Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

we're going to bishan on sat. Thanks Jcase for allowing us to view!

Flowerie123, will ask willy about the 3d draft drawings and lump sum electrical charges when i see him tmr. have you started looking around for ur furniture? budgeting is sigh...

Edited by andsoitgoes

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

andsoitgoes ~ Woah! be back with review yar? :P

We've went window shopping, but have not got anything yet.

Any idea if we can bring Leslie along if we've shortlisted any to buy? Cos not sure if the size n the ones choosen will suit the theme of the house...

andsoitgoes ~ Woah! be back with review yar? :P

We've went window shopping, but have not got anything yet.

Any idea if we can bring Leslie along if we've shortlisted any to buy? Cos not sure if the size n the ones choosen will suit the theme of the house...

okie! but i do think that we are terrible to impose on others like that! Leslie told me he only shops with us for tiles, lights, kitchen stuff and toiletries. he didn't mention about appliances or furniture.

hahaa I did read before that Leslie actually went to JB to help the client to source for furnitures before! Talk abt gd service! =D

But hopefully they are able to provide advice if the sizes we bought for appliances/furnitures is able to fit into our house..

Edited by flowerie123

oh yes! today leslie mentioned cos of my sofa issues (can only get 9 feet), he can help us go JB and source for furniture. but must pay for the JB ppl to enter SG, which is about $200 riggit, to deliver the goods.

saw Jcase's house today. in love with his MBR, living room ceiling and cabinets, especially the shoe one in the living room. the MBR has a very unique ceiling feature! his MBR toilet has a nice feature wall too! also slammed all the cabinets to try out the soft hinges. it even works in the kitchen drawers.

Ohhh? He really does that? How does it work? U will go in JB to shop around with him as well? Or he will shortlist and let u know?

Hahaha u make me excited to see JCase's house!!

JCase, do post ur after-reno pics when its ready! :)

Hi everyone,

I currently looking for ID for my resale flat.

After reading this topic, i had just sent email request to jeremy.

waiting for him to reply.

hi everyone, i must say that comparing quotes and stuff given by different ID firms are giving me nothing but headache... really dunno which company to choose, as price differents range about 2-3k and also e quality difference!

eventually, we decided to engage Colours after we meet up with willy for the 4th time... i remember on our 3rd meeting (which leave a great impression) with willy, we wanted to him to describe more details about the design that he propose as we cant understand just base on the quotes, he started drawing my tv feature wall and the feature that we want in out masterbed room. hmmmm i used to think that he's just the sale guy and leslie is the designer but we are impressed with the design drawing. we then find out that usually he will draw the design and then discuss with leslie into more details.

other than that, e reason we engage colours is that,

1) Always quick in response (willy)

2) having the right chemistry (leslie and willy)

3) able to give a feel of the design we wanted (willy)

4) able to advise me not just on the "pro" side of the things that i want, they always pointed out the "con" side which we never thought of

5) felt better assure after reading all the post from their clients

6) their company are not as famous, but the service they provide are 5 stars

7) though their price are not the cheapest nor the most expensive, i must say the quality they give are much better than others.

guess i should be in good hands now...

one more things, was told by willy that he created a Facebook page for Colours...

just to share the link for all... there is 2 by the way...

clc page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/CLC-Interiors-COLOURS-by-Leslie-Chua/109788883509

clc main: http://www.facebook.com/people/Clc-Interiors/100002578837707

maybe we can tag our photos to their wall or get them to tag us for the progress!

Hi goldfisheye,

do update us on your progress! i too have just recently confirmed with CLC, last week in fact. just yesterday i went with the duo to select my living room tiles. next week i'm going to look at colours, wallpaper and first set of 3d drawings!

I have refrained from posting in this thread for a while, since we are having major issues with the Reno. No resolution from CLC yet, will post a critique of them once we are finally finished.

I will update the situation here to make it transparent and clear (and also so I don't have to re-send the message to everyone that PM'ed me).

When we signed with CLC I informed them clearly I have to move out of our old place by the 11th of July, as the new owner is taking over then. They said ok as long as I'm fine that the carpentry installation may not be finished. I said ok, will live with that. They started work on the 22nd of June, and on the 5th of July, I reminded them again I have to move in soon, and that I had a lot of stuff to bring in, their reply then was "we'll try", bit different from their first answer but I still gave them the benefit of the doubt. 10th July I went to our place, half the things that was supposed to be finished by then was not done, and we had no main doors! So I called Marcus and Jeremy up on the Saturday to ask if the main doors will be installed in time for us to move in, they said no, the main doors will only be installed on the 20th of July. I told them how they can expect us to move in (with all my things) into a house with no main door???? Their reply was, oh, didn't think of that! Their solution was to put hoarding (machiam squatters!!) and said that the sliding doors will be up on the 22nd. So I said, ok, we'll live with that and found a short term apartment to rent. By that time, my hb (who works from home) was already agitated because he has to set up his work stuff and any delay costs him money, so he came up with a chart that tracks the progress of work and told Jeremy to fill it up daily so we know exactly where we are.... so far we only got 1 update!

The clincher was this week, the parquet floors were polished Tuesday afternoon, but the whole house was cleaned in the morning. We decided to go for a peak through the boards to see how the floors looked like polished... very nice. I was surprised the lights in the entire first floor was left on, but saw a note from the electrician not to turn them off cause we had fridges that were already plugged in, so the environment suffered greatly that night! But something inside me said you have to go up. So we braved the varnish fumes and went up the place, luckily we did!!! The guy who cleaned the bathrooms did not shut off the tap for the hand spray and had flooded the entire common bathroom (apparently there was a choke in the drainage)and the water was just about to overflow towards the parquet floors and down the staircase. We closed the tap and tried to take out as much water as we could, but the fumes was just too overpowering and we had to get out. I called Jeremy up who was the project manager and his first reply was "cannot be like that, you sure?" Pissed off, we just went home, with photographs as evidence in case the water does overflow to the wood floors and damages it.

That night, I suffered a very serious asthma attack, and my hb has 3 grand mal epileptic fits which we think is a result of toxic fumes poisoning. He was so bad he collapsed in the bathroom and hit his head against the floor a few times before I got to him! He was passed out the whole day yesterday and only got out of bed today. Thankfully there seems to have been no permanent damage other than bruises in the back, legs and arms (he got trapped between the shower screen and wall)

Marcus and Jeremy both came to see us yesterday afternoon to apologize in person, and also to update us on all that has been done. We are moving in tomorrow finally (with no kitchen) but at least the place will be semi-livable.

I have no complaints about their workmanship, just think sometimes they are spread too thin and cannot balance all the jobs they have. They are responsive to text messages and calls, but just need to be more upfront when communicating with their clients. More frequent updates would have been appreciated so at least I could have made plans earlier if we had to delay our moving in. If you ask me point blank if I would hire them again, I would say yes, but only if I didn't have a tight schedule. They're good guys, not pushy, will say no if it's an expensive folly, will suggest alternatives and not likely to say do this do that just to earn more money. They just need to learn to communicate with the clients more (maybe I'm just more kancheong and a micro-manager??)

I don't think all this will happen to other renovations, as ours as extensive and had a very short time frame. And I do not mean for clients who have signed with them to be scared or apprehensive, but I thought our experience had to be shared so others will know what to look out for when working with them. I have asked them for compensation on the rental, we'll see what they say.

If anyone wants to come to see their work when the place is done, you're welcome to come over.