Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Megadeth

Dyson Or Miele Vacuum Cleaners?

How much did u get your Miele for?

The Miele costs ard $400++ as quoted by lapena. I bought it at Best Denki (Taka). So far so good. Quite happy with the performance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hoho,

am a dyson fan. bought a 22 some months back, promotion so got the hardfloor head, got the mattress head free too.

i find the design of dyson really well though out.

like the large easy to reach on-off switch, the handles on the motor and the tubing, the way to dispose the collected dust (no bags!! and no need to touch any dust!), the way the tube coils around the motor so it packs into a neat little package, easy to take out and easy to keep, the heads also attach to the motor, so not too mah fan to go change heads while going thru the house.

but i dun like the price lah.

piangs.

vacuum cleaner only :P

at least it's one of the more energy efficient vacuums around the market nowadays.

so in the end, i felt it was worth. and using it the past few months, no regrets.

:D

Me also have been using Dyson handheld for my bed room. So far so good. For the living floor using the Philips but less than a year start button spoilt. Now using mop liao. Before Philips I used Osim (green color one). The handheld part with control switches also spoilt easily. Plus the plastic extension tube also broke...sigh.

Nilfisk, in my opinion is considered not bad, filtration is comparable to miele. But if robustness or manuevarability is an issue, then a miele is lighter and moves better with it's 360 deg rubberised wheels. A dyson is noisy and clumsy. But they have their fans, like miele. I'm a hygiene freak, so the idea of emptying a bin full of dust, and cleaning the bin is not for me! I prefer the 9- layer fibre sealed-proof dustbag a miele offers. And if u study the marketing aspects of a dyson, it offers no running costs as an enticement. The hepa filter is supposed to be permanent and needs only to be washed. I don't buy that because if the hepa filter is washed numerous times, the material should deteoriate after some time. Miele customers swear at its 20 odd yrs of service, but i hardly heard of dyson customers using 1 for more than 5 yrs without replacing a new one. The which? consumer reports based in uk gives dysons unreliable ratings, though it has improved recently. Miele is quiet, made in germany, with certified 100% sealed hepa filtration when fitted with a hepa filter. No other brands attains that certification and even the highly rated allergybuyersclub.com highly recommended them for allergy sufferers. But if bagless is ur call, then dyson is probably the best with its cyclone technology, though i'm not a fan!

dyson vacuum is mada in malaysia, while any miele is made in germany! A search of miele vacs on google will have seen reviews by which? a consumer body in uk as miele being the most reliable brand for vacs with many best buys. In comparison. a dyson is rated unreliable!

A miele has 360deg castor rubberised wheels which improved mobility, while a dyson has 2 big wheels at the back. It is noisy, clumsy, and the worst of all, a bagless being a bagless, its unhygenic to pour away all ur dust in a bin.Imagine the billowing dust, as an after-effect. Do u want to clean up the bun after emptying? In comparison, a miele has a 9 layer hyclean bag that seals after its full, ensuring no dust seeps out, n emptying is easy.

The only advantage dyson is selling is No running costs as they claimed to have a lifetime hepa filter that needs only washing after every couple of mths. In comparison u have to purchase bags n filters from miele @ $28 for a box of 4 which lasts roughly a yr and a half. However as in air purifiers, do u all believed in Permanent filters that dun need changing? Over time the hepa lining will deteoriates after countless washing, and the truth is, dyson is playing on Saving money marketing to entice u, while miele is emphasizing efficient cleaning, durability, and hygiene,, albeit at a cost! Well, is $28 every year a huge price to pay for hygiene???

Well, after doing considerable research, I decded to by a Miele s518 (yellow star) for ourselves, The one thing we were disappointed with is the machine is assembled in China with German and Chinese made parts. We did get the machine on sale, so we paid $250 less then the Cat and dog model ( made in Germany)

Quality wise, the same powerhead, better filter (hepa, vs charcoal) but no mini turbo brush. The body seems slightly different ( like the older mieles). Miele offered a special promotion upgrade to 5 year warranttee which ease any fear about offshore assembly.

We have mostly hardwood floors, with areas rugs, some of which get dog hair on them. We just got the machine but it does a good job on the carpets. We probably will continue to do quite a bit of dry mopping with the occassional use of the parquet attachment on the hard floors, hoping to stretch the frequency of changing bags ( which are also expensive).

Well, after doing considerable research, I decded to by a Miele s518 (yellow star) for ourselves, The one thing we were disappointed with is the machine is assembled in China with German and Chinese made parts. We did get the machine on sale, so we paid $250 less then the Cat and dog model ( made in Germany)

Quality wise, the same powerhead, better filter (hepa, vs charcoal) but no mini turbo brush. The body seems slightly different ( like the older mieles). Miele offered a special promotion upgrade to 5 year warranttee which ease any fear about offshore assembly.

We have mostly hardwood floors, with areas rugs, some of which get dog hair on them. We just got the machine but it does a good job on the carpets. We probably will continue to do quite a bit of dry mopping with the occassional use of the parquet attachment on the hard floors, hoping to stretch the frequency of changing bags ( which are also expensive).

