Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bodo

Refridgerator

Hi,

Could anybody comment on what is the best fridge to get for the best value for money, it's durability and energy efficiency?

Ideally, we would like to have a fridge with ice-making capabilities...but not sure how practical it is.

Would appreciate any help! Thanks! :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Could anybody comment on what is the best fridge to get for the best value for money, it's durability and energy efficiency?

Ideally, we would like to have a fridge with ice-making capabilities...but not sure how practical it is.

Well, best is subjective.

Anyway, I just got mine last weekend from Courts. Went to two other places and surprise that non of them could match Courts price.

LG Side by Side Fridge

Model: GR-P217LGB White Art Flower

Comes with ice making function, etc. (Go to their website if u need more info)

Original price $3999

Discounted price $2399 + $300 NTUC vouchers

So actual price is $2099 after you minus the NTUC vouchers.

Their BIG clearance sales should be still on, just drop by any courts stores.

Edited by nitez

Anyway, I just got mine last weekend from Courts. Went to two other places and surprise that non of them could match Courts price.

LG Side by Side Fridge

Original price $3999

if i nt wrong this model the energy efficiency is nt that gd, n i hear its make frm china....

the size of the fridge is big but the width is very long so nt everyone have the space for it...

for chosing a fridge the most imporant thing is the space u have.....

ice making is cool but when the ice maker spoil,its useless....

LG Side by Side Fridge

Original price $3999

this is a burning question i have since coming across TS post the first time, "what is ice making function"? doesnt all fridge come with ice making? :o

this is a burning question i have since coming across TS post the first time, "what is ice making function"? doesnt all fridge come with ice making? :o

It's one of those where you can press on a lever and ice-blocks comes falling down through a compartment straight into your tumbler. You don't have to literally put water into the ice-tray, sit and wait 5 hrs for it to turn into ice, then try to pry the ice away from the tray to get the ice.

It's definitely cool to have ice-on-demand, but seriously, to pay a lot more for it, I will have to think twice. :D

if i nt wrong this model the energy efficiency is nt that gd, n i hear its make frm china....

the size of the fridge is big but the width is very long so nt everyone have the space for it...

for chosing a fridge the most imporant thing is the space u have.....

ice making is cool but when the ice maker spoil,its useless....

Correct me if I'm wrong, LG is currenly assemble in Indonesia but think parts still comes from Korean. Will need a water inlet for the ice maker. I also feel it useless cuz I prefer warm water :D.

I hardly suggest that you buy LG. Because it has good quality. But LG are usually big so better rent a movers for your fridge to be delivered at your house.

Hi,

Get F&P fridge..... they are alot better than korean or jap brands........

We have a Fisher & Paykel fridge for quite some time already, quite happy with it so far.

Heard that Samsung fridge are not very lasting .. but this is hearsay

I am also searching for a fridge. Wanted to start a topic on Hitachi fridge topic but saw this so might as well post here.

Well...on Sun, I went to see the fridge I have been eyeing for. F&P one. Stainless Steel one. Then a sales assistant came and saw me looking at the F&P fridge. She actually tells me F&P not as advanced as those made in Japan one. So she intro me to a Hitachi fridge. Seems veri good leh. All parts made in Japan somemore. Then it's super quiet as well...runs on an inverter which saves electricity though only three ticks as compared to F&P fridge which has four ticks. But F&P not inverter one so long run, the F&P not cost saving la. Then read from other forums that Hitachi fridge not bad. So many plus points but still can't decide yet since in the market, there are other good brands as well. And the pirce not cheap. Retail at $2199. for R-SF42YMS.

So anyone using this model Hitachi fridge?

I am also searching for a fridge. Wanted to start a topic on Hitachi fridge topic but saw this so might as well post here.

Well...on Sun, I went to see the fridge I have been eyeing for. F&P one. Stainless Steel one. Then a sales assistant came and saw me looking at the F&P fridge. She actually tells me F&P not as advanced as those made in Japan one. So she intro me to a Hitachi fridge. Seems veri good leh. All parts made in Japan somemore. Then it's super quiet as well...runs on an inverter which saves electricity though only three ticks as compared to F&P fridge which has four ticks. But F&P not inverter one so long run, the F&P not cost saving la. Then read from other forums that Hitachi fridge not bad. So many plus points but still can't decide yet since in the market, there are other good brands as well. And the pirce not cheap. Retail at $2199. for R-SF42YMS.

