Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

reading through this thread and thought i would like to update it :)

I have bought an unit there (The Verte) 4 bedders and currently there are 3 projects are being built by the same developer (Seah Construction).

Today i went there to have a look and seems like they are concentrating on The Ambra which should be ready pretty soon.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Frankly, I find Verte too near the canal, ie. there will be smell, and mosquitoes. I live nearby with my parents since 1993 and jog and cycle at the park connector, my observation was that houses near the canal were newer and better renovated than the rest, giving me the impression that the original owners had sold them off even though they were superbly located, ie. near MRT and even those beautiful houses have been sold and given way to developments like the Treeline and Verte, landed owners don't usually sell off their property unless something not so good. Many people not so familiar with TK would buy next to canal but imagine dinner time or when you sleep the lingering smell of the canal would spoil your appettite.

Personally I love TK area, so convenient and have actually bought a unit further from the canal at Lor G, just that I would try to avoid Verte and Treeline. All this is IMHO YMMV.

Edited by xebay11

I have never stayed there before but has been there for more than 20 times (Morning, Noon, Evening and Night 9PM+) after i bought The Verte. So far i have not noticed any mosquiote nor the smell from the canal which is next to Lorong H/G ...

I walked up further towards kembangan site and for some reason there is strong smell from the canal there ... even thought they are connected ... i wonder why the difference ... could it be the food stall that site?

I have never stayed there before but has been there for more than 20 times (Morning, Noon, Evening and Night 9PM+) after i bought The Verte. So far i have not noticed any mosquiote nor the smell from the canal which is next to Lorong H/G ...

I walked up further towards kembangan site and for some reason there is strong smell from the canal there ... even thought they are connected ... i wonder why the difference ... could it be the food stall that site?

Smell is only certain times of the year, especially warm months and random. Mosquitoes what do you think, it is a large body of water, some small pockets may stagnate. Anyway it is too late now since you bought, I believe FH property has good upside, especially Verte as it has good location, next time don't like just sell. BTW I am at Medley.

Smell is only certain times of the year, especially warm months and random. Mosquitoes what do you think, it is a large body of water, some small pockets may stagnate. Anyway it is too late now since you bought, I believe FH property has good upside, especially Verte as it has good location, next time don't like just sell. BTW I am at Medley.

Ahh i see ... I was just thinking to add an outdoor dining/BBQ area at the Open Terrace ... the canal i do see quite a lot of fish swimming around so i hope they would do their job.

How is the work manship of Medley? I understand it is from the same developer. Care to share some pics of your new shiny unit please? ;)

Ahh i see ... I was just thinking to add an outdoor dining/BBQ area at the Open Terrace ... the canal i do see quite a lot of fish swimming around so i hope they would do their job.

How is the work manship of Medley? I understand it is from the same developer. Care to share some pics of your new shiny unit please? ;)

So far workmanship of the Medley is good, no complaints since I took over the keys. I don't think you can BBQ at open terrace as smoke may get in other units, outdoor dining is good though :D I am still in the midst of designing my new home may share some pics when complete.

Don't know why is TK considered neither here nor there, IMHO I think it is one of the best located regions in the East, it is the only D15 private estate near MRT and buses. Unlike the Costa Del Sol, or Bayshore, which you can only go to the Bedok jetty, TK residents using the Siglap connector you are quickly hooked up to the most happening place at East Coast Park, the Siglap connector alone is a mini East Coast park for cycling, jogging or blading.

Just a short drive away you get to go to Katong, Marine Parade, on the other hand you get easy access to Bedok and Tampines. No other place has easier access to BOTH PIE and ECP, going to Orchard is a breeze with PIE and then CTE. TK is only 2 MRT stations to the new Paya Lebar Hub and also 2 MRT stops to Tanah Mera MRT to access Changi business Hub and Changi Airport.

So far workmanship of the Medley is good, no complaints since I took over the keys. I don't think you can BBQ at open terrace as smoke may get in other units, outdoor dining is good though :D I am still in the midst of designing my new home may share some pics when complete.

I am thinking to use those eletric grill but you are right the apartment above me might not be too happy :) ... I would love to see your pics !!!

Don't know why is TK considered neither here nor there, IMHO I think it is one of the best located regions in the East, it is the only D15 private estate near MRT and buses. Unlike the Costa Del Sol, or Bayshore, which you can only go to the Bedok jetty, TK residents using the Siglap connector you are quickly hooked up to the most happening place at East Coast Park, the Siglap connector alone is a mini East Coast park for cycling, jogging or blading.

Just a short drive away you get to go to Katong, Marine Parade, on the other hand you get easy access to Bedok and Tampines. No other place has easier access to BOTH PIE and ECP, going to Orchard is a breeze with PIE and then CTE. TK is only 2 MRT stations to the new Paya Lebar Hub and also 2 MRT stops to Tanah Mera MRT to access Changi business Hub and Changi Airport.

I never thought TK to be "neither here nor there" ... I find it is very convenient to get around to anywhere ... and the only problem i have with it is parking along the road side but all the private estate i have been to, it is a common sight and all we need to do is just let the other party to get through ... no problem.

