Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Bro,你出现了?我老公在跟Lyn的老公聊,他们同命相怜,互吐苦水超过1个钟头多了......

spot on ! !!

my neighbors definitely think I'm STUpID !

& Inconsiderate ! for draggin reno 4 so long....

Stop feeling sorry for yourself & stop letting Ah Soon get his way!

TEAM UP! GET ALL THE OUTSTANDING JOB HOME OWNERS TOGETHER, MEET HIM TOGETHER, PUSH HIM! LET HIM KNOW YOU PEOPLE ARE VERY UPSET ABOUT THE WHOLE THING.

团结就是力量!

Edited by user101

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
if your neighbours see that your renov took so long to finish, how do they think of you? they will think that you are stupid or incapable to find such a contractor.

spot on ! !!

my neighbors definitely think I'm STUpID !

& Inconsiderate ! for draggin reno 4 so long....

Edited by fini

From what i know, ID's profit margin is more than 25% usually. Your 20% is really an under-estimate!

well there is a need for profit margin no matter what. too many ppl expect ppl to work for free.

even a chicken rice seller profit margin can be few hundred % cos ingredient is cheap. But dun forget there are other overheads.

for the time that a good ID put into planning, coordinating, ensuring every details is done, they need to earn a decent income.

honestly speaking i dunno how much ID can earn but seriously, its a really ****ty job and need to be beck and call of clients. Small screw up will get **** from client. Small overlook may lead to a big screw up. Quite a thankless job.

you need to tell uncle your ultimatum :) Let him know that if he can't do certain jobs within like several days, you will have to get someone to do them!

we have been talking for several hours too these few days, not sure what we can do! You din get uncle today?!? did Lynn's hubby talk to uncle today!??!

Trev

From what i know, ID's profit margin is more than 25% usually. Your 20% is really an under-estimate!

based on the cost price list that i mistaken got from ID, their profit from a 25k project is 5k.

arh jess,

so you already decided until this month is the max ar? which means another 2 wks + wor

than if can push uncle soon to do as much as possible for you le

Hi, if your damage is not high, I suggest you quit him and move on to some other contractor who can finish up the work.

Then you see how u can get the money back from him.

Keep waiting is not a solution.

I really propose to make sure he can't step foot into this reno business ever again.

I'm sure the other house owner is in as deep **** as you are.

No matter what, you guys/girls/whoever must hang in there ok...

Must handle this son of a ***** together.

我老公的底线是这个月底,无论做到那里都会停工,12月起就再找其他人做。但是覆水难收,泼出去的“水”怎么收得回?90%的钱T_T(部分钱还是我家公借出的)压力啊!压力!

今天一整天都不接我电话,搞到我现在烦恼失眠,明天继续去家里巡视,每天去每天失望,每天CALL,每天等,每天过得像个傻瓜一样,难道我活该倒霉该死?

Edited by jesslyntan

一针见血,知心人

Hi, if your damage is not high, I suggest you quit him and move on to some other contractor who can finish up the work.

Then you see how u can get the money back from him.

Keep waiting is not a solution.

I really propose to make sure he can't step foot into this reno business ever again.

I'm sure the other house owner is in as deep **** as you are.

No matter what, you guys/girls/whoever must hang in there ok...

Must handle this son of a ***** together.

I hope everyone can learn from Jesslyn's lesson..In my opinion, I think the $10k savings that she gained is not worth to compensate the sufferings that she got from her in laws...their relationships with the in-law have been damaged. Do you think Jesslyn can still get the same kind of repsect that she used to get from the in-laws?? How about the calls to Ah Soon, time and effort to chase after him? How are all these to be measured? Likewise, if your neighbours see that your renov took so long to finish, how do they think of you? they will think that you are stupid or incapable to find such a contractor.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. These are just my humble opinions.

一针见血,知心人

i dont know, how some contractors can save u more than 10k.. based on my calculations of all the contractors and id quote i got, i only manage to save max 6K...

i am really surprised by the calculation done.

based on the cost price list that i mistaken got from ID, their profit from a 25k project is 5k.