I haven't seen the model u mentioned! How much did u pay? I'd rather get the fully made in germany models! U can actually get them for around $400! u see, miele has actually launched their shanghai showroom few yrs back and are now aggressively marketing in China! They even built a factory in china for the few models. I hope the models are brought in by miele themselves, because its not in their website when i tried to check it! In any case, hope it works well for u,... The dustbags are 4.5 litre each, 9 layer stretchable spun fibre. a box of 4 costs $28, with 2 filters inside. It lasts slightly more than a yr for a box! Remember to change the filters once a yr!

Considered getting a bosch?

me got the Home professional 10 year warranty on the motor...carpet turbo cleaner hepa filter etc etc

Bought at Courts for abt $550 but recently saw Paris Silk selling for below $500 good deal....

10 years divided by $500 ish..$50 a year!! not too shabby!!!

and BTW the agent in Singapore recognizes the 10 year warranty!! sweet....in Singapore, we have several brands that have warranties that do not macth the markets in Europe, US, Japan...and of course we have our very own CASE...who whilst helpful cannot ENFORCE anything with retailers...

Here is a link

http://www.boschappliances.com.au/content....category_id=244

I love it, its quiet, feel solid, nice finish

I was considering the Dyson....design technology wise superb, the courts guys demo'ed it too really good build...the no loss of suction power was really attractive....what i remember vacuums with bags tend to lose power when bags get full...the dyson has no loss of power...i think the 10 year warranty and the sleek finish of the Bosch won me over...of course its power was superb, you can control the power which works great for me (cud not on the dyson) ...i have some nice handmade rugs at home...need a lower power vacuum to clean up....then i have a car that needs strong vacuum power....so it worked out!!

I believe the bosh is made in germany....but that wasn't a selling point for me honestly.

Germany,Malaysia, japan or China...all have their fair share of lemons or poor products....

me i buy on the basis of technology, price, & aesthetics

when a company decides to move production to a lower cost base, its a huge huge investment....often its the lab , land & tax component that companies shave off in running costs over several years ...the equipment know how mgt tests are carefully calibrated by brand owners to ensure quality is maintained

look at Toyota...they moved production outside of Japan(thailand, mexico, US China), they are still tops in the world ..volkswagen close behind but volks did it thru their many brands!!

my company a US MNC, went one step further by outsourcing our mgf lines!!! guess what we are still number #1 in the world...we vendor manage r suppliers/vendors with an iron fist & possible qlty check/test, glad to say we are much richer for this!! i stay employed. we see the one or two faulty products every now and then...but we make it up to our customers & make sure the factory floor it rolled out from is warned!!

anyways got a bit distracted...what about the Bosh

just bought a miele S2121 from Harvey Norman at $328 with a free filter bag, with $67 for another 3 year warranty and it now come with 5 year warranty, it is a very basic vacuum cleaner as my house do not have carpet and I think it can done the job well. After unbox and it is well and solid build, and work well although I believe it is built in china. Very satisfy with it. Completely different from my previous Aerogaz cheap vacuum which the hose broke after half year of usage and motor die before one year of use.

Own a Meile vacuum cleaner (111th Anniversary edition, gold colour). I received it as a free gift when I purchased a Meile Washer & Dryer set from CK Tangs.

Meile products are truly outstanding, although their price point is a factor. I am seriously considering their steamer/oven for cooking.

back to vacuum cleaners..for people who own pets..especially very furry pets..myself the owner of one..you will understand that their fur gets everywhere..

And I mean literally everywhere..clothes, furnishings etc..fur gets settled down on a surface even after you have just cleaned it..

I do not like using vacuum cleaners..give me a mop and bucket any day. And I even considered selling the free with purchase vacuum cleaner..

but after using it a few times, their quality is really excellent. And definately helps in keeping our home cleaner..while not exactly a fur-free environment,

the Meile vacuum does help with their excellent suction. Plus, cleaning out those dust bags are much easier.

In terms of quality and function, Meile gets my vote. They have the widest range of vacuum cleaners created for specific uses.

(Those who have pets whould appreciate their turquoise Dog&Cat vacuum)

For everyone else who uses the vacuums as part of their usual household chores, Meile definately makes the job easier.

The washer and dryer set works like a dream..during spin dry process, the vibrations are very quiet..like a purring engine..

Same goes for the experience with Meile vacuum cleaners..their products may be expensive, but definately worth the investment in the long run.

For those interested in more savings, CK Tangs offers 6% rebate for CitiBank members and 12% for Tangs cardholders.

If you have a Takashimya card, can benefit from earning points at Best Denki, which can be exchanged for Takashimya vouchers.

I'm currently using the Miele Cats & Dogs. Simply love using it..!! It is light and easy to manouver around with the ergonomic handle. Suction power is good - cos can adjust to higher power for carpets, or use the mid-power for hardwood/ marble flooring. The power brush is especially useful for brushing out the carpet. Totall no regrest purchasing it. Much better than my old delphin vaccum. That one was bulky, heavy and hard to use. Plus everytime use gotta fill with water and then must remember to empty the dirty water out and rinse the Delphin before storing away else the vacuum will stink. Rather troublesome. The Miele - only need to throw the dustbag away when it is full and replace with new one. No more hassles. :good:

Edited by KittyJems