Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Marble , Granite Or Homogenous Tiles

Hi All,

I will be going for my 1st appointment end of June 09 for my EA at Choa Chu Kang. Now I do not which to go for as I also have budget for my renovation.

1st Choice ) Marble flooring but to lay whole unit including Bedrooms for Marble is gonna dammed ex.

2nd Choice ) Granite Flooring , can save about 4K on polishing the flooring , mostly can fit into my budget.

3rd choice) Compress Marble also quite costly

4rd Choice ) Homogenous Tiles look popular nowasday , the ID tell me how good it is but i dun thnk so (no offence to owner having Homogenous tiles) . I went to visit my friend's unit having Homo tiles. Feedbacks from my friend that homo tiles are more troublesome coz u get stains, the grout lines will get get black and ......

Also I do not know is it adviseable to post the pricing for reno work from the ID as I wish to get some comments and feedback from the members here.

Any comments are welcome.....

Regards

Nobody

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi All,

I will be going for my 1st appointment end of June 09 for my EA at Choa Chu Kang. Now I do not which to go for as I also have budget for my renovation.

1st Choice ) Marble flooring but to lay whole unit including Bedrooms for Marble is gonna dammed ex.

2nd Choice ) Granite Flooring , can save about 4K on polishing the flooring , mostly can fit into my budget.

3rd choice) Compress Marble also quite costly

4rd Choice ) Homogenous Tiles look popular nowasday , the ID tell me how good it is but i dun thnk so (no offence to owner having Homogenous tiles) . I went to visit my friend's unit having Homo tiles. Feedbacks from my friend that homo tiles are more troublesome coz u get stains, the grout lines will get get black and ......

Also I do not know is it adviseable to post the pricing for reno work from the ID as I wish to get some comments and feedback from the members here.

Any comments are welcome.....

Regards

Nobody

You've got a 5th choice, thats overlay laminate flooring. Confirm cheapest of all. Some more not that difficult to maintain.

You've seen alot of ppl posting their id/contractor quotation.

As the experience home owner here could give u comment on which item to ex. Which item is missing? Which item you could save on?

Is your ID/contractor over-quote u? etc.

You've got a 5th choice, thats overlay laminate flooring. Confirm cheapest of all. Some more not that difficult to maintain.

You've seen alot of ppl posting their id/contractor quotation.

As the experience home owner here could give u comment on which item to ex. Which item is missing? Which item you could save on?

Is your ID/contractor over-quote u? etc.

Maybe I post the quote so that can get more feedback.

Hacking & derbis removal work

1 To hack exsiting flooring for living / dining / 3 bedrooms & kitchen cum service balcony. $1,900.00

2 To hack & exisiting bedrooms wardorbe. $450.00

3 To hack & exisiting kitchen cabinet. $350.00

4 To hack exsiting false ceiling **** & dining hall. $400.00

5 To hack exsiting wooden wall triming & wall cum mirror feature. $300.00

6 To provide haulage services & derbis clearance from site. $600.00

Tiling & constuction work.

7 To supply & lay 300x600mm imported marble (selective) with skirting for living cum balcony / dining / study / passage way. (Total 740 sqft). $14,800.00

8 To supply & lay parquet wood flooring for 3 bedrooms teak wood $2,900.00

skirting. Size ( 10" x 2" indo teak ) area (520 sqft).

9 To supply & do cement screet for 3 bedrooms. $750.00

10 To supply & lay 300x300mm matt finish homo tiles for kitchen cum $1,200.00

service balcony.

11 To construct 10ft cooker & basin construct support with tiles finishing. $1,100.00

12 To construct cabinet / fridge / washing machine base. $450.00

Painting / Ceiling work

13 To supply & install L-box **** hall. $750.00

14 To supply & install L-box at dining / study room. $700.00

15 To supply & install simple cornices for 3 bedrooms. $600.00

16 To supply & install ceiling mount beam at TV area using false ceiling

board.( 5 nos ) $500.00

17 To supply & paint whole unit with ICI paint. $1,400.00

Carpentry work

18 To design & install 20ft laminated kitchen cabinet with ABS trimming. $2,200.00

19 To design & install 6 panel laminated doors for basin & cooker support. $540.00

20 To design & install build-in wardorbe with laminate finish for bedroom 2 $1,440.00

( 6ft x full ceiling ht ).

