Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi patsy, nope not with clc and can't find my firm on the Reno blog! Relatively new firm I guess... How's the house coming along? Have u guys moved in?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Olg, yep, we moved in amidst the chaos coz hb (howth) needed to set up his home office. It's still not finished now cause we're doing so much other things ourselves!

Almonds.... my mistake was paying them according to the schedule they requested! There is a remaining sum (but very small) we had withheld and will be using this to pay the other contractors we have to bring in. In fact, when I wanted to withhold the 4th payment, I got a threatening SMS saying they will stop all work until this is paid! Maybe I should have allowed them to stop the work then!!!!

Oh dear Patsy, sorry to hear that. Does that mean they've stopped work completely and you're trying to DIY now? I've just been told my place will be ready by the end of next week. Will see if that happens! Btw, any idea if the single/twin sized bedsheets I order from the US are the same size as our single sized mattresses?

Maybe its better for them to stop then; they're not doing much anyway, and it's probably less painful dealing with other more reliable contractors which you sourced on your own! Such attitude is upsetting.

I hope for the best for you and your hubby!

Oh dear Patsy, sorry to hear that. Does that mean they've stopped work completely and you're trying to DIY now? I've just been told my place will be ready by the end of next week. Will see if that happens! Btw, any idea if the single/twin sized bedsheets I order from the US are the same size as our single sized mattresses?

Hi Olg, yep, they're no longer allowed to even cast a shadow on the house!! We're doing a lot of the things ourselves, which was what HB wanted in the first place! Being a typical "ang moh" he grew up doing a lot of DIY with his Dad so he knows how to do things... in fact, he's repurposed a lot of old furniture, turned a door into a study table etc! So it's kinda fun... am going to be busy turning cheap Ikea curtains into a table cloth tonight!

Maybe its better for them to stop then; they're not doing much anyway, and it's probably less painful dealing with other more reliable contractors which you sourced on your own! Such attitude is upsetting.

I hope for the best for you and your hubby!

cheers Almonds, it's definitely been much better since we fired them!

Patsy - that's great! The hubby and I not too great at DIY stuff and hence we're at the mercy of the contractors, electricians, plumbers, gardeners etc. $$$$! Very painful.

its been a while since i last logged in. its been almost 3 weeks since my project starts. mine starts on the 12th.

after reading all the above review i was taken back by the remarks of some.

I seriously wonder how true it is....

now it's my turn to give some comments:

(sorry for copying the write out format from andsoitgoes)

1. project management and coordination ---> so far so good

First day of my renovation, i had arrange with willy to meet at our house at 10am. At 9.30am, received a sms from willy saying that he had reach and is with his team of workers and is currently briefing them through at the site. so far from all our past meetings with willy, he is always early for appointment! great start to the project! when we reach our place, we went from living room to kitchen to bedroom and go through in details of whats going to be done in each area together with willy, leslie and the contractors.

the workers drew alot of marking on the walls and on the floorplan so that they will remember what each of them had to do. I was impressed that there is a photocopy of all the works that is to be done are pasted on the walls so that the workers can double confirm on what they are supposed to do.

just one site briefing had taken us till 12pm! so many details! as we didnt bring any pen or paper to note down all the stuff, willy told us that he will pass a copy to us. actually we were impressed that they had all the different contractors down at site and brief all of them together with us so that everyone had an idea of the work to be done.

After all the site briefing, they kick start into doing their work already. we didnt left when willy and leslie left as we were watching the workers dismantling of all our existing kitchen cabinets, toilet bowl and hacking the flooring. more & more workers came then we left the place as we felt out of place and hindering their work. Gave willy a call and confirm that their workers will lock the gates at the end of the day, was also told that the combination of the number lock will be given to their workers so that they can access the place when they arrive.

however as i had left some of the lighings, furnitures, piano and fan in the rooms, we kinda of felt insecure about losing them and had to replace them when so many people is coming in and out of the house, but willy and leslie reassure us that they will hold responsible to all the existing items that we left behind and if anything were to go missing, they will repay us. at least hearing that made us feel much secure about all the things that we had left behind.

beening going up on and off when we are free to check on the updates of the house and was happy to see the progression of the works and best of all its all well ahead of the estimated schedule that willy gave us. one more thing is that they did paste those "no smoking" sign around, but when we pop up to the place, we saw their workers smoking. the moment he saw us, he put e cigarette behind him and walk out of the house. though e worker smoke in the house but when they see us, they will go out of the house as they know that they are not supposed to. Had also see unfinished coffee packets hanging on the doors when we drop by at night and informed willy to get his workers to keep the place clean.

i read that some of u had problem with the plumber installing all the accessories, dont know if this will happen to us as we will reach that stage soon. i had spoke to willy and he said he will arrange a date with us and the installer to be around and let the installer know the actual location for all the accessories to be installed accordingly to our liking.