When we choose a contractor or ID, we don't pay money to suffer nor do we need to understand their 苦中...I pay money to get their service and not to understand their 苦中..If we know that this contractor (in this case Ah Soon) has the tendency to default on the HO date, why should we engage his service in the first place even though we indicate the HO date on the contract?? So that we can sue him?? That will cause more inconvenience and problems! When we renovate a house, most importantly is prompt HO and good quality, of course paying market rate. I have no doubt that the quotation from Ah Soon may be cheap but I strongly believe that if you do enough comparisons, the differences will be small.

Seashell, You mentioned that you have saved close to $18k? Let me ask...How much is your total renovation cost? $100k or $200k? If you are talking about $35k to $45k, do you think any contractor is able to slash nearly 40% of the costs? How about the quality of the materials? Good workmanship is one factor. But if the materials are made of inferior quality, no matter how good the workmanship is, they will not last.

I hope everyone can learn from Jesslyn's lesson..In my opinion, I think the $10k savings that she gained is not worth to compensate the sufferings that she got from her in laws...their relationships with the in-law have been damaged. Do you think Jesslyn can still get the same kind of repsect that she used to get from the in-laws?? How about the calls to Ah Soon, time and effort to chase after him? How are all these to be measured? Likewise, if your neighbours see that your renov took so long to finish, how do they think of you? they will think that you are stupid or incapable to find such a contractor.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. These are just my humble opinions.

Very well spoken. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid and how I decide to choose my ID. It has been a breeze and very very enjoyable experience so far. Whole project est is 2 mth but i think will be earlier by 1-2 weeks :)

I just need to go take a look weekly and sometimes i get mms updates too :)

Hi Jess,

Mine started in late June and only finished in Oct. Estimated took about 4 months to finish the reno. During this period, I was very stressed and frustrated - endless calls to him - chasing him to do the job....

I really have to thank BD and Ivy during that period - listened to my frustration or else, I will go "crazy"...

You have to continue chase and pestered him to finish the job....(Hee... tell him its urgent, you need to shift in soon as your in laws and hubby are nagging at you)...

All the best! Jia You!!

不断的打了一天电话,不接,msg了又不回电,我都不知道该怎么办?现在刚过三个月,工程不到一半,还是小三房式,4个月等到收屋还不要紧,怕是过了4个月还要等T_T

Hi Jess,

Mine started in late June and only finished in Oct. Estimated took about 4 months to finish the reno. During this period, I was very stressed and frustrated - endless calls to him - chasing him to do the job....

I really have to thank BD and Ivy during that period - listened to my frustration or else, I will go "crazy"...

You have to continue chase and pestered him to finish the job....(Hee... tell him its urgent, you need to shift in soon as your in laws and hubby are nagging at you)...

All the best! Jia You!!

Edited by juz_me

Isnt it this is the case of willing buyer and willing seller? No? I m not siding anyone too, most of the customer are pre warned by us but its seems to me this have not stop them from engaging his services. Again, the reason is obvious rite? dollars and cents thingy is the reason. Saving 10K is not good enough? If anyone felt that this is not significant, i rest my case. I m cheapo, i was quoted $33K by good a fren and ID quoted ranges from $35K to 40K and above. My total cost by ah soon abt $28K, if anyone wants to see all my previous quotes do PM ya. I can show it all!!!

To conclude, the choice is yours, stop saying ah soon supporter backing him up or watsoever. Read the thread thoroughly, did we recommend him without warning??? When i fxxk him like no tml when he delay my rework, did i delete it? No, I didnt, coz i expect ppl here to read, but no, most of them didnt bother to read the entire thread, instead jumps into it asking for his contact nos. So you tell me, when will it end?

Finally, i didnt meant to offend ah soon existing and potential customer. I merely stating the facts and the truth is out there.

Edited by blackcar