Supersimon27

What Should My Fridge Base Dimention ?

Will be getting the samsung fridge RT72KASE with a dimention of

Width (Net, mm) 840mm

Height (Net, mm) 1788mm

Depth with door handle (Net, mm) 726mm

Depth without door handle (Net, mm) 627mm

Depth without door (Net, mm) 627mm

what should my dimention of the fridge base be?

should i use Depth with door handle to cal the tolerance or Depth without door to calculated ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You got ID to handle?

Let him know your fridge size and ask him to calculate.

It's 50 to 100mm on each side allowance.

Depth should include the door dimension, bigger better than smaller.

If too big, just pull it out a little. If too small, you're stuck with a too small base.

My ID told me to that the base should be 900mm in depth ....

Something that i feel that it's too big

He wants to be on the safe side, if just nice or too small, very troublesome to redo.

They rather make bigger for more allowance.

I am doing away with the fridge base. If you don't wash your kitchen floor like the 70's, you probably won't need one.

Moreover, if you don't have a fridge base, you won't size consideration when you change your fridge in future.

i tot fridge base standard size?

Ya it got standard size, but now the fridge come in a lot of sizes it better to zoom in what model of fridge u want to get and look for the dimension in their website, give it to the ID and let him/her settle.

2 door, 3 door, side by side, different brand different size, vary a lot on depth, width and height also.

B4 I brought my fridge, I went to my house to measure the space and location of where the fridge going to be, had to add in few considerations also like the door can open how big, will it knock onto the wall, etc (Cos my fridge is very big). :D

p1000481c.jpg

I am doing away with the fridge base. If you don't wash your kitchen floor like the 70's, you probably won't need one.

Moreover, if you don't have a fridge base, you won't size consideration when you change your fridge in future.

agree.

it's one of those monkey see monkey do thing that refuse to die with the IDs/contractors.

unless you want to wash your kitchen ala hawker centre style.

Edited by MaCe

Ya it got standard size, but now the fridge come in a lot of sizes it better to zoom in what model of fridge u want to get and look for the dimension in their website, give it to the ID and let him/her settle.

2 door, 3 door, side by side, different brand different size, vary a lot on depth, width and height also.

B4 I brought my fridge, I went to my house to measure the space and location of where the fridge going to be, had to add in few considerations also like the door can open how big, will it knock onto the wall, etc (Cos my fridge is very big). :D

p1000481c.jpg

Cannot be more true than that. The condo that I currently stay in now came with a fridge base. My wife wanted a large fridge. Although we have no problem opening the fridge door we could never fully pull out the vegetable compartment. So my vegetable compartment has never been cleaned for the last ten years. Yicks!