Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I am using Jason, after getting a few quotes, including Unce S, who didnt respond at all.

Have actually tried to start a new thread on Jason, but not successful, dunno why. Anyway, so far Jason is ok, shouldnt speak much about him in Uncle S's thread.. keke.

glad to hear that you have settled with Jason. Jason is very experience as well. do share with us your reno journey :) we like pictures!! haha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, can anyone PM me his contact too? Thanks. :D

Hi, i need him to quote me too can PM me his contact.thk u

Hi all - I am heartened by what's said about Ah Soon. Can someone send me his contact details? Thanks

hi i've sent each of u a PM. pls read carefully before making decisions.

Jason is a nice chap just like uncle. He is more "well behave" when it comes to appointment. hahahah

If u have read thru this thread, you will roughly have deduced the downside of using uncle. if u are prepared to brace the bumpy journey dotted with miss calls and HO dates, I can pm you his number. I've got jason's number as well.

I am using Jason, after getting a few quotes, including Unce S, who didnt respond at all.

Have actually tried to start a new thread on Jason, but not successful, dunno why. Anyway, so far Jason is ok, shouldnt speak much about him in Uncle S's thread.. keke.

just to share, my friend recently engaged a famous ID firm to renovate. he is the type he can afford to pay for quality n assurance.. but end up it was a terrible nightmare. no 3d drawing given (as promised in contract), id never go to site, everything was co-ordinated by my friend. for all these, he is paying $10K more than market price. i think if he find ah soon to do, the diffference would have been 15-18k

he is paying 36K for his 3room (living halls & bedroom tile NO hack or retile!) only kitchen n 2 toilet tiles, some ceiling work n feature wall w tv console. NO wardrobe.

when he look at my 38K for the whole revamp of my 5rm, he almost fainted. i told him he will need to do alot of co-ordination n being fly aeroplane.. he says (which i think is very true).. 'he don't mind doing the co-ordination n being fly aeroplane if the savings is a good 10-15K.' he paid more (for ID) but still get all the PROBLEMS n worst, the id leave it to him to talk to the works n settle with them directly...!!!

actually i have seen some ah soon carpentry work, workmanship is not bad! as compared to those i saw who claim they are direct carpenter... in fact i even went to their factory to see their work... ah soon one is better!! if compare to IDs, ah soon one still got some standard!! but like what all others said, u must follow up really closely..

Edited by seashell

hi sengkang,

dun be disheartened. same here, i also approached one of the famous contractor in this forum, he gave me a quote and then i didn't reply him as i was too busy with some personal issues..... when i went back to look for him, he shouted at me saying, ' I CALL U, U NEVER ANSWER, I ALREADY THROW AWAY UR QUOTE LIAO'.. n i never recall recieving any calls or missed calls from him!

there's alot of petty contractors n ids ... !!

Hi all,

just bought my resale place and pretty new at this so pls forgive me if I am asking silly questions!

I'm intending to do the following and wonder if Ah soon can do it. (No money left to get ID already! **** broke + burst bank liao)

1) Polish marble/ varnish the parquet floor

2) varnish doors

3) I've got an existing build in wooden wardobe in MBR, thinking of laminating the door with wallpaper (?) or paint/varnish it?

4) Toilet - the #@^$%R% agent said he will fixed the ventilation fan in the common toilet. Of course he didn't and is now not picking up my call.

5) MBR toilet - looks like got one small portion of the ceiling looks like leaking, probably have fix

6) service aircon

7) buy/install big mirrors at TV console area to make it look bigger

8) does he paint? or if expensive i guess i have to paint myself =X

9) change locks

10) change light switches to legrand switch

can ah soon do it all? or i have to go different contractor etc? sorry ah...first house so am **** blur. :)

Also, I read on some bro blog in this forum (which I can't seem to find it anymore) that ah soon has a brother called jason who also does contractor jobs. How is he ah? good like ah soon? Anyone have Ah soon/jason contact can PM me?

Thanks for being patient with me! :)

vorks, whatever you have stated, uncle can do, but of course he dun do it all by himself. He can include all in his quote but get different people to do. if u want to use wallpaper, he may ask u to go to goodrich and liase direct with goodrich for wallpaper selectiona and installation. Are you prepared to handle such things on your own?

Jason is a nice chap just like uncle. He is more "well behave" when it comes to appointment. hahahah

If u have read thru this thread, you will roughly have deduced the downside of using uncle. if u are prepared to brace the bumpy journey dotted with miss calls and HO dates, I can pm you his number. I've got jason's number as well.

hi vorks

no worries.. all the people here will be glad to answer ur queries...

i have went to get at least 30 reno companies quotes... he is still the cheapest n 'chin chai' (easygoing n easy to negotiate price)

he always like to say ' as long as got earn- even little, can liao'... haha....

I should go to uncle ah soon instead of this particular renovation firm (quite well know in this forum) that drop my deal that I believed the firm only able to earn little.....

The deal is dropped without letting me know and only found out when I tried to contact them for the revised quotation :furious:

ah soon is really too busy already.. he is running the show by himself...

sometimes it can be frustrating if he did not pick up call OR worst still, miss the appt n didn't inform people he is not coming... (keep people waiting)

he is one such person u must keep follow up with him closely... sms him..(in chinese) it works for me... haha..

hi vorks

no worries.. all the people here will be glad to answer ur queries...

i have went to get at least 30 reno companies quotes... he is still the cheapest n 'chin chai' (easygoing n easy to negotiate price)

he always like to say ' as long as got earn- even little, can liao'... haha....

Hi all,

just bought my resale place and pretty new at this so pls forgive me if I am asking silly questions!

I'm intending to do the following and wonder if Ah soon can do it. (No money left to get ID already! **** broke + burst bank liao)

1) Polish marble/ varnish the parquet floor

2) varnish doors

3) I've got an existing build in wooden wardobe in MBR, thinking of laminating the door with wallpaper (?) or paint/varnish it?

4) Toilet - the #@^$%R% agent said he will fixed the ventilation fan in the common toilet. Of course he didn't and is now not picking up my call.

5) MBR toilet - looks like got one small portion of the ceiling looks like leaking, probably have fix

6) service aircon

7) buy/install big mirrors at TV console area to make it look bigger

8) does he paint? or if expensive i guess i have to paint myself =X

9) change locks

10) change light switches to legrand switch

can ah soon do it all? or i have to go different contractor etc? sorry ah...first house so am **** blur. :)

Also, I read on some bro blog in this forum (which I can't seem to find it anymore) that ah soon has a brother called jason who also does contractor jobs. How is he ah? good like ah soon? Anyone have Ah soon/jason contact can PM me?

Thanks for being patient with me! :)

Can hear f1 maybe :dancingqueen:

Today go to expo and cannot go through all and only chit chat with 3/4 exhibitors. I came across the Unimax and decided for full solid top (island) kitchen. Seems like a good deal with luxurious package.

upgrade $5 per soft closing hinge (upgrade to Excel or German Blum http://www.blum.com/sg/en/index.php)

upgrade soft closing drawer

$69psf for kitchen. $120psf for solid top. $320 for solid top basin (optional) can change to s/s one. Not sure Ah Soon can beat that price or not. I was told that solid top in the market have 3 range, $75psf $90psf and $120psf. But not sure how to compare the quality. the difference is 50%. a good 20ft solid top will cost additional $900. Any Ah soon customers use solid top before and what is the quality so far?

$69psf for kitchen is expensive. $120 psf for solid top is also expensive. Any ID/contractor can easily match this price much lower. Is it your typo error psf or pfr?