a brand new flat.. so shouldn't have much issue. Probably we just fix an appt in Oct, but hopefully they can give us a date when we can do up e trunking/false ceiling/electrical etc concurrently.

YKnPearl ~ mine is under the lump sum package like seen on their website wor which includes the electrical work etc. When r u starting ur reno?