Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kewin

My Acceptable Home @ Yew Tee

Why should his workers be calling you? How come they got your number?

Aren't they engaged by your contractor??? They should go hunt him down instead.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My letterbox today had been damaged. It is very empty, no letter or even those advertisement flyers inside.

Someone use screwdriver and force open. The side all have screwdriver marking, and dents marks. I taken photographs, might have to take actions.

Aiyoh... Kewin

Please make police report immediately about the damage letter box.

1 thing im confused.

You said there is no company letter head on the agreement or whatsoever.

But how come the agreement u show to the worker, they say belongs to someone else.

MY House Renovation Started On Dec 15 2008, and had just completed on 12th May 2009

keke, my experience very similar as yours, my reno started earlier then yours even. during OCT. :unsure: only difference is, my contractor company did offer me relatively good support amist all the problems. professional or respectable enough i guess they are somehow victimised too by the lame "ID" that handles my place. so i still give them '3 fen mian zi'.

only come to accept the fact nothing much can be done already during may and started to furnish up the place. looks ok still for now when you not looking close enough. like your title. acceptable but not satisfied. i guess i did found a good company to handle my reno, just my luck to be given an lame ID using a group of lousy sub-cons & getting a batch of lousy flooring. only one of them is really 2 thumbs up. the electrician.. came up about 10 times during my 8mths of reno & still not paid yet,found out electricians are like guards unit,go in first,come out last? sorry if wrong ah,was not in army.only hear say only. became quite good friends with that guy after the saga. the other day he even called me to find out if my place is ok already or not. heart-warming sia. keke.

can only say letterbox thingy is so childish. you should go all out after that. thou no proof...but only 1 direction to turn to. :rolleyes:

actually i also quite confused, if your guy was from the shop,in the shop,using the shop letterhead to sign with you..BUT not known to be from the shop by anyone. seems very strange. keep contact with the workers ba. ask them to make report too if defaulted payment. now become like fraud case sia. the plot thickens. :unsure:

Hey DoubleJ,

Your encounter was almost similar to mine. My kitchen cabinet was badly done. My flooring white colour grout line either stained with black or some lines came off. My tiles are unacceptable as the bathroom tiles got black stain. When I started to clean the house than I notice all this crap. My house electrical wiring is crap, all the Box got holes and I had to used silicone or white powder to cover it.

He will tried to be funny and now will PM you to self-explain he is correct. He change mobile number already, his facebook and he quickly changed all the information. He change his Company Name he work as, best part he even removed his photographs, but luckily my friend had saved a copy inside my USB drive with his Info Profile. He seemed to be in facebook everyday playing Mafia War. I asked my friend to added him as friend to play Mafia (inside his so-call MPR group) and he is helping me to monitor his profile. (My friend also very high level in that group.. (200-300 ++ level)).

I am not leaking out too much information. Manage to track down somemore, not sure whether did he owed a cooking store in Geyland Lorong.

If he never do anything bad, why he had:

1) Change Mobile Number

2) Change Facebook profile and removed the company he worked with (which is the one he signed contract with me) even removed his photographs (I had a copy of all the photos, I think I saw some he took photos with some girls).

3) Never login into renotalk since 16 May but I suspected he using another account. He will be here sure to see my posts, as his MSN got notify of my movement. Because he added me as friends to get notify mah.

I really cannot take it.. I am about to blow all this up to Straits Times Forum.. big big one.. let the whole Singapore knows.

My kitchen cabinet is badly done, especially the joints of the cabinet is not crap. I will post some pictures tomorrow. Each time I started cooking, I start to see the fault. I am also stressed up because HDB refused to give me my CPF Top Up Grant as they say I had missed the dated-line. Sadly I do not have original documents as my wife and child cannot come in the first place to submit the documents. I am also alone doing the house renovation and over-see this. I did not even know that my child can qualify as she become a Singapore Citizen in China. I though my child needs to be 21 years old as my wife still not PR yet.

I am already stress-up with this, and yesterday letterbox issue I called up HDB officer to informed my estate officer. I am waiting for appeal.. this

Edited by kewin

had you spoken to the company involved yet? what was their stand? should really pass them the burden instead. "擒贼先擒王" ;) i think it's not much help with hunting the guy down yourself already. settle the place fast if the company is willing to help.

OMG, seems like this contractor is a scammer..

I think its a good idea if you go to the press, everyone knows of your situation and also flash his picture for everyone to see..

maybe it can also act as a supporting for you to appeal to HDB for your grant and other relevant dept to appeal for your kid citizenship and wife PR.

Since you are consider a victim...

Please still go file a police report for the damage letterbox.. you wont know what comes next.

even if there is no action from the police, at least there is a record.

Check with the police , can your case be considered as a fraud?

People like them are like wild mushroom.. after they succeeding in swindling some $$, they will MIA and closed down the company

then use a new company name to open another office and look for the next victim..

its a vicious cycle that never ends.