2. consistency / inconsistency??? ---> consistent

not sure as to what andsoitgoes mentions that "constantly playing the who said this and that game." it had been 3 weeks since our project starts, we had not experience things that they had gone back on their words, or pay extra to anything else on the contract other then the aircon supplier that we want them to engage for us which is not stated in the contract and they had thrown in certain items free for me so far.

i believe this is very important as it will be a huge blow to us if they were to have alot of hidden cost and this will seriously affect us all. by having hidden cost is totally unacceptable and it is out to cheat our hard earn money. andsoitgoes if u read my post, can update us what did they go back on their words and ask u to pay extra??? what kind of hidden cost did they not bring it out to u in the first place?? please kindly advise us on this as this is totally unacceptable. i will talk to willy about this and clarify on this matter!!!!

3. timeline ---> well met

3 weeks into the project, as per what the schedule that we were given, we are 1 week ahead of time. kindly note that the schedule given was base on 8 weeks and mine is a resale 4rm flat with alot of hacking works to be done. its stated that tiling works to be completed by end of this week however all the tiling works for living, kitchen, bathrooms and flooring for all bedrooms had been done up already. they had also completed the plastering of the entire wall of my house, haha im loving the wall now.

we were keep updated of the progression of the renovation work by a weekly sms or email. was impressed with this service rather than passing me the schedule and all i can do is to do down and look at the works that had been done and cross check with the schedule given. there were times when we tried calling leslie to ask about updates or to ask him something, he is either busy and had no time to discuss things or sometimes e tone of his voice is not as pleasant. that is why we rather call willy not leslie. but when we see leslie on site checking out the work, he is very friendly.

4. design ----> nice but abit slow in 3D

after signing the contract with them, we had quite a few late nights with willy going through the design of the carpentry works that we want. through past experience and advises, we had requested willy to draw out the design on paper for our approval first as we understand that 3d drawings that quite a long time.

when we see the design on the paper, its passable, however when we approval and requested for it to be 3d, omg, it turn out very nicely done up. now awaiting the real work to be up within the next 2 weeks.

had to praise Willy on that as there were twice we stayed till 1.30am in their office and when we leave, willy was still doing work and scanning the design into the computer. we must admit that we are quite particular about the design and by giving him alot of input and discussion, it really turn out nice.

During the colours/materials selection, instead of proposing the colours and materials, willy showed us the samples and from there he ask us what we like and what we prefer, we told him about the type of colours and pattern that we like, from there, he gave us a few selection that he think will be nice and then we choose from there. i think that should be the way to go, asking our liking and try to match the materials to our liking rather than proposing colours or materials that he think it is nice but we dont like.

sometimes willy had to go check with leslie about certain design that he is uncertain about the construction he need to go back and check with leslie as leslie wasnt around at all during any of the discussion about the design for all our carpentry, but since they will discuss about the design, whether with leslie presence or not dont make too much difference. Beside other than the slight delay in producing the 3d drawing that caused some unhappiness from us, all had been well.

As we were going to into details about some of the carpentry works, we were told that there might be a slight change in the fabrication of our carpentry works. example for my platform bed, we wanted the height to be like 20cm off the ground, but now it had to increase so that we can cover the ugly air con trunking that is running across our masterbed room.

5. patience / service ----> good

from e day we had signed up with clc, we must agree that the service we had received are recommendable. willy has always been punctual, patient & nice to work with. i believe not everyone in this trade is willing to meet up with us late at night due to our working hours, to go through the design past midnight, meeting us at whatever location we requested. this is also one of the factor why we chose clc to do our renovation work. as for leslie, he is very confident and hold alot of pride in the work that he do, u can tell by the way he brief his workers. though at times its quite hard to reach him at all. therefore most of the time, we will only liase with willy.

i think thats all for now... will update when all the carpentries are up! cant wait... :dancingqueen:

maybe can you share some photos with us.

*have heard good and bad things about clc. maybe it really boils down to the sales person and the project manager of the project*

*sure i still have some worries hanging on but over and over again meeting them, i still feel that they are very up front*

Olg it's actually really fun!

