Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jamieogh

Jade&kiwi's Love Nest (soon-to-be)

Hi Danny,

What you said is same as my hubby's.

Well, hope everything will be fine.

Like what you've said in your t-blog.

"You do swee swee for me, my $ will go swee swee to your pocket".

Just hope he can understand this.

dc4umu.jpg

Tiles in living room not completed after these 2 days.

Went back this morning and after 煮炒 ($5/dish) at night.

Stepped on those tiles which are done.

Quite nice & smooth~

Really like his subcon.

Polite and do work quietly, answer my silly qns patiently.

Henry subcon, all quite steady...tats why he can communicate with them over the phone easily...

anyway...when is your HO date actually?

Danny,

My kitchen only do cement screed after hacked the kitchen wall tiles.

Thanks for your encouragement! We all must Jia You!

Oh...what I mean is that since with hacking then put cement screed also end up with lots of crack then if cement screed over tile wall, will it be worst?

Actually if you are painting over it, plastering or cement screed...should be not problem bah...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Morning Danny,

Now the electrician is arranging for the testing. Keep chasing him.

Henry seldom follow up with our project le.

He must be busy with others as we told him, we not in the hurry to move in.

And our electrician is dragging, Henry can't do anything too.

Now is laying tiles in the living room, then can arrange measurement for the main gate, doors of 3 bedrooms and 1 storeroom.

At the same time, do the electrical test.

Then settle those holes and cracks on my kitchen and living room wall.

Plastering looks not so nice on living room too, will ask them to look into it.

Then painting.

After that our friendly carpenter will up the upper and lower kitchen cabinet.

Our TV feature wall too!

And will ask him to fix all our bathroom accessories too.

Then is acid wash.

And the last is laminate 3 bedrooms!!!

Hubby est HO will be in end of Dec...

I can't celebrate X'mas and New Yr in my new nest le... Sob sob...

Too bad.... who asks us out-source to so many... No choice... Budget tight mah.

Edited by Jamieogh

Morning Danny,

Now the electrician is arranging for the testing. Keep chasing him.

Henry seldom follow up with our project le.

He must be busy with others as we told him, we not in the hurry to move in.

And our electrician is dragging, Henry can't do anything too.

Now is laying tiles in the living room, then can arrange measuring for the doors of main gate, 3 bedrooms and 1 storeroom.

At the same time, do the electrical test.

Then settle those holes and cracks on my kitchen and living room wall.

Plastering looks not so nice on living room too, will ask them to look into it.

Then painting.

After that our friendly carpenter will up the upper and lower kitchen cabinet.

And will ask Henry to fix all our bathroom accessories too.

Then is acid wash.

And the last is laminate 3 bedrooms!!!

Hubby est HO will be in end of Dec...

I can't celebrate X'mas and New Yr in my new nest le... Sob sob...

Too bad.... who asks us out-source to so many... No choice... Budget tight mah.

Nevermind lah...still can make it for CNY mah...we chinese celebrate CNY...hahaaha

Do the acid wash first then fix accessories will be better...

Hi Jamie, wonder u are referring to me or not. I got one waterproofing report. ID prepared a waterproofing report. It goes something like this. Neighbours were informed abt it beforehand. After water membrane was done, 'flooded' the areas for 24 hrs. After that, check with neighbours any water leakage issue at their kitchen, toilets, etc. If there is no any issue, neighbours sign on waterproofing report. Of cos, some 'terms/clauses' on the report stating the liability, etc.

really got this kind of report ah? from hdb or is just sort of an agreement?

for mine haven do water proofing, unit below already complain of leaking after hacking. so i guess mine will be done quite nicely... if not sure kena complain again..sigh...

Hi Mickey M! Yes yes!!! I knew from you!

Is it compulsory to have such report or have to pay extra to ask ID/contractor to prepare such reprt?

Aiya... My floor tiles in kitchen already done, so do my 2 bathrooms.

Don't think can be done even if my contractor willing to do such test and report for me...

Actually, my ID seldom prepare the waterproofing report. Just that my wifey asked how they confirm the waterproofing is tested and in gd order. So the usual practice is to prepare the waterproofing report. In any case, a HDB surveyor can be call in to check and confirm any water leakage at the below unit or the owners can confirm it also. It is not compulsory. If owner willing to sign, save the hdb surveyor cost.

Hi Jamie...I don't think it is compulsory for such report...

It seem to me more like the contractor or ID want to ensure that things are hand over swee swee to the owner and if later any leakage, they are not responsible...kind of agreement aka report.

If I am the owner of the house below a unit...I don't know whether I will sign the agreement or not...unless the form offical from HDB...

To me, just ensure that you dun hear any complain from house below you and Henry is responsible enough to help us rectify any work in a later stage...

