Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Libra_Lyn

Help On Noisy Aircon Compressor!

Hi all,

Would appreciate if any1 can help advise on Noisy compressor.

My unit is Toshiba (Non-inverter) Sys 3, installed for 3.5 yrs. Seldom use aircon, average 1-2 time monthly, haven done any servicing/engage any contractor for regular maintenace so far. Aircon still cool, no funny noise or leaking problem except now start to hear Nosiy "croaking" sound from compressor.

Called Carrier since Toshiba is under them & compressor is still under warranty. Was told that inspection=S$80 (before GST), if require compressor replacement= + S$320 (before GST). I was shocked, thought that under warranty wouldnt cost so high. Was told since warranty doesnt cover services & labour, so S$320 is for compressor change "labour", so I "save on compressor" which cost S$300-400.

Need advice if I should engage Carrier to check what is wrong & replace accordingly? Read that Carrier services are more expensive but professional.

OR I should engage other aircon contractors?

Actually was planning to find contractor for regular servicing b4 compressor start having noise :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmm... base on your msg, the sound is come from just compressor? but usually compressor wont created so loud sound, unless poor installation on location or base to hold compressor starting rusty and unable to absort the vibration. As i know, cost around 300-400 is enough to change new compressor for outside market. But i dun think the charge was so high since the unit is still under warrantly, you are their customer but the labour fees is more higher than 1 new compressor. Or another suggestion is, some of aircond company will help to change the faulty compressor and installing it back, but u need have the original warrantly card. ( its only happen when the compressor spoiled and comfirmed Carrier technician.) If you still think the cost is high, or u might call some other aircondman to see whether can reduce the sound lower?