Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

sad to know from rondy you all got into such a fix with ah soon. especially jesslyn and her family cos i knew them and they even come to my housewarming then.

i finished my reno works in july. started in may. i did not know about ah soon's debt problem. if i knew, i won't even went into the reno with him. just the late handover by 1 month plus and I presume he is busy with other projects as from the forum, there are really projects going on at the same time as mine. maybe at that time, he is still ok. as for flying aeroplane and not answering calls, think all have experienced that before and after engaging him. asking for payments wise, i do not give him everything at one time. only when work is going to start. think my reno went along quite smoothly.

hope this can be resolved for the ones affected.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

DEAR ALL,

I, FINI and SEASHELL are calling for a final showdown with uncle this evening!

We are thinking of getting him to see ALL of us at his place at 9p.m. tonite.

Do PM me if you wanna join us.

Trevor

My opinion is the ex-Sooners are not in wrong...some of them are just lucky to get Ah Soon during his "better" time. They also didn't know that Ah Soon would get into this state because nobody can predict the future...

To be fair to them, they did warn forumers about Ah Soon's "pattern"...I was one of those who were warned. I had mentioned during my early days of looking for contractor that I was quite sure I would like to engage Ah Soon due to his competitive price. But I remember pinkpetter asking me to look around first before settling on him because Ah Soon has a tendency to delay and "fly aeroplane". I did call him to ask for a quote and he said he would get back to me but when he didn't, I figure I couldn't work with this type of contractor and proceeded to approach other IDs and contractors.

No one but us can make the final decision...and once it is made, we should take full responsibility for it. I am really sorry to hear about the plight of some homeowners who are now stuck in this situation...hope everything can be solved soon and just take this as a lesson learned...

Sorry if I offend anyone...

To be fair, ah soon should be taking full responsibility for it, NOT us.

I'm @ Malaysia now.

i just called my hubby,he say he meeting n talking with ah soon @ our home NOW.

dun know how?but feel not so good. :bangwall:

Edited by jesslyntan

Hi Piggybear, Ah soon called me up this morning too... i mean he wanna settle right? How to do it? Main problem he got no money leh.. how to settle????

If he asks you to pay him more money first, don't give in to him!

Hi Piggybear, Ah soon called me up this morning too... i mean he wanna settle right? How to do it? Main problem he got no money leh.. how to settle????

Hi. ya he nw broke liao wonder hw he will settle wif us.... So he meeting u today?

yup, i know the carpenter, think he is a PR.... Btw i got ah soon latest news, tis morning he called my hubby said will meet us today to settle thing. Then he hung up the call liao, duno will kena fly aeroplane anot...

did ah soon contact any of u this morning?

Fwah, decided to read the thread on superstar Ah Soon and found out that the sh*t has finally hit the fan! I was actually considering Ah Soon back in July but then I decided not to because he seemed to always fly aeroplane and my mandarin CMI.

Well, just want to tell all you guys who are affected all the best and I hope you all get to fix the situation.

Good luck! :)

My opinion is the ex-Sooners are not in wrong...some of them are just lucky to get Ah Soon during his "better" time. They also didn't know that Ah Soon would get into this state because nobody can predict the future...

To be fair to them, they did warn forumers about Ah Soon's "pattern"...I was one of those who were warned. I had mentioned during my early days of looking for contractor that I was quite sure I would like to engage Ah Soon due to his competitive price. But I remember pinkpetter asking me to look around first before settling on him because Ah Soon has a tendency to delay and "fly aeroplane". I did call him to ask for a quote and he said he would get back to me but when he didn't, I figure I couldn't work with this type of contractor and proceeded to approach other IDs and contractors.

No one but us can make the final decision...and once it is made, we should take full responsibility for it. I am really sorry to hear about the plight of some homeowners who are now stuck in this situation...hope everything can be solved soon and just take this as a lesson learned...

Sorry if I offend anyone...

u know the carpenter? is he a singaporean? go file a police report if possible to protect urself.. if u no time to go police station, u can file online:

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/ePCLinks.html

if ah soon owes them money, they should go after ah soon. if they dare to do anything to ur house, u can report police and sue them!!

yup, i know the carpenter, think he is a PR.... Btw i got ah soon latest news, tis morning he called my hubby said will meet us today to settle thing. Then he hung up the call liao, duno will kena fly aeroplane anot...

did ah soon contact any of u this morning?

