Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_diamond

Blue & Pink Love Nest

Hi all,

Finally decide to take up the courage and effort to start my own blog...after some hippcup in trying to post picture in the forum.

We have been house hunting since Oct 2007 till we manage to find unit in 31/12/08. We have gotten the key at end of April...finally a place where we can called it our love nest.

The next headache came when we start to find some ID and contractor for our unit. We have so far got all theses through referral from friends...well we also do have a budget to work on...therefore have to forgo some ID and ideas....sigh.

In fact all thanks to Pink Petter and some others...we manage to get Ah Soon( star contractor) to quote as well...we have seen him and Jason a couple of times....heard alot of good feedback of them ...therefore they are the front runner for having to do our house(hopefully he can give us good discount) so that it will ft in to our budget....

Pink_diamond(my wifey) and i are 2 clueless people who either have too many concepts or having no ideas in what design we like(confusing right)..been flipping magazine, lurking in this forum for ideas...so decide to post up my floor plan...hopefully can get some inspiration here also...wahahahaha. :)

Floorplan.jpg

We are 2 Kiasu pple...so we saw this sofa in Mondi at 50% discount...went ahead to buy it before we even have any concrete ideas for our place....(OMG)...wahahahahaha

P250409_2119.jpg

P250409_211901.jpg

In fact we wanted to hack all tiles, do up a new kitchen, 2 toilets, do altar,WIW for our place...meeting ah soon tonite...hopefully we can join Ah Soon club also....just worry that he always fly me boeing 747...wwahahahaha(just joking...i tease him that he business too bi n many thanks to the forum...)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

welcome welcome. that's a nice sofa. Someone else from the forum also bought the same. What colour is yours?

welcome welcome. that's a nice sofa. Someone else from the forum also bought the same. What colour is yours?

Me bought a black colour...i was thinking if we bought it too early...but since we like it....so that y decide to order and let them deliever later...wahahaha...v kiasu...but now thinking how to fit into my living room as well...hmm...

I got a quote from an ID firm...somethings we wanted to do...not sure if it too ex....wonder how much ah soon can offer...

HACKING/WETWORKS.

1 To supply labour to hack existing living room floor tiles. $400.00

2 To supply & lay 24"x24" homogenous floor tiles **** & storeroom without

skirting. $3,200.00

3 To supply labour to hack existing 3 nos. bedrooms skirting. $300.00

4 To supply labour to patch up the broken area after hacking. $400.00

5 To supply labour to hack existing wall between master bedroom & master toilet. $200.00

6 To supply labour & material to patch up the broken area after hacking. $180.00

7 To construct a hollow block wall to seal up existing master toilet entrance. $380.00

8 To supply labour to hack a new storeroom entrance. $200.00

9 To supply labour to patch up the broken area after hacking. $180.00

10 To supply labour & material to plaster whole house wall & ceiling including

2 nos. toilets & kitchen. $2,000.00

11 To supply labour to dismantle existing kitchen cabinet. $200.00

12 To supply labour to hack existing kitchen cabinet base, sink & stove support. $150.00

13 To supply labour to chemical plaster existing kitchen wall tiles. $850.00

14 To supply & lay kitchen wall tiles at sink & stove area only. $700.00

15 To supply labour to hack existing kitchen floor tiles. $200.00

16 To supply & lay 12"x12" homogenous floor tiles at kitchen with water proofing

membrance. $1,200.00

17 To construct kitchen cabinet base,fridge base & washing machine base $300.00

18 To dismantle & re-install rubbish chute at kitchen $200.00

19 To supply labour to dismantle all toilet accessories including toilet bowls.

at 2 toilets F.O.C

20 To supply labour to hack 2 nos. toilets wall tiles till ceiling height. $400.00

21 To supply & lay 12"X14" ceramic wall tiles at 2 toilets till ceiling height. $2,700.00

22 To supply labour to hack 2 nos. toilets floor tiles. $200.00

23 To supply & lay 12"X12" homogenous floor tiles at 2 toilets with water

proofing membrance. $800.00

24 To supply & lay 3 in 1 water proofing sand at 2 toilets. $400.00

25 To construct shower kerb at 2 toilets. F.O.C

26 To supply labour to chemical plaster existing wall tiles at balcony. F.O.C

27 To supply labour to dismantle existing cabinet at balcony. F.O.C

28 To supply labour to dismantle existing grille at balcony. F.O.C

29 To supply labour to dismantle exitsing sliding door at balcony. $180.00

30 To supply labour to patch up the broken area after hacking. $80.00

31 To supply labour to haulage all building material & disposal all debris

after renovation. $400.00

PLUMBLING WORKS.