So anyone using this model Hitachi fridge?

Was aiming the previous model, the R-SF42XMS which was only 2 ticks. Not bad. You went best denki isit? I realise all the best denki fridge promoters pushing hitachi leh. but it really does seem quite good lah. Where did u see the YMS? it's new and most stores don't have it on display yet.

Was aiming the previous model, the R-SF42XMS which was only 2 ticks. Not bad. You went best denki isit? I realise all the best denki fridge promoters pushing hitachi leh. but it really does seem quite good lah. Where did u see the YMS? it's new and most stores don't have it on display yet.

Yes you are right. I saw it at best and at HN loh. Both retail at the same price. Oh really? They pushing for Hitachi? Sounds good the way the sales ppl recommend Hitachi. Quite tempted loh. The new one is YMS comes with three ticks. Better than the older verison loh. I saw Panasonic also seems similar compared with this model. But bigger and of cos uses more electricity. Think this model - RSF42YMS looks sleek and nice. Somemore it's stainless steel. The sales assistant ask me to see the back of the fridge and it's made in Japan one. And the back of the fridge is concealed and nicely done. Bot like F&P...veri old fashioned kind of fridge. If got chance, u ask the promoter let u see the back of the fridge.

Yes you are right. I saw it at best and at HN loh. Both retail at the same price. Oh really? They pushing for Hitachi? Sounds good the way the sales ppl recommend Hitachi. Quite tempted loh. The new one is YMS comes with three ticks. Better than the older verison loh. I saw Panasonic also seems similar compared with this model. But bigger and of cos uses more electricity. Think this model - RSF42YMS looks sleek and nice. Somemore it's stainless steel. The sales assistant ask me to see the back of the fridge and it's made in Japan one. And the back of the fridge is concealed and nicely done. Bot like F&P...veri old fashioned kind of fridge. If got chance, u ask the promoter let u see the back of the fridge.

The panasonic one is not just bigger. Take the wattage needed by each fridge and divide by their respective capacity and you realise the panasonic one is actually more energy efficient. However, the panasonic one doesn't have auto-closing doors. Being that me and my wife both very forgetful/clumsy ppl we decided not to take the panasonic due to that lack.

Which best denki and HN you saw it at? I want to go and check it out physically before i commit to buy.

Actually i don't like F&P fridge. My SIL using it for past 8 years and since four years ago her entire freezer compartment is iced up. Icicles and frost everywhere. Very jia lat and ugly... >_<"

Edited by stormcontrol

The panasonic one is not just bigger. Take the wattage needed by each fridge and divide by their respective capacity and you realise the panasonic one is actually more energy efficient. However, the panasonic one doesn't have auto-closing doors. Being that me and my wife both very forgetful/clumsy ppl we decided not to take the panasonic due to that lack.

Which best denki and HN you saw it at? I want to go and check it out physically before i commit to buy.

Actually i don't like F&P fridge. My SIL using it for past 8 years and since four years ago her entire freezer compartment is iced up. Icicles and frost everywhere. Very jia lat and ugly... >_<"

Oh really? I did not look carefully at that though. Maybe I haven do my extensive research yet.

Auto-closing door? U mean when u forget to close the doors then got alarm ar? Ya, the sales person told me Hitachi have but I tot most fridges have that function cos my current house...mom using Samsung (lasted veri long) then alarm will go off if forget to close the doors loh. But F&P don't have such function one. Then F&P...the ice and meat all put together in the freezer so got the weird smell loh. So decided not to buy F&P le. But Hitachi that one veri ex so still considering.

Best at IMM and HV at Millenia Walk both got this model. Go take a look ba.

Auto-closing door? U mean when u forget to close the doors then got alarm ar? Ya, the sales person told me Hitachi have but I tot most fridges have that function cos my current house...mom using Samsung (lasted veri long) then alarm will go off if forget to close the doors loh.

Best at IMM and HV at Millenia Walk both got this model. Go take a look ba.

Autoclosing door in that if your door is not fully closed (and too far for the magnet to catch), the hitachi fridge (as well as the mitsubishi W-class) have the ability to pull the door shut. The panasonic doesn't have this function.

Thanks for the headsup as to where to go!