21 To design & install build-in wardorbe with laminate finish for bedroom 3 $1,440.00

22 To design & install L-shape build-in wardorbe with glass door finish

cum mirror design.( 8ft x full ceiling ht ) $2,400.00

Any comments?

Maybe I post the quote so that can get more feedback.

Hacking & derbis removal work

1 To hack exsiting flooring for living / dining / 3 bedrooms & kitchen cum service balcony. $1,900.00

2 To hack & exisiting bedrooms wardorbe. $450.00

3 To hack & exisiting kitchen cabinet. $350.00

4 To hack exsiting false ceiling **** & dining hall. $400.00

5 To hack exsiting wooden wall triming & wall cum mirror feature. $300.00

6 To provide haulage services & derbis clearance from site. $600.00

7 To supply & lay 300x600mm imported marble (selective) with skirting for living cum balcony / dining / study / passage way. (Total 740 sqft). $14,800.00

service balcony.

11 To construct 10ft cooker & basin construct support with tiles finishing. $1,100.00

Painting / Ceiling work

13 To supply & install L-box **** hall. $750.00

14 To supply & install L-box at dining / study room. $700.00

15 To supply & install simple cornices for 3 bedrooms. $600.00

16 To supply & install ceiling mount beam at TV area using false ceiling

board.( 5 nos ) $500.00

17 To supply & paint whole unit with ICI paint. $1,400.00

Carpentry work

18 To design & install 20ft laminated kitchen cabinet with ABS trimming. $2,200.00

19 To design & install 6 panel laminated doors for basin & cooker support. $540.00

20 To design & install build-in wardorbe with laminate finish for bedroom 2 $1,440.00

21 To design & install build-in wardorbe with laminate finish for bedroom 3 $1,440.00

22 To design & install L-shape build-in wardorbe with glass door finish

cum mirror design.( 8ft x full ceiling ht ) $2,400.00

Any comments?

Is that all for the quotation?

Is that all for the quotation?

Ya think that all , but i still think there are some of the item miss out.

I tink ur quotation of mable flooring have missed out the price of marble per sqf. This is quite impt because the price range for marble are quite big, from $8 psf to even $30 psf.

Ya think that all , but i still think there are some of the item miss out.

I got some questions to ask u. :)

R u doing kitchen counter top? Toilets not doing anything? Top(10ft) & bottom(10ft) for kitchen cabinet or just bottom (20ft)? R u going to reno the whole house or ? So no feature wall or TV console right?

I tink ur quotation of mable flooring have missed out the price of marble per sqf. This is quite impt because the price range for marble are quite big, from $8 psf to even $30 psf.

Ya seem to have some items miss out or left out. Anyway today went to another ID , got a better quote with no hidden cost. It also fit my budget. Will be doing whole unit with granite . Hack Hack Hack .... Hack and overhual the whole EA ..........

I got some questions to ask u. :)

R u doing kitchen counter top? Toilets not doing anything? Top(10ft) & bottom(10ft) for kitchen cabinet or just bottom (20ft)? R u going to reno the whole house or ? So no feature wall or TV console right?

Yup the ID will be doing for Granite Top for the Kitchen Cabinet (10ft below) and top (10 ft).

TV console havent think of it yet .....

service balcony.

I'm not sure if u realise that you can add a 12-15mm ply-wood between the screeded floor and parquet for better stability, it helps the parquet to have a stronger and lasting glue grip months/years after installation. Because when the glue between "dries" up through time, there might be loose pieces of parquet on your floor. You can oso ask for better quality glue to be sure, but be reminded good things not so cheap.

hi guys, just wondering if we can continue this topic, I'm renovating my home and I wanna change my tiles,

marble seems like a great option but its quite costly. 
heard its one of the most cost-effective long-term, but can't decide...

help, please!

P.s heard the cost-effective here