1 To supply labour to install 2nos . toilet bowl at 2 toilets. $120.00

2 To supply labour to install 2nos. basin at 2 toilets. $100.00

3 To supply labour to install 2set of toilet accessories at 2 toilets. F.O.C

4 To supply labour to install 2nos. hot water instant heater at 2 toilets. $100.00

5 To dismantle & re-install cold water stainless pipping for whole house $650.00

6 To supply labour to install sink & tap at kitchen. $80.00

CARPENTRY WORKS.

1 To custom made a 6ft full height laminated formica alter table **** room. $1,460.00

2 To custom made a 6ft low height laminated formica shoe rack **** room. $840.00

3 To custom made a 7ft suspended shelf **** room. $420.00

4 To custom made a 6ft suspended laminated tv console **** room $840.00

5 To custom made a 16ft top & bottom laminated formica kitchen cabinet c/w

4 nos. drawers, untensil tray & a dish rack. $3,320.00

6 To custom made a extended table top for kitchen cabinet. F.O.C

7 To convert existing kitchen cabinet trimming to ABS trimming. F.O.C

8 To custom made 12ft laminated formica full height walk-in-wardrobe at

master bedroom. $2,400.00

9 To custom made a laminated mirror sliding door inside walk-in-wardrobe. $850.00

10 To custom made a laminated formica king size bed with 2 nos. drawer at master

bedroom. $850.00

11 To custom made 2 nos. laminated formica side table at master bedroom. $700.00

CEILING FIBRE BOARD.

1 To supply & install false ceiling **** room & dining room. $2,335.00

2 To supply & install false partitional wall at master bedroom walk-in-wardrobe. $850.00

3 To supply & install false partitional wall at storeroom. $450.00

4 To supply & install false ceiling at master bedroom. $698.00

5 To supply & install U-beam to box up piping at balcony. F.O.C

6 To supply & install simple cornice at 2 bedrooms. $400.00

8 To supply & install U-beam to box up piping at kitchen. $80.00

OTHERS.

1 To supply labour to install solid naytoh door & door frame at store room. $430.00

2 To supply & install 22ft solid surface work top at kitchen. $1,650.00

3 To supply & install 2nos sliver col. Frame PVC bi-fold at 2 toilets $380.00

4 To supply labour to paint whole house using ICI/Nippon paint including kitchen

wall, all doors & toilet PVC piping. $1,400.00

5 To supply labour & material to acid wash whole house flooring & windows. F.O.C

6 To supply & lay short stripe parquet without skirting at 3 nos. bedrooms. $2,733.00

7 To supply & lay short stripe parquet platform without skirting **** room. $1,380.00

8 To supply & install 1 no. aluminium casement window at balcony. $480.00

Congrats on your new place. Very nice long-ish and square layout you got there.

Do share some pics on your place soon. Its good that you got Ah Soon to do the reno for you.

From all the glowing testimonials here, I'm sure your renovation will be in safe hands and budget-friendly. :)

The Mondi sofa is indeed very comfy and nice! Good buy indeed!

The 3m long one with the extenable seat is on my shortlist

Congrats on your new place. Very nice long-ish and square layout you got there.

Do share some pics on your place soon. Its good that you got Ah Soon to do the reno for you.

From all the glowing testimonials here, I'm sure your renovation will be in safe hands and budget-friendly. :)

The Mondi sofa is indeed very comfy and nice! Good buy indeed!

The 3m long one with the extenable seat is on my shortlist

Thanks thanks...love the sofa as we are taller in height...so will need a high back sofa...if not neck pain ah...wahahahaha

I will share some before reno pic soon...it is with my wifey camera...actually the longish layout also cause us the headache....like too long...but not wide wnough...that my thoughts....

congrats!!

i muz say that i like your sofa a lot!!! you mentioned that it was on sale? do you have any idea if the sale is still on?? my htb and i are thinking to start buying furnitures and appliances..

