Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jamieogh

Jade&kiwi's Love Nest (soon-to-be)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks forkie... So sad...

One more thing to ask you guys, how much do you estimate boxing up my long pipes in kitchen?

boxup.jpg

Can the kitchen cabinets covers these pipes?

Usually I have seem people doing dummy cabinet to these pipes...

Hi Jamie,

Your kitchen wall looks good! I have the same in my current kitchen.

Simon intro Henry to us and we have Henry oin our shortlist currently. Just wondering, are your cement screeded kitchen walls smoothened? Big point for us as we are doing that for a major part of our floors.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you so much for sharing the well taken photo of the cement screen wall for kitchen...

Just my truth comments...

it depends on what colours theme is your kitchen, if black and White then sure no problem and will be nice, but if you go for colourful theme like yellow, orange or red...may look abit funny.

The kitchen cabinets portion where the exposed wall existing, are you going to have just cement screen? or you are covering with tempered glass or stainless steel...my concern is that if exposed wall is left with cement screen will it be very different to maintain (Oil stain)

I don't think you should paint over it else you defeat the purpose of keeping the wall "Cemented"

It is subjective, but if you and your hubby will to like it then that will be the most important factor...

Thanks forkie... So sad...

One more thing to ask you guys, how much do you estimate boxing up my long pipes in kitchen?

boxup.jpg

i got mine box up but it was a dummy one....my cabintet was bundle into my reno package and just this boxup...it 'eat' into the total ft given in the package...20ft was the standard in most reno package and just to box up that stupig pipes...6ft was gone...i was left with 14ft for the real cabinet, end up will need to top up for extra ft lol.... :(

i got mine box up but it was a dummy one....my cabintet was bundle into my reno package and just this boxup...it 'eat' into the total ft given in the package...20ft was the standard in most reno package and just to box up that stupig pipes...6ft was gone...i was left with 14ft for the real cabinet, end up will need to top up for extra ft lol.... :(

Hi Feimei,

I manage to find a carpenter who give me a good package of doing upper and lower kitchen cabinet and box up the pipes (dummy ones). Actually we do not want upper kitchen cabinet in the first place, but wanna cover pipes, wiring stuffs, so no choice...

Hubby actually disagrees I look for other carpenter strongly,

cos he likes Henry's workmanship after we visited Simon (Lao Da of Henner's Club),

but too bad,

even though Henry tries hard to work out a reasonable price (with upper cabinet this time) for us, we still can't afford.

As we are using our savings and parents' help, not loaning from bank, interest too high.

So budget is very tight.

In the end, hubby gives in to me, source for other carpenter.

Hubby also warns me NO MORE canceling the items from Henry's quotation anymore.

YES SIR!!!

Pictures are all in hubby's iphone. And he is sleeping soundly now. I dunno how to operate his iphone. Maybe tonight then post.

Going to JB to buy lightings.

Many said there much cheaper... Well, no harm go see see look look...

Oh u mean there is a water proofiing report?? Certified by who?

i read from other tblog, got one mentioned abt it ley... Asked other Henners, they dunno abt it too... I confuse liao...

Hi Jamie, wonder u are referring to me or not. I got one waterproofing report. ID prepared a waterproofing report. It goes something like this. Neighbours were informed abt it beforehand. After water membrane was done, 'flooded' the areas for 24 hrs. After that, check with neighbours any water leakage issue at their kitchen, toilets, etc. If there is no any issue, neighbours sign on waterproofing report. Of cos, some 'terms/clauses' on the report stating the liability, etc.

I CAN'T ACCEPT THESE!!!

1) Cracks on kitchen walls!!! Getting more and LONGER!!! Hope painting can cover them... sob sob...

2) Can see the wall pink color wall tiles?

Promised to cement screed the wall in my living room, end up only do plastering and didn't inform us, and still keep it in the quotation. If not bcos of our out-source electrician's 不小心 made a hole on the wall, think we will pay blindly...

iii.jpg

Hi Mickey M! Yes yes!!! I knew from you!

Is it compulsory to have such report or have to pay extra to ask ID/contractor to prepare such reprt?

Aiya... My floor tiles in kitchen already done, so do my 2 bathrooms.

Don't think can be done even if my contractor willing to do such test and report for me...

Hi Mickey M! Yes yes!!! I knew from you!

Is it compulsory to have such report or have to pay extra to ask ID/contractor to prepare such reprt?

Aiya... My floor tiles in kitchen already done, so do my 2 bathrooms.

Don't think can be done even if my contractor willing to do such test and report for me...

Hi Jamie...I don't think it is compulsory for such report...

It seem to me more like the contractor or ID want to ensure that things are hand over swee swee to the owner and if later any leakage, they are not responsible...kind of agreement aka report.

If I am the owner of the house below a unit...I don't know whether I will sign the agreement or not...unless the form offical from HDB...

To me, just ensure that you dun hear any complain from house below you and Henry is responsible enough to help us rectify any work in a later stage...

For ceiling or toilet leakage, usually HDB/ town council will sent their men for investigation ...

I CAN'T ACCEPT THESE!!!

1) Cracks on kitchen walls!!! Getting more and LONGER!!! Hope painting can cover them... sob sob...

2) Can see the wall pink color wall tiles?

Promised to cement screed the wall in my living room, end up only do plastering and didn't inform us, and still keep it in the quotation. If not bcos of our out-source electrician's 不小心 made a hole on the wall, think we will pay blindly...

iii.jpg

Hi Jamie,

but if the cement screed at your kitchen cracks then if you do it over the pink color tiles, will it have cracklines too?

Did he said he will rectify the crackline issue for you?

Dun worry too much...stress cannot solve the problem...let your hubby talk to Henry lol...

For me...I will do the coordination once my wife choosen the theme and color scheme...she will just sit back at my in law place and wait to come back to the house after the reno....she is the queen and my son the prince... :D:D:P

Hi Danny,

What you said is same as my hubby's.

Well, hope everything will be fine.

Like what you've said in your t-blog.

"You do swee swee for me, my $ will go swee swee to your pocket".

Just hope he can understand this.

dc4umu.jpg

Tiles in living room not completed after these 2 days.

Went back this morning and after 煮炒 ($5/dish) at night.

Stepped on those tiles which are done.

Quite nice & smooth~

Really like his subcon.

Polite and do work quietly, answer my silly qns patiently.