Edited by PiggyBear

hi jess, seashell, fini

how are things getting on for you all? Any progress/good news from the new subcon you have seek out?

Hasnt come in for days, and things seems to have turn for a worse.

Gosh, i think i would have strangle him on the spot!! Can feel the pain and anger...

pity him for what...

he say he BROKE... no $$.. but i think he is the richest... Im not trying to add fuel to the fire

but just think about it. He collect 10-20k from each project in advance, and for 15-20 house, how much that be in total.

Best is, he didnt pay the workers and also the supplier...

Then where did all the $$ gone to?? you all have paid good $$ for reno, and if he didnt use it for that purpose..

whatever 1001 reason he could come up with will be pure crap... it just cannot justify all the wrongs he have did to the owner and the workers.

Owners need a house to move in... the workers need the $$ for CNY....

He really hor... mei liang xin to say this kind of things...

got the cheek to even say it out

i try to go ah soon house n look for him

first time in my life, i go to people house for this reason... feel so lousy..

cannot find him... :bangwall:

we already lock ur main door & gate, take away the num lock. the carpentary company in charge is the person that said wanna tear down the carpenter work... But in the mean time we will see hw first...  :(

u know the carpenter? is he a singaporean? go file a police report if possible to protect urself.. if u no time to go police station, u can file online:

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/ePCLinks.html

if ah soon owes them money, they should go after ah soon. if they dare to do anything to ur house, u can report police and sue them!!

LOL

no time n feel to do WAN BAO hot line thing liao!

no mush $$$ now,so only do basin n hope can move in to my home end of dec.

even kitchen carpentry work also can't do T_T .

no more dream house liao!

pass 4 mths is my "E Meng",just hope can end soon......>.<

Thank Jaskel helping me take over doing my home.Thank a lot!

hi jesslyn

sorry i missed your call when u met jaskel..

some family matters happen at home i wasn't able to move away..

i hope ur side things go on smoothly and glad to hear jaskel can help u!

mus remember to ask for a good quote too :)

seashell, as much as i empathize with you all, I also don't want people saying that ex-customers know because like i've mentioned, even if one or some does/do, it won't be everyone. Unless everyone knows the problems and all did not speak up, then there is something going on. I choose to believe not everyone knows the problems that Ah Soon now shows/has.

The point again is how he manage the money. I'm not going to speculate how he spends it or he is outright planning to cheat right from the start. Afterall, I'm not him.

Good luck with the case and working on it. Till the truth is out, let's not complicate ex-customers in this.

ok fair enough....

u r right, maybe not everyone knows or even have the time to know.. cus i always go down to my house and always have a chance to talk to the subcons so i tend to know or discover alot of things... and i believe not many houseowners can do that.. cus they are mostly working....

i can only say i realized how stupid we were... :(

a vvvv.expensive lesson learned :(

HI Merryman

we must have get hold of certain information before we say certain things.. eventually, ah soon case may appear in court. we are working on it.. the truth will be revealed soon... not to complicate things & to invite speculations n etc..., we will reveal it in due course and when the truth comes to light....

everyone mention fly aeroplane, late HO

BUT

no one mention DEBTS

no one mention the workers stop work because ah soon never pay mone,

no one mention ah soon always not at the scence (when there is a delivery) and make the owner pay money

no one mention all these

if they mention, NO ONE WOULD DARE SIGN UP WITH HIM...

if u say 3mths is acceptable, then how about 6months??? mine is 6months already... seriously if u tell someone, expect delay 2-3mths, i guess it is still acceptable... if u tell people 6mths or MORE, who can accept?

besides, now the case is NOT that ah soon is too busy to handle our reno, it is HE HAS NO MONEY.

THE TRUTH IS:

HE HAS TAKEN OUR HARD-EARNED MONEY AND NOT PAYING SUBCONS TO DO OUR WORK

seashell, as much as i empathize with you all, I also don't want people saying that ex-customers know because like i've mentioned, even if one or some does/do, it won't be everyone. Unless everyone knows the problems and all did not speak up, then there is something going on. I choose to believe not everyone knows the problems that Ah Soon now shows/has.

The point again is how he manage the money. I'm not going to speculate how he spends it or he is outright planning to cheat right from the start. Afterall, I'm not him.

Good luck with the case and working on it. Till the truth is out, let's not complicate ex-customers in this.