Edited by charemme

had you spoken to the company involved yet? what was their stand? should really pass them the burden instead. "擒贼先擒王" ;) i think it's not much help with hunting the guy down yourself already. settle the place fast if the company is willing to help.

The company I think does not even know my house is renovated as they had never received any payment. All my payment to him is directly to my Mr. XXX Contractor. In the first place, when I asked him why I cannot write a cheque to his company, he boldly say that it is very troublesome as he need to ask someone from the Company to withdraw out the money so and so. He prefer direct dealing.

Remember, when the Contractor ask for payment, make sure you write a cheque to his company to let them know his dealing or else if there is any disputes, the company does not even know you existed.

The company I think does not even know my house is renovated as they had never received any payment. All my payment to him is directly to my Mr. XXX Contractor. In the first place, when I asked him why I cannot write a cheque to his company, he boldly say that it is very troublesome as he need to ask someone from the Company to withdraw out the money so and so. He prefer direct dealing.

Remember, when the Contractor ask for payment, make sure you write a cheque to his company to let them know his dealing or else if there is any disputes, the company does not even know you existed.

Agree with this, never pay the person cash, must issue cheque to the company and get a receipt.

But then cheque also dangerous, lawry's cheque also put out in public by his stupid contractor, if you read his blog.

Kewin, I emphatized with you for the nightmare you wernt through. I can imagine the money, stress and doing it all alone. My hats off to you for pulling through. Hope from now on, its nothing but bright sunny days ahead for you.

1) Is it wrong to casual talk with the contractor's worker? (they will kapo and ask me how much I buy the house.)

I think its ok, but I never met with my contractor workers before, because I hardly go to the site to supervise during the reno.

2) Does your contractor workers leave down telephone number on the wall. If yes, how will you response?

Never happened to me. If it does, I probably just take it dowm for future references or needs.

3) Does your contractor workers ever ask from you money during the casual talk?

Never met them before, so this doesnt apply although I did met with some before when they come do touch up aft completion. But that also never ask $ from me.

4) Does your contractor asked from you the last payment immediately after handing over the house to you?

Never, in fact only aft >2wks staying there only come and take $. That also he never chased me...hahaha.

5) Does your contractor ask you to install toilet bowl first? I saw a lot of member install last?

For my one, its installed almost last, I would say its installed aft the painting and tiles are done.

6) Does your contractor tell you, he cannot get workers on site because of other works?

My contractor have workers that had been through with him for long time. I specifically asked him about his workers. Thats what he told me. So he says he knows what the quality of his workers provide.

7) How long does your house take to paint? (My house 2 weeks, blamed me on my selection paint instead of his manpower)

I think mine like 2-3 days only. I am also not sure as I mentioned I rarely go down on site to supervise.

8) Does your contractor keep dragging and telling you his workers cannot make it and suddenly paused your renovation for 2-3 days. (Properly he run out of cash and never paid his workers and gives all sort of excuses to cover himself)

Never. In fact mine was finished in lightning speed without comprimising the quality.

9) Have your Contractor tell you his worker run away to Malaysia and never return his deposit and delayed the Carpentary Works? How would you response?

No ah. Never encounter before. If he told me that, I will tell him ok, so thata prob you need to solve. Dont let it effect the handover date.

10) Have your Contractor ever tell you, nevermind it is alright to get work permit licence (HDB Licence) issue from his friends?

My contractor does have HDB licence. I personally check in HDB website as I dont trust anyone's words for it. An ID did told me before to be wary of this tactic. Contractors using other people's licence. So in a way, I had prepared myself not to reach at this juncture.

11) Have your Contractor ever tell you his workers is not available for certain installation so have to delayed? But why can't he start other works instead?

No, never happened before.

I AM NOT THE FIRST VICTIMS. There is another forum member who is also in the same situation using the same Contractor. I hope this forum member could post your experience and what happened.

We are both using the same contractors.

I think you should take pictures of all defects,print it out, bring the contract bearing the letterhead of the company, make police report, then seek legal advice. :unsure:

somehow, it just doesnt seems right that the company dont need to bear anything when their name is all over the contract? you do have a copy bearing a company name right? first contact was at their shop

ma, it was their employee or at least they made him looked like he was,you alias with him in their shop right? and if they say they dunno him or you. how come he can access their contract and you sign on

one? if they say he used it without them knowing,asking you to go find him. hoho...this fella gonna have a place on the notice boards of all npcs with this company name's down the drain liao. :good:

I agreed... the police should handle it as a fraud case.

Nail him down.. even thou Owners is partly responsible

But can be letting the fraud case goes on , and the contractor gets to walk free each time

So kewin, did you managed to get the contractor then? i tink u should take legal actiona against him, since he since to be doging you deliberately, taking the money and giving lousy works. just like the previous forummer, lawry. he also has bad works done by a very famous company.