For ceiling or toilet leakage, usually HDB/ town council will sent their men for investigation ...

really got this kind of report ah? from hdb or is just sort of an agreement?

for mine haven do water proofing, unit below already complain of leaking after hacking. so i guess mine will be done quite nicely... if not sure kena complain again..sigh...

Yup. It is not compulsory. Personally, just feel gd to have. In the worst scenario of any water leakage issue after a recent reno, u might need to 'remove' ur new tiles and redo the water membrane again if HDB found the water leakage comes from ur unit. And any sort of solutions in the below unit cannot resolve the water leakage issue. The main issue is who bear the cost. This is usually ambiguous in the contract signed.

Hi Jamie...I don't think it is compulsory for such report...

It seem to me more like the contractor or ID want to ensure that things are hand over swee swee to the owner and if later any leakage, they are not responsible...kind of agreement aka report.

If I am the owner of the house below a unit...I don't know whether I will sign the agreement or not...unless the form offical from HDB...

To me, just ensure that you dun hear any complain from house below you and Henry is responsible enough to help us rectify any work in a later stage...

For ceiling or toilet leakage, usually HDB/ town council will sent their men for investigation ...

I 2nd that . Actually personally I also feel that report not so important. As long as within the warranty period if the house below complaint I am quite sure Henry will come and fix up the thing .

So far after my reno HO , I had look up Henry 3 time

1st - Toilet bowl Issue - He send his plumper to check - end up toilet bowl issue

2nd my light issue - He send his electrician to trouble shoot - light spoil

3rd - My main lock spoil - He also send his lock smith and change up my lock for me

I would say he is still quite responsible

Hi Feimei,

I manage to find a carpenter who give me a good package of doing upper and lower kitchen cabinet and box up the pipes (dummy ones). Actually we do not want upper kitchen cabinet in the first place, but wanna cover pipes, wiring stuffs, so no choice...

Hubby actually disagrees I look for other carpenter strongly,

cos he likes Henry's workmanship after we visited Simon (Lao Da of Henner's Club),

but too bad,

even though Henry tries hard to work out a reasonable price (with upper cabinet this time) for us, we still can't afford.

As we are using our savings and parents' help, not loaning from bank, interest too high.

So budget is very tight.

In the end, hubby gives in to me, source for other carpenter.

Hubby also warns me NO MORE canceling the items from Henry's quotation anymore.

YES SIR!!!

Pictures are all in hubby's iphone. And he is sleeping soundly now. I dunno how to operate his iphone. Maybe tonight then post.

Going to JB to buy lightings.

Many said there much cheaper... Well, no harm go see see look look...

i c....but mine already added in quite many items lol....hubby oso grumbling but those things are a Must do lol....soo LL must do...we oso not taking any loan...trying beary hard to squeeze out whatever we hv n help from IL (must pay back...hahhahahaha...only no interest lah)....

my ID oso say thats the prob with no upper cabinet....all pipes will be seem.... :( i hv bot some white paint...will try to paint over it n see how....@ least they blend in with the wall tiles..... :P

Thanks Simon.

Hi feimei, my friend also paint her pipes to the color of her kitchen walls. Nice, but not sure easy to maintain anot :)

Hubby warns me not to cancel items on the quotation anymore, yet Henry told us if we can't wait until after X'mas, we can look for others to do our feature wall. Is he giving us up??? Hee...

Thanks Simon.

Hi feimei, my friend also paint her pipes to the color of her kitchen walls. Nice, but not sure easy to maintain anot :)

Hubby warns me not to cancel items on the quotation anymore, yet Henry told us if we can't wait until after X'mas, we can look for others to do our feature wall. Is he giving us up??? Hee...

yalo.....try my luck to paint the pipes....ur hubby ask U not to cancel anymore items from ur reno contract....my hubby told me NOT to add anymore items into the contract.....hahahahahaha.....our VO came up to $1600 already....excluding the $$ on paint, furniture, electrical appliances.... :(

lucky before reno....we bot a few items...soo if wan to move in before x'mas still able to lah....but not in full force lol.... :P

now all contractors/IDs very the busy leh...all owners wan their hse to be ready by x'mas, by new year....soo all rushing work.....heard from my IDs....alot of workers go to IR....IR oso rushing work....hahahaha....now really short of manpower....

Painting arranged on Tue, changed to Wed.

Hubby waited from 2pm+ until 8pm+ on Wed, then a guy came up to place his tools.

Promised paint on Thur, no one turns up.

Hubby called painter, he said RAINING, cannot paint.

Hubby called HIM, he said his painter MC.

Well... Diff versions, which to believe?

Oops! Do I sound like spreading rumours???

Edited by Jamieogh

Talked to the painter this afternoon, he was on mc for two days.

Attitude nice! He painted our hse 70% ALONE!

He said if everything runs smooth, there will be 3 painters coming over to finish up the job.

He said now is peak period.

They have over 60 projects, really very rush.