DIY can really be fun but must have the time.i love the feeling of painting with my love ones if time permit me to do so

hi all RT forumer,

before i pen down on the deciding on which ID firm / contractors that we are going to sign, any on-going clients with this company so that we can understand more of their workmanship, pricing and stuff like these.

any feedback is well come, kindly PM me. \

the area of the job scope is as follows:

HACKING & HAULAGE

Demolish existing wall between kitchen & dining w. clearing of debris

Hack wall tile at kitchen

Hack floor tile for kitchen

Hack existing door frame at kitchen

Remove existing kitchen cabinet with disposal

Hack existing concrete sink/stove support in Kitchen with disposal

Dismantle existing Kitchen Sink

Remove parquet platform at master room with disposal

Dismantle existing toilet bowl at both toilets

Demolish existing mirror at corridor

Make Good all Hacking Affected area

KITCHEN

Construct New Wall & Smooth with Plaster, Include: Construction of Serving Window

Install painted Tempered Glass backing for exposed Kitchen Walls between Cabinets

Install Top/Bottom Kitchen Cabinet with Laminate Doors, Soft Closing Hinges

Include: Dish Rack/Cutlery Tray/Magic Corner Basket

Install One (1) Full Hieght Kitchen Cabinet with Laminate Doors, Soft Closing Hinges

Install Solid Surface Work Top

Lay Matte Homogenous Floor Tile for Kitchen with Water Proofing

Install Clear Tempered Glass Swing Door

Construct Tiled Cement Base for Kitchen Cabinets

Construct Tiled Cement Base for Refrigerator

Construct Tiled Cement Base for Washng Machine

LIVING ROOM

Construct Full Hieght Feature Wall with Console and TV Mount

Construct & Install Altar (2 feet wide with Swing door and Glass inlay)

Install False Ceiling in Living Area

DINING AREA

Install Mirror Feature in Dining Area

STUDY

Install Top Hung Cabinets with Laminate Doors, Soft Closing Hinges

Install Suspended Desk with Laminate finish, Pull out drawers and Flip-Top Hinge for cabling

Install Mesh Racks under Suspended Desk

Install Bottom Rack for placing computer equipment

MASTER BEDROOM

Install 4 ft. Suspended TV Console

Install Headboard for King-size Bedframe

Supply two wall mounted Bedside tables

Install Full-Height Walk-in Wardrobe with Laminate Doors and Backing with Painted Finish

Install Full-length Mirror

Install False Ceiling in Walk-in area

PLUMBING / ELECTRICAL

Install Concealed Piping (at Kitchen)

Install Hot Water point (with Copper Piping) at Kitchen Sink Water point

Labour to install new Kitchen Sink

Labour to install new Kitchen Hob/Hood & Oven.

Install new W.C. in Master Toilet

Install new W.C. in Common Toilet

Install spot lighting & wall mount fan in Walk-in Wardrobe

Install lighting in Corridor leading to Master Bedroom

Install concealed Piping for Cat 5e cable from Living Room to Study

Install additional lighting in entire Apartment (KIV)

Install additional electrical points in entire Apartment (KIV)

PAINTING / POLISHING

Re-Grind & Re-Varnish Existing Parquet Flooring in 3 Bedrooms / 1 Study

Polish Existing Marble Floor **** Hall

Acid Washing + General Cleaning of entire Apartment

Painting Works in entire Apartment, including all exposed piping

Special painting works in Foyer Area

MASONRY

After removal of mirror from Corridor,

smooth Corridor wall with Plaster if required.

Install False Ceiling in Corridor leading to Master Bedroom

you can just send this list out to and wait for quotes. if any company reply then u know that price from there. after shortlisting then get them to meet up. since u already know what u need.

Andsoitgoes I feel that you should arrange a meet up with your handler. As of what I understand from my brother's cck nest. Clc truly take pride in things they do without much hip ups for them. And Leslie our handler has also give us strong advice on stuffs prior renovation. You are right to liaise with 1 person, durning sales we liaise with vin lee for price and design with Leslie coming in on and off. And to liaise with Leslie our handler on stuffs regarding to technicial issues and project management.

hi walkingdead im back. do you have any drawings to share? now trying to firm down my stuff but not sure what colour/design/concept i want. resort looks good but feel old. modern ok but like nothing much.retro is nice but my partner hate it. not sure which to chose. btw how is your stuff coming along?

Cannot send the 3d drawings the drawings got t&c cannot share. Thing are moving great for us may even start earlier. seeing so many different story , I cannot comment much. Only once project start then I can comment. Everything is great for us now with good chem with our id. Every company has it's black sheep that is why there will be so many different stories with all companies. What really matters is our selected id can help us alot.