As you mentioned the MRT is right next to it and siglap park connector is all the way to East Coast park and I am sure my son and daughter would love the weekly jogging/cycling we will have when we took over the keys.

I never thought TK to be "neither here nor there" ... I find it is very convenient to get around to anywhere ... and the only problem i have with it is parking along the road side but all the private estate i have been to, it is a common sight and all we need to do is just let the other party to get through ... no problem.

As you mentioned the MRT is right next to it and siglap park connector is all the way to East Coast park and I am sure my son and daughter would love the weekly jogging/cycling we will have when we took over the keys.

I guess people who don't know TK would only make such remarks. If TK is so bad, why would I buy a second house around here? LOL! Granted the new condos ard Katong are nice but I needed space and for the size I got at Medley 1389 sf, 4 bedder, I would have to pay $1.66++ m for the Seaview, but no MRT, which is quite a big deal breaker for me, although I drive, my wife and two growing kids need to get around independently. You are right about the parking, but it happens in almost all the landed private estates in Singapore and yet people still spend $2m and above to stay in such places, what is our humble outlay as boutique development buyers also once you open your electronic gate, you are in your own world :)

Frankly, Verte, Treeline, Ambra and Medley are the best located projects at TK and all by Roxy Homes, they are a different league from all the rest, so when ppl talk negative abt TK, take it that they are talking about the more inaccessible developments.

Edited by xebay11

What you say is right, I have read so much negative points on condosingapore about TK but to be honest, i dont really care LOL as always everyone is entitled to have their own opinion.

It would be my first time staying in East and i guess from TK go to my office (Suntec) is quite convenient (driving) ... The kembangan MRT is definetely a plus point. I have to get a 4 bedders too ... got 2 young kids (3 years and 6 months).

Are you going to do any Reno on your project? shortlisted any ID?

What you say is right, I have read so much negative points on condosingapore about TK but to be honest, i dont really care LOL as always everyone is entitled to have their own opinion.

It would be my first time staying in East and i guess from TK go to my office (Suntec) is quite convenient (driving) ... The kembangan MRT is definetely a plus point. I have to get a 4 bedders too ... got 2 young kids (3 years and 6 months).

Are you going to do any Reno on your project? shortlisted any ID?

Welcome to the East Kellogs, you will enjoy the East very much by staying at the Treeline, the East Coast Park is 2km flat track from your place, very safe to cycle even for kids.

Yep currently I am in the design stage for my reno, feel like posting at Reno blog, but scared later become lazy. I think the company I am engaging is Design Sense, I am not sure because I actually was recommended to the designer as a person rather then a Company. Will update you with any progress. :)

Thank you xebay11 :) ... now the Bagus Yong Tau Fu is my fav makan joint with my wife after our regular trip to look at The Verte progress ...

Lets start your reno t blog ... i am sure you will not get lazy because all of us will post comments! ... quick go and start one now :)

Are you on the high floor (5th level)? I wonder what is the view like? Landed property rooftop?

Was The Medley built by Seah Construction or another company?

Thank you xebay11 :) ... now the Bagus Yong Tau Fu is my fav makan joint with my wife after our regular trip to look at The Verte progress ...

Lets start your reno t blog ... i am sure you will not get lazy because all of us will post comments! ... quick go and start one now :)

Are you on the high floor (5th level)? I wonder what is the view like? Landed property rooftop?

Was The Medley built by Seah Construction or another company?

I am on the second floor, I missed the opportunity to get the 4th floor unit, as at that time I had not sold my place yet, after I sold my place I rushed to the Medley and asked the agent for the 4th floor unit but too late it was sold to an Indonesian, so just my luck, my view is pool and opposite block only, nothing to shout about, your Verte would be better in this aspect, but I feel that my layout is very good as it is spacious with 5m long viewing distance for TV :D quite unheard of these days and I have 4 reasonable sized bedrooms with 4 toilets, wet/dry kitchen, good size terrace and balcony for landscaping and water feature a requirement by my wife :) .

congrats and i believe you will love this area!!!!!!

have been staying in this district ever since im a kid and i will never move out of this district unless orchard(if i can afford).... hahahaha

The food in this area is fantasic...... from joo chiat to dunman foodcourt, east coast hawker and marine parade hawker, not forgetting the italian restaurant, korean and panarakan food along east coast rd!

I am on the second floor, I missed the opportunity to get the 4th floor unit, as at that time I had not sold my place yet, after I sold my place I rushed to the Medley and asked the agent for the 4th floor unit but too late it was sold to an Indonesian, so just my luck, my view is pool and opposite block only, nothing to shout about, your Verte would be better in this aspect, but I feel that my layout is very good as it is spacious with 5m long viewing distance for TV :D quite unheard of these days and I have 4 reasonable sized bedrooms with 4 toilets, wet/dry kitchen, good size terrace and balcony for landscaping and water feature a requirement by my wife :) .

Pool view is nice too :) ... could you attached your floor plan? 5m long viewing distance for TV is awesome ... i guess you must have a big living room area? Before I bought The Verte i have been to few showroom and was impressed by their living room like The Arte or the current VIVA ...

My unit only comes with 2 baths and 1 toilet even thought it is 4 bedded and it is on the 4th floor (wondering if i will be seeing others people rooftop or not) LOL