The total cost of hacking plus disposal plus patching up is $3+K in your quote. i wonder why they charge u for patching up after hacking..

Uncle Ah soon quote me hacking/clearing debris/make good/dismantle cabinets etc at a lump sum price of $2500. But my hacking exclude 3 bedroom floors since I am laying laminates for the floor

He changed my MBR entrance (sealed up exisitng and hack new entrance) FOC.

For $3200, ah soon tiled my living/dining/storeroom with skirting. I chose a $3.20 600x600 homo tiles

kitchen floor same price but he let me use 300 x 600 tiles.

plastering at $1600 (exclude kitchen)

I think if i am not wrong the carpentry quote is quite ok if it is coming from ID, only slightly above ah soon's price.

yours is 5 room or 4 room?

Congrates on finding ur dream place after such a long search. :) Very nice and comfy looking sofa u got there. :)

Thanks angel...been trying hard to find a place cos for the pricing...now we got it...start to headache for concept for reno....the headache goes on...wahahahha

congrats!!

i muz say that i like your sofa a lot!!! you mentioned that it was on sale? do you have any idea if the sale is still on?? my htb and i are thinking to start buying furnitures and appliances..

As far as I recall, the sale is still on until probably the end of the month. But then again, since GSS is coming, it may get 'extended' again. :)

I was told that for The Furniture Mall, alot of the shops are actually at the end of the lease and are moving out, hence they're holding alot of sales there to generate as much sales as possible before the lease ends.

For buying stuff, if you're not so much in a hurry, you can always take the time to look around and shortlist. Best not to get something on impulse or else some time after if you see a newer model/nicer one, you may regret. :)

The total cost of hacking plus disposal plus patching up is $3+K in your quote. i wonder why they charge u for patching up after hacking..

Uncle Ah soon quote me hacking/clearing debris/make good/dismantle cabinets etc at a lump sum price of $2500. But my hacking exclude 3 bedroom floors since I am laying laminates for the floor

He changed my MBR entrance (sealed up exisitng and hack new entrance) FOC.

For $3200, ah soon tiled my living/dining/storeroom with skirting. I chose a $3.20 600x600 homo tiles

kitchen floor same price but he let me use 300 x 600 tiles.

plastering at $1600 (exclude kitchen)

I think if i am not wrong the carpentry quote is quite ok if it is coming from ID, only slightly above ah soon's price.

yours is 5 room or 4 room?

Thanks for your advice....mine is a 5 rm lor...

this is just the 1st quote...so havent nego yet also...but way above my budget...must praise this ID for his talent and creativity....his freehand drawing etc is good...someone with ideas and concepts...

The only con i din like that he will always want to "box this up", "false wall here", False celing there"...wahahhaa...was joking with my wifey that he should be the spokenman for "box up, and false wall/celing association" if there any in sg...wahahahaha

Dont wish to have too many false wall or what to make my place smaller...that my thoughts...

As far as I recall, the sale is still on until probably the end of the month. But then again, since GSS is coming, it may get 'extended' again. :)

I was told that for The Furniture Mall, alot of the shops are actually at the end of the lease and are moving out, hence they're holding alot of sales there to generate as much sales as possible before the lease ends.

For buying stuff, if you're not so much in a hurry, you can always take the time to look around and shortlist. Best not to get something on impulse or else some time after if you see a newer model/nicer one, you may regret. :)

thanks!!! forgot that the GSS is coming! think i'll look around first :)

The more they do the more they earn mah. good luck in ur ID/Contractor search. The advantages abt ID is you no need to crack ur head to think of design and layout, unless u very sway kanna the kind of ID poor Lawry had. The advantage of contractor is their good pricing but then design wise, we will need ot do alot of homework.

thanks!!! forgot that the GSS is coming! think i'll look around first :)

Hi Rierie,

me not sure when the sales will be....but i believe there always alot of sales going on...it a gimmick.

In fact i sort of wish i went to sungei kedut to take a look before committing....but since Furniture Mall going to have sales....maybe going there to look around again...